Since last few years, Samsung devices have significantly enhanced their presence across the globe. In fact, Samsung has come out with some of the classic devices that have transformed the definition of smartphones. One example is S8 plus which is an amazing device. However, many users are reporting black screen and blue blinking light issue. Today we are going to help such users of Samsung Galaxy S8 users who are experiencing this issue. If you are also facing the same problem, read this post to get a permanent solution without doing much. In this method, we will troubleshoot to fix Galaxy S8 Plus black screen and blue blinking lights issue.
Basically, this problem is popular as “black screen of death” and several attempts have already been made to address it. Even Samsung is familiar with the same. In most of the cases, users have reported black screen with blue blinking lights and a few users have experienced only black screen. It actually seems more likely an issue related to the power. However, a few experts have called it a hardware issue while other has supported the fact that it’s a firmware problem. As of now, it cannot be perfectly said that what exactly is the reason for this problem but the fact is it has a solution. Thus you need not to worry about anything. Just follow the steps we have mentioned in this post and things will be back on track again.
We have posted some of the very useful information in this post related to troubleshooting Samsung Galaxy S8 plus that is currently experiencing this issue. The troubleshooting process is highlighted in the easy process to let you know exactly what you are doing with your device. The best thing is it simply let you pay attention to each possible cause of the problem one after one and at the end, you can probably find the answer to what exactly is responsible for this. Also, there are almost no chances of this issue to declare its presence again once it is addressed through this guide.
It is quite true that black screen or screen of death/blue blinking lights is not actually a common issue but has reported in a few devices only. In addition to Samsung Galaxy S8 plus, it has been seen in several other Android based smartphones. The reasons are many but the fact is that really doesn’t matter. Important is to address the issue rather than worrying about the cause of same.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to fix Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus black screen and blue blinking lights issue (screen of death on Galaxy S8 Plus)
- 1.1 Step 1. Perform forced reboot on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- 1.2 Step 2. Boot your phone into safe mode on Galaxy S8 Plus
- 1.3 Step 3. Clear app cache and data to fix Screen of death on Galaxy S8+
- 1.4 Step 3. Wipe Cache Partition and Data on your phone.
- 1.5 Step 4. Backup your files and data and then reset your Galaxy S8 Plus
Before going to start the troubleshooting process, you need to be careful of one thing and i.e. knowing whether there is another problem in your Samsung Galaxy S8 plus in addition to the one mentioned in this post. We suggest you fix all other problems in your device before beginning with our troubleshooting process. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to ensure its availability if thing went wrong.
Step 1. Perform forced reboot on Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
To fix the Galaxy S8 Plus black screen and blue blinking lights issue, you need to first perform a performed forced reboot on Galaxy S8 Plus. While it is not the charger, attempt to perform the forced reboot onto your own phone to eliminate the suspicion that it is not a glitch in the machine led to the issue. This is the equivalent of this battery-pull process in which, it refreshes the memory and also shuts most of the unused running apps in the background. Follow these steps:
- Press and hold down the volume and power keys together for 7 to 10 minutes.
- The device will then reboot.
This may solve all your problems regarding boot on your smartphone. In case if you still have the same problem then there may be some hardware problem.
Note: We will not be responsible for any problem occur on your android devices. Please move further at your own risk.
Step 2. Boot your phone into safe mode on Galaxy S8 Plus
There might be a chance that your phone will get into problems even though if it is an out of the box product. It might be due to Corrupt files, hardware or software issues. In such cases, you can boot into the safe mood to see if the problem still persist. In safe mode, your Galaxy S8 Plus will turn on by disabling all the third-party apps and thereby you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem on Galaxy S8 Plus.
If you do the below step on Galaxy S8 Plus, then there is a chance to fix the Galaxy S8 Plus black screen and blue blinking lights issue.
Steps to Restart your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus in Safe mode
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
- When “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
- Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
Turn off safe mode
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.
I hope this helped you to fix the Galaxy S8 Plus black screen and blue blinking lights issue. Well, Comment or send us an email for any kinda queries or doubts.
Step 3. Clear app cache and data to fix Screen of death on Galaxy S8+
Clearing cache or data from an app on Galaxy S8 Plus can fix some software problems. If you clear data, any data stored in that app is lost, such as settings, login information, and saved games. If you don’t want to clear the data, try just clearing cache first. If you still experience problems, then clear data too.
To clear the cache and data for an app on Galaxy S8 Plus, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap System settings.
- Tap Manage apps.
- If necessary, touch the screen and slide left to view the ‘ALL’ screen.
- Navigate to and select the application you want to clear.
- Tap Clear data.
- Tap Clear cache.
If the problem has solved then you don’t have to follow the below steps.
Step 3. Wipe Cache Partition and Data on your phone.
If the above method doesn’t solve the problem related to black screen and blue blinking lights issue, then you can simply follow the below troubleshooting method to fix the Galaxy S8 Plus black screen and blue blinking lights issue.
Steps to wipe the cache partition Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Press and then hold the House and Volume UP keys, then press and hold the Power key.
- Whenever the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus shows on display, release the Power key but continue holding the House and Volume keys up.
- As soon as the Android logo reveals, you might release both keys and leave the phone be around for approximately 30 to 60 minutes.
- Using the Volume Down key, navigate through the options and then highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
- Once highlighted, you might press the Power key to choose it.
- Next, highlight the option ‘Yes’ using the Volume Down key and press the Power button to choose this option.
- You have to wait until your phone is finished doing the Master Reset process. Once done, highlight ‘reboot system’ and press the Power key.
- The phone will now reboot more than normal.
But once you wipe the cache partition Galaxy S8 Plus and the phone is still showing black screen and blue blinking lights issue, then follow the below last method which may fix your problem. In case if not, then you need to contact the service center to fix this problem as it might be a hardware issue.
Step 4. Backup your files and data and then reset your Galaxy S8 Plus
If none of the above methods fix your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus black screen and blue blinking lights issue, then follow this data backup to reset your phone. This method will erase all your data. So take a complete backup by following this method.
- Back up all data on the internal memory to your PC/Laptop.
- Turn off your Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Now Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down keys simultaneously.
- You can now press the Power key only until the phone vibrates once, then release only the Power key.
- Continue to hold the Volume up and Volume Down keys until you see the System Recovery screen appears.
- You can now navigate using Volume UP and Down button
- Now Press the Volume Down key to highlight wipe data/factory reset.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight Yes – Delete all user data.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Power key to reboot.
That’s it! Now your device will reboot and clean up your device. Once it has formatted your data and software, your phone OS will look like a complete OUT OF THE BOX experience. This troubleshooting step will fix the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus screen of death issue (SOD).
If it still shows the black screen and blue blinking lights issue on Galaxy S8 Plus then, there is a big chance that a hardware problem triggered it. In this instance, you do not have a choice except to bring your phone to the closest store so that the technician can assess it. And since, this is not covered by warranty. Therefore, you will be the one to cover and purchase the components required for your Galaxy S8 Plus.
Check Related Post:
- How to Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S8 in Safe mode
- How to Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- How to Enable Developer Options in your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Official Android 8.0 Oreo Update