When it comes to a football-management simulation video game, Football Manager 2021 title is one of them that has been developed by Sports Interactive and published by Sega. It was released in November 2020 and available for Xbox One, Windows, Macintosh, Xbox Series X|S platforms. It basically allows you to improve your skills and setup of your club. Now, though the game becomes quite popular in the market and players are appreciating it, some of the PC players are experiencing issues with the gameplay. If you’re also facing Football Manager 2021 Crashing on PC then follow this troubleshooting guide to fix the issue.
PC games are getting problematic these days and most of the credit goes to Windows operating system and some other system-related issues. Although there can be a hardware issue as well, the chances are very less as compared to software issues. Mostly the PC gamers experience crashes due to incompatible or outdated software that can be Windows or graphics driver or DirectX program, etc. Meanwhile, there can be some other reasons behind such an issue which we’ve mentioned below. So, without getting further ado, let’s jump into it.
- Why Football Manager 2021 Keeps Crashing?
- Minimum System Requirements:
- Fix: Football Manager 2021 Crashing on PC
- 1. Run the Program as an administrator
- 2. Update Graphics Drivers
- 3. Update Windows
- 4. Close Background Running Tasks
- 5. Verify Game Files
- 6. Set High Priority in Task Manager
- 7. Reinstall DirectX (Latest)
- 8. Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program
- 9. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
- 10. Disable Steam Overlay
- 11. Adjust Discord Settings
- 12. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- 13. Change AMD Control Panel Settings
- 14. Remove Temporary Files
- 15. Set Default CPU and Graphics Speed
Why Football Manager 2021 Keeps Crashing?
- You’ll need to check whether your PC configuration is meeting the system requirements or not. If you’re not sure, you can check the system requirements below.
- Most probably a temporary system glitch or cache data is causing the issue.
- Somehow corrupted or missing game files can cause several issues like startup crashing.
- Make sure that your Windows OS build and the graphics driver is running on the latest version.
- If in case, your installed DirectX version is outdated, the game crashing will appear a lot.
- The chances are high that an older graphics card may not support the Direct3D Hardware Feature Level 11.0 GPU.
- Maybe the Football Manager 2021 game or the game client isn’t updated for a while.
- Sometimes background running tasks or programs can also eat up system resources like CPU/Memory usage that reduces performance.
- The Windows Security protection or Firewall or any third-party Antivirus program can easily prevent unauthorized game files to run properly.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 (SP1), 8/8.1, 10 (Update 1903/May 2019 or later) – 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon 64 – 1.8 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 7 GB available space
Fix: Football Manager 2021 Crashing on PC
As you’re aware of the possible reasons and which aspects you need to check, you can proceed below to follow workarounds one by one.
1. Run the Program as an administrator
Make sure to run the game and Steam (exe) file as an administrator on your Windows system to give proper access. To do so:
- Right-click on the game .exe file > Go to Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab > Select Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Make sure to do the same for the Steam (.exe) also.
- Once done, you should be able to run the Football Manager 2021 game properly.
2. Update Graphics Drivers
It’s always required to update graphics drivers on your Windows system to run all the programs smoothly. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change effects.
Alternatively, you can manually download the latest version of the graphics driver and install it directly from the official website respective to your graphics card manufacturer. Nvidia graphics card users can update the GeForce Experience app via the Nvidia official site. Meanwhile, AMD graphics card users can visit the AMD website for the same.
3. Update Windows
Updating Windows OS build is always essential for PC users as well as PC gamers to reduce system glitches, compatibility issues, and crashes. Meanwhile, the latest version mostly includes additional features, improvements, security patches, and more. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
4. Close Background Running Tasks
Unnecessary background running tasks or programs can eat up a lot of system resources like CPU or Memory usage that literally reduces system performance. Hence, the startup crashing, lagging, not loading issues appear quite often. Simply, close all the unnecessary background running tasks completely. To do this:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click to select tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it one by one.
- Once done, restart your system.
Now, you can check whether you’ve fixed the Football Manager 2021 Keeps Crashing on your PC or not. If not, follow the next method.
5. Verify Game Files
Verifying the game files will help to easily fix the corrupted or missing game files from the game launcher directly. To do that:
- Launch the Steam client > Go to Steam Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2021 > Click on Properties
- Click on the Local Files tab
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Wait for the process to complete and then restart your game
6. Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game priority in the higher segment via the Task Manager to tell your Windows system to run the game properly. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the game task.
