Ruined King: A League of Legends Story is a story-driven, turn-based combat single-player RPG (role-playing game) that has been developed by Airship Syndicate and published by Riot Forge in November 2021. It has already received thousands of positive reviews on Steam as of now apart from a couple of bugs or issues that needs to be fixed via the patch release. Meanwhile, some players are reporting about the Ruined King Controller Not Working Issue.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide completely. Here we’ve provided you with a couple of possible workarounds that should help you out of it. According to several reports on the RuinedKing subreddit forum, plenty of players are having the particular issue where their Xbox controller suddenly stopped working or can’t register inputs only in the Ruined King game whatsoever.
Fix: Ruined King Controller Not Working Issue
It seems that the mentioned solutions or workarounds may not work for everyone but you should try them one by one until the problem gets fixed. If the controller is still in the same condition for the Ruined King game then you’ll have to wait for the patch update.
1. Unplug the Controller from USB Port
Some affected players have mentioned that the following steps worked for them.
- Unplug the controller from the USB port and shut down the PC.
- Boot it up again and launch the Ruined King game.
- Finally, plug the controller in while you’re inside the game. It’ll basically fix the issue.
Note: DO NOT REBOOT the PC because it won’t gonna work in this scenario.
2. Delete the Controller Bindings.xml file
Some players have mentioned that after removing the controller bindings.xml file on the installed game directory done the job. So, you can try it out.
- Go to File Explorer on the PC > Head over to the installed game directory if you’ve installed the Ruined King game on another location.
- Mostly the default directory should be C:\AppData\LocalLow\Airship Syndicate\Ruined King\Steam Id number.
- Here you’ll need to delete the controller bindings.xml file.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
3. Verify Integrity of Game Files
If in case, you’re having issues with the corrupted or missing game files on your computer then make sure to verify the integrity of game files to resolve multiple issues with the game launching, crashing, lags, stuck at the downloading process, and more. To do so:
- Open the Steam client on your computer.
- Now, go to the game Library > Here you’ll find out Ruined King in the left pane.
- Right-click on Ruined King > Click on Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab > Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- It may take some time to complete the process.
- Once done, make sure to completely restart your PC to change effects immediately.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.