Forspoken is an action role-playing game developed by Luminous Productions and published by Square Enix. It was released on January 24, 2023, on PlayStation 5 and PC. However, each game has its issues or flaws, and Forspoken is no exception because some players report crashing or not Loading on PS5.
If you’ve been facing the same issue for a while, don’t worry, as we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that may come in handy. Although these methods are common for most game crashes on PlayStation consoles, you should check them out. We can’t blame developers for such issues because the startup crashing or not launching issues may appear due to several other possible reasons that we’ve briefly mentioned below.
- Fix: Forspoken Crashing or Not Loading on PS5
- 1. Reboot the PS5 Console
- 2. Check your Internet Connection
- 3. Check the PSN Status
- 4. Power Cycle Wi-Fi Router
- 5. Check The Last of Us (Part 1) Update
- 6. Check PS5 Network Settings
- 7. Check PS5 System Update
- 8. Re-Login Your Account
- 9. Restore PlayStation Store Licenses
- 10. Clear Forspoken Game Data
- 11. Restore Default Settings
- 12. Rebuild Database (PS5)
- 13. Don’t Put in Rest Mode
- 14. Delete Forspoken Game
- 15. Open PSN Ports on Wi-Fi Router
- 16. Contact PlayStation Support
Fix: Forspoken Crashing or Not Loading on PS5
According to several reports on the PlayStation Now subreddit forum, multiple affected players claim that the Forspoken game won’t start for subscribers. Even after rebooting the game didn’t work. But some players found that disconnecting the PS5 console from the internet fixed the issue temporarily. So, we can expect that there may be a conflict with the ISP blocking is somehow troubling the crashing or not launching issue.
Luckily, we’ve provided you with a couple of possible workarounds that should come in handy. Make sure not to skip any method until the problem gets fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the PS5 Console
First of all, you should restart your PlayStation 5 console to ensure there is no issue with the temporary system glitch. Sometimes a normal system reboot on the console may come in handy a lot.
2. Check your Internet Connection
It’s also recommended to properly check your internet connection before going into any other method because a poor or unstable network can eventually trigger multiple issues with the game loading on the PS5 console. As we’ve already mentioned above, some players disconnected the console from the internet and temporarily fixed the game not launching issue. So, you should try switching to wireless or wired and vice versa to cross-check the issue.
Otherwise, try checking out the connection status at your end via the PS5 console. To do so: Go to Settings > Select Network > Choose Connection Status > Select Test Internet Connection. If in case, there is an issue with the internet connection, make sure to contact your internet service provider to get technical support.
3. Check the PSN Status
You should also check for the PSN (PlayStation Network) Status at your end to ensure there is no issue with the server connectivity. If in case, PSN service status isn’t running well, then make sure to wait for a couple of hours or so until all the services become operational for you. Check the official PSN Status here for the same and ensure no server downtime or outage is happening at that moment. If everything seems fine, follow next.
4. Power Cycle Wi-Fi Router
You should try performing the power cycle method on your Wi-Fi router to cross-check whether there is an issue with the temporary networking glitch or not. Sometimes issues with the Wi-Fi router or its firmware glitch may occur in multiple conflicts. Just Power Off the router and unplug the power adapter from the source. Wait for at least 5 minutes and then plug back the power adapter again. Power On the router & check for the issue again.
5. Check The Last of Us (Part 1) Update
An outdated game version can always trouble you more than anything else because it might have bugs or stability issues. So, checking for the latest update and installing the same to get stability, gaming performance, or new features is always recommended. To do so:
- Go to the game Library > Choose Forspoken game.
- Press the Options button > Select Check for Update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to install the update.
- Once done, reboot the console to apply changes.
6. Check PS5 Network Settings
Sometimes issues with the incorrect PS5 network settings might cause multiple conflicts whatsoever. You should check for the network settings on your console whether it’s set to Google DNS or not. If not, make sure to follow the steps below to input Google DNS for server reachability and faster access.
- Make sure the controller is connected to the console.
- Now, go to the Settings menu from your controller.
- Select Network > Choose Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select Wi-Fi or LAN Cable as per your active network.
- Next, choose Custom > Select Automatic for the IP Address Settings.
- Choose Do Not Specify for the DHCP Host Name.
