Garry’s Mod is a sandbox game that lets users develop their own game, levels, modes, etc in order to play. The game has been developed by Facepunch Studios and published by Valve Corporation in 2004. It’s available for Microsoft Windows, Macintosh OS, and Linux platforms. Meanwhile, some of the Garry’s Mod PC users are facing a couple of issues and BASS.dll Missing error is one of them. If you’re also facing the same issue, then check how to fix Garry’s Mod BASS.dll Missing issue by following the troubleshooting guide below.
To be precise, PC users are reporting that the Garry’s Mod game is literally showing the same error while trying to launch the game. It shows “System Error. This application failed to start because bass.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.” So, the Steam client users are claiming that the “steam\steamapps\downloading\4000\bin\bass.dll” file is missing from the directory. If you’re also experiencing the same issue, then check the possible solutions below.
How to Fix Garry’s Mod BASS.dll Missing
- First of all, make sure that Garry’s Mod is updated to its latest version.
- Next, check for the Windows updates from the Start menu > Settings icon > Update & Security > Check for updates. If available, download and install it. This may fix the issue.
- Additionally, you can close all the background running processes from the Task Manager who are taking too much memory or CPU usage or not so necessary.
- Verify the game files from Steam > Library > Right-click on Garry’s Mod > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of game files.
- If in case, the game files verification shows an error and gives you the corrupted file path, just go to the path and delete the BASS.dll file. Verify the game files again and the missing file will be downloaded automatically.
- There may be possibilities that you’ve deleted the BASS.dll file yourself by mistake. If yes, then go to the Recycle Bin and restore the deleted file again.
- Alternatively, you can download the BASS Audio Library in order to replace the BASS.dll file on your PC.
- Check for the Windows Defender or any other antivirus program whether the system protection is causing this issue or not. If yes and the BASS.dll file has been deleted or archived then restore it back by giving the access.
- You should update the GPU card driver version on your PC in order to run the game properly.
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve found this troubleshooting guide pretty helpful. For more queries, you can comment below.