In this mini-guide, we will learn How to Fix Google Play Services Error On CM 14.1 / CM 14. Many users who have flashed the CynogenMod would have also flashed GApps on their CynogenMod Roms, but many users are facing Google Play Services error on their Custom ROM. This error is not caused due to incorrect package, people were facing the issue due to not installing the correct version.
This Google Play Services error is caused due to and missing or incorrect WebView application, which is supposed to be pre-installed on CynogenMod ROM. To overcome this problem, Just follow the simple guide below to Fix Google Play Services Error on CM ROMS.
- This guide is only for devices with unlocked bootloaders, TWRP recovery and with a custom ROM like CynogenMod installed
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- You will not lose any kind of data but still, we recommend to take Backup before proceeding further
Step by Step Guide To Fix Google Play Services Error:
- Boot your device into Recovery Mode (To do that First turn your phone off, Now press and hold volume down + power button until you see the stock recovery.)
- Clean Install your Custom ROM (CM/AOSP) once again. (Make sure that you do not flash GApps now)
- Reboot your device in normal mode without installing GApps and Skip setup of Logging into your Google Account.
- Now Go to Settings –> Developer Options, Look for an option called WebView Implementation. Then from the list select Google WebView.
- In case you do not have WebView installed on your Device, then install it manually from this Link, and implement the Step 3.
- Now, Reboot your device into Recovery mode and Flash GApps now.
We hope this guide was helpful to you, If you are facing any problems let us know in the comment section below.