- Select Manual for the DNS Settings > Enter 184.108.40.206 for the Primary DNS.
- Enter 220.127.116.11 for the Secondary DNS.
- Choose OK and select the next option > Do Not Use for the MTU Settings.
- Choose Next, and select Do Not Use for Proxy Server.
- Once done, reboot your console to apply changes immediately.
- Finally, you can try launching Forspoken to check for the issue.
7. Check PS5 System Update
You should also check for the PlayStation system update; if an update is available, make sure to install the same. An outdated system version can also trouble you greatly regarding system performance.
- Ensure that your console is connected to the internet.
- Go to Settings > Select System > Choose System Software.
- Select System Software Update and Settings.
- Choose Update System Software.
- If there is an update available, the console system will automatically install the latest version.
- Once done, your console system may reboot automatically to apply changes.
8. Re-Login Your Account
Try logging out of your PlayStation account and logging back into it to check whether there is an issue with your profile or not. To do so:
- Go to the Settings menu on your PS5.
- Select User Accounts > Select the Other option.
- Choose the Sign Out option > Once done, make sure to wait for at least 2 minutes.
- Then sign back into your Playstation Network account again.
9. Restore PlayStation Store Licenses
It’s also worth recommending restoring the PlayStation Store Licenses by following the steps below.
- Go to the Settings menu > Select Users and Accounts.
- Choose Other > Select Restore Licenses.
- Select Restore and wait until the process gets completed.
- Once done, try relaunching the game.
10. Clear Forspoken Game Data
The chances are high that deleting the installed game save data on the PlayStation 5 console might also resolve the issue. To do that:
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select Forspoken game > Tickmark the files that you want to delete or Select All.
- Choose Delete > Select OK to confirm it.
- Once done, reboot your PS5 console to apply changes.
11. Restore Default Settings
It’s also suggested to restore the default settings on the PS5 console by following the steps below so that you can understand whether the issue has been fixed or not. To do so:
- Power Off your PS5 console by pressing & holding the Power button for three seconds.
- Now, the power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold the Power button again.
- Release the button after you hear the second beep [one beep will sound when you first press and another one will beep seven seconds later].
- Make sure to connect the controller with the USB cable to the console.
- Press the PS button on the controller and select Restore Default Settings (option 4).
12. Rebuild Database (PS5)
Sometimes rebuilding the console database can also quickly fix the issue. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Switch Off your PS5 console > Unplug the power cable from the console.
- Make sure to wait for around 2-3 minutes > Plug in the power cable.
- Turn On the console and then Clear the Cached Data automatically.
Check whether the problem has been fixed or not. If not, you can follow the next steps below.
- Press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation 5 console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in the Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console.
- Press the PS Button on the controller > Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may also take some time depending on the hard drive data size. So, wait for it.
- Once done, just reboot the console.
13. Don’t Put in Rest Mode
The PS5 console system may default use the Rest Mode after the inactivity for some time to save power. It’s also considered the sleep mode. Make sure not to keep your PlayStation console in the rest mode because it may cause some issues with the game crashing or not launching. To do so:
- Go to the PS5 Settings menu > Open the Power Saving option.
- Select Set Time Until PS5 Enter Rest Mode.
- Set to Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to apply changes.
14. Delete Forspoken Game
Removing the installed game from your PS5 console and installing it again in the library is also recommended.
- Go to Settings > Select Storage > Choose Games and Apps.
- Select Delete Content > Select the data that you want to remove.
- Choose Delete.
You can also manage PS5 console storage if you link your PS5 console to the PlayStation App on your iOS or Android device. So, you’ll have to delete saved data from PS5 by following the steps below.
- Go to Settings > Select Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
- Select Saved Data (PS5)
- Select Console Storage > Choose to Delete.
- Now, tickmark the files that you want to remove.
- Select Delete.
15. Open PSN Ports on Wi-Fi Router
If, in case, your Wi-Fi router doesn’t allow the required PSN Ports, then make sure to set up open ports on your router. Just log into your router page via the browser and go to Port Forwarding and add these ports:
- TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
- UDP: 3478, 3479
16. Contact PlayStation Support
If none of the methods worked for you, then contact PlayStation Support for further assistance. You should create a support ticket for the same and provide the required information to investigate the problem properly.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.