With technology advancement, some of the common issues also arrive on our smartphones quite often. Sometimes an issue may arise where the smartphone user can’t see the screen at all. According to many users on the OnePlus forum, the OnePlus Nord 2 5G screen automatically goes black, and the device doesn’t respond. This might be due to hardware or software failure. You can fix this issue by performing a hard reset or booting into safe mode.
OnePlus launched their new device called OnePlus Nord 2 5G which is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1200-AI SoC. The device features a triple rear camera setup at the back with a 50-MP (f/1.88, 1.0-micron) + 8-MP (f/2.25) + 2-MP (f/2.5). Therefore, after buying this device, if you are facing the OnePlus Nord 2 5G won’t turn on or boot loop issue. If yes, then this guide is for you. In this tutorial, we will help you to fix the OnePlus Nord 2 5G that won’t turn on the issue.
This is quite unusual for a smartphone and even for a flagship-grade premium smartphone. Sometimes, any system file or software crashes or conflict with any third-party apps. That may cause the device unresponsive. First of all, we eagerly wait for system updates, and once the update is available, we jump into it. That’s a bad idea to keep your device up-to-date. You should wait for the stable updates and check out the update changelog as well.
Steps to fix a OnePlus Nord 2 5G won’t turn on the issue.
Some other issues may cause the ‘screen won’t turn on the issue’ on your device. That may also happen due to the device bootloader failure. But don’t worry about it. OnePlus forum and support team is quite active, and you will get service center support as well if required. That doesn’t mean the OnePlus Nord 2 5G or any other OnePlus devices are not good. Probably, OnePlus devices are the best flagship killer devices in terms of specifications and price tag.
There are a few ways to fix the issue on your device, which are mentioned below:
Boot into Safe mode:
If you have installed any virus or malware-infected third-party app, it can mess with the display drivers in your smartphone. This can happen at any time and can be easily fixed via booting into the safe mode. After rebooting into the safe mode, your device screen will turn on again. Here are the steps:
- Long press the power key button on your device.
- You will see a message “Reboot to safe mode” option. Confirm it by tapping on the Ok button.
- Now, let the device reboot itself in safe mode. You will see a safe mode symbol at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After you have successfully rebooted into safe mode, delete the infected app or file causing this issue.
Clear Cache and Data on your OnePlus Phone
Sometimes this issue can arise due to a misconfiguration on your device by a third-party app. There may be some cache issues as well, which can be fixed easily.
- Turn off your OnePlus Nord 2 5G by pressing the power button and selecting shut down.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneously until the Android logo appears.
- Use the volume buttons to scroll down to navigate to the ‘Wipe Cache Partition. [This won’t delete your data]
- Use the power button to select the wipe cache partition and confirm.
- Scroll to reboot the system and press the power button again to confirm.
- Now, wait for a few seconds to reboot your device normally.
If any of the mentioned steps aren’t working for you, try force reboot for once.
- To perform a Force Reboot, press and hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Once the logo lights up the screen, and the phone vibrates, release your fingers.
- Now, wait for the device to boot into the system normally.
Phone Reboot While Charging
Sometimes, we can’t notice or understand the actual issue, whether minor or major. If your device screen doesn’t turn on usually, try to charge your phone.
- Plugin your device charger and wait for at least 15-20 minutes to charge the device.
- Then don’t unplug the charger. Leave it and press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
- Your device will boot up again, and all will be fine.
Factory Reset your Device
Suppose the above-mentioned ways do not apply to your device. Please note that the factory reset of your device will bring it back to the factory state and delete all the internal data and settings. So, take a complete backup of your device at first and then try the fix.
- Go to the device Settings menu > navigate to the Backup & Reset option.
- Tap on the Factory data reset option and tap on Reset Phone to confirm.
- Now, wait for the complete factory reset process.
- Your device will boot into the system again like a new one.
Otherwise, you should consider checking your device with the service center. There may be some major issue with your display or other hardware.
I hope this guide will help you whenever it is needed. Make sure to check your device battery as well. Feel free to comment down below.