- Select Set Priority to High.
- Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run the Football Manager 2021 game to check if it keeps crashing on PC or not.
7. Reinstall DirectX (Latest)
You should try reinstalling the latest version of DirectX from the official Microsoft website on your PC/Laptop. You just need to download and install the DirectX installer package and run it. Keep in mind that you’ll require DirectX 11 or above to run the Football Manager 2021 game properly.
8. Disable Windows Firewall or Antivirus Program
The chances are high enough that maybe your default Windows Defender Firewall protection or any third-party antivirus program is preventing the ongoing connections or game files to run properly. So, make sure to temporarily disable or turn off the real-time protection and firewall protection. Then you should try running the game to check if Football Manager 2021 Keeps Crashing on PC issue has been fixed or not. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Similarly, you have to turn off the Windows Security protection too. Just follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, you’ll need to simply turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
- Additionally, you can also turn off Cloud-delivered protection, Tamper protection if you want.
9. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Make sure to reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on your computer to fix multiple gaming issues or errors completely. To do that:
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard to open up the Start Menu.
- Type Apps & Features and click on it from the search result.
- Now, locate the Microsoft Visual C++ program(s) in the list.
- Select each program and click on Uninstall.
- Visit the official Microsoft website and download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- Once done, install it on your computer, and restart the system to change effects.
10. Disable Steam Overlay
- Open Steam on your Windows.
- Head over to the Settings > Click on the In-Game.
- Click on the checkbox to disable Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Once the checkbox mark is removed, click on OK.
11. Adjust Discord Settings
- Launch Discord > Click on User Settings.
- Select Voice & Video from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down a bit and click on the Advanced.
- Next, disable OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco System, Inc.
- Then disable Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority.
- Now, go to Overlay.
- You can also turn off the in-game overlay.
- Next, head over to Appearance.
- Go to Advanced.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration.
- Once done, restart the system.
12. Adjust Nvidia Control Panel Settings
- Click on Adjust image settings with preview under 3D settings.
- Select Use the advanced 3D image settings.
- Next, launch the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Click on Manage 3D settings> Go to Global Settings.
- Additionally, you can also adjust some of the other options:
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Enable Threaded Optimization
- Use Maximum Performance for Power Management
- Turn off Low Latency Mode
- Set Texture Filtering Quality to Performance mode
Once done, restart your computer and check whether the Football Manager 2021 crashing issue is resolved or not.
13. Change AMD Control Panel Settings
- Go to Global Graphics.
- Turn off Radeon Anti-Lag
- Turn off Radeon Boost
- Use Application settings for Anti-Aliasing Mode
- Set Anti-aliasing Methodto Multi-sampling
- Turn off Morphological Filtering
- Disable Image Sharpening
- Turn off Anisotropic Filtering
- Use Performance mode for Texture Filtering Quality
- You can also enable Surface Format Optimization
- AMD Optimization for the Tesselation Mode
- Wait for V-sync– Turn it off
- Use AMD optimization for the Shader Cache
- Disable OpenGL Triple Buffering
- Turn off Maximum Tesselation Level
- Set Graphics for the GPU Workload
- Turn off the Radeon Chill
- Disable Frame Rate Target Control
14. Remove Temporary Files
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the RUN program.
- Now, type %temp% and press enter.
- You will get a bunch of temporary files on a page.
- Select all files by pressing Ctrl + A on the keyboard.
Next, press Shift + Delete on the keyboard to remove all the files.
- Sometimes some of the temporary files can’t be deleted. So, leave them as it is and close it.
15. Set Default CPU and Graphics Speed
As most of the users always want to use ultra-high performance from the CPU and GPU from the very first day. So, most of the users either buy an overclocked version or manually increased the overclocking speed. So, if you’ve also overclocked your GPU speed and after doing that you’re experiencing bottleneck or lagging or crashing related issues, just set it to default mode.
You can also use the MSI Afterburner tool or Zotac firestorm application in order to lower the clocking speed. Once done, you can run the Football Manager 2021 game to check whether it’s crashing at startup or not.
That’s it. We hope this guide was useful to you. You can comment below for any queries.