Splitgate is a free-to-play multiplayer first-person shooter PvP video game that has been developed and published by 1047 Games. Although the game was released a couple of years ago in early access, it’s now available officially for the public. It has received a lot of positive reviews on Steam for the PC version and offers stunning graphics. But some players are getting the Splitgate Crashing or Not Launching issue on their PC.
If you’re also facing the same issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide completely. There is nothing new to say when it comes to the startup crashing or not launching issues with the PC games. Sometimes issues with the PC configuration or some other files can cause several problems whatsoever. Here we’ve shared a couple of possible solutions for you that should help you to fix this issue.
- Why Splitgate Keeps Crashing?
- Fix: Splitgate Crashing or Not Launching on PC
- 1. Check System Requirements
- 2. Run the game as an Administrator
- 3. Update Windows
- 4. Update GPU Drivers
- 5. Verify Integrity of Game Files
- 6. Launch Splitgate in Windowed Mode
- 7. Disable Steam Overlay and Xbox Game Bar
- 8. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
- 9. Perform a Clean Boot
- 10. Close Background Processes
- 11. Reinstall Splitgate
Why Splitgate Keeps Crashing?
Talking about the startup crashing issue on the PC, there are plenty of reasons that can play a major role the specific PC users. It may be due to the outdated game patch version, outdated graphics drivers, outdated Windows build, missing or corrupted game files, background running apps, running the game without admin access, and more.
Whereas it may also be possible that your PC configuration doesn’t meet the system requirements of the game. Meanwhile, some aggressive antivirus or firewall programs can also prevent game files to run properly which may lead to crashes or not even launching the game. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
Fix: Splitgate Crashing or Not Launching on PC
You can start by checking the system requirements of this game before jumping into any other solutions.
1. Check System Requirements
Checking the system requirements of the game is really crucial if in case you’re not sure whether your computer is compatible with the game or not. Most of the lower-end PC users should check it out.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Processor: Any dual-core CPU
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 1GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 15 GB available space
2. Run the game as an Administrator
Sometimes running the game file as an administrator may help you to easily fix the startup crashing issue on the PC. If you’re not running the game file with the admin privilege then make sure to do it first. To do so:
- Right-click on the Splitgate exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Run this program as an administrator checkbox by clicking on it.
- Finally, click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
It’s also worth mentioning to run the Steam launcher using the admin access if you’re playing the game via Steam.
3. Update Windows
It seems that you haven’t updated your Windows OS build for a while. If it’s true then make sure to check for the latest patch update and install it right away. Sometimes a buggy or older build version can cause several issues with the system performance and programs.
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security from the left pane.
- Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If an update is available, then simply click on Download and install.
- You may have to wait for some time to install the update completely. It may restart the system multiple times.
- Once done, run the game again to check for the issue.
4. Update GPU Drivers
Even an outdated or corrupted graphics card driver can cause several issues with the program or system performance. We’ll recommend you to check for GPU driver updates.
- Press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re currently using.
- Choose to Update driver > Click on Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download & install the latest version.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes.
5. Verify Integrity of Game Files
It may also be possible that your installed game files become corrupted or missing due to some unexpected reasons. If that’s the reason and you’re also feeling the same then make sure to verify and repair game files on your PC using the Steam client.
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Click on Library > Right-click on Splitgate from the installed games list.
- Go to Properties > Select Local Files.
- Here you’ll have to click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Just wait for the process to be completed.
- Once done, restart your PC, and try launching the Splitgate game again.
6. Launch Splitgate in Windowed Mode
Make sure to launch the Splitgate game on the Steam client using the windowed display mode. Sometimes a borderless or fullscreen mode can cause several issues with the game launching or graphics performance that may end up with crashing or black screen or stutters, etc.
- Open the Steam client and go to Library.
- Right-click on Splitgate > Select Properties.
- In the General section, click on Set Launch Options.
- Next, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Make sure to save changes and try running the game again to check if Splitgate Crashing or not.
7. Disable Steam Overlay and Xbox Game Bar
It’s always recommended to disable Steam overlay and Xbox Game Bar overlay on your computer before running games because these overlay apps can easily ruin system performance or consume a lot of system resources.
Disable Steam Overlay:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Now, right-click on Splitgate > Select Properties.
- Head over to the General section > Here just uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay checkbox.
- Go back to Library > Re-open the to check for the crashing issue.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press the Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming from the left pane > Click on Xbox Game Bar.
- Here make sure to turn off the toggle.
- Now, go back to the previous page and turn on the Game Mode toggle to optimize gaming.
8. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
Sometimes disabling the antivirus and firewall program can also help you to easily resolve the startup crashing issue with your games.
- Click on the Start menu > Type Control Panel and click on it.
- Now, type firewall in the search box > Click on Windows Firewall.
- From the left pane, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Make sure to select Turn off Windows Firewall for the Private, Domain, and Public Network Settings.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes, and try checking the issue.
Now, you’ll have to disable the anti-virus protection (Windows Defender) as well by following the steps below:
- Head over to the Windows Settings > Privacy and Security.
- Now, go to Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Manage settings >Then turn off the Real-time Protection option.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
If in case, you’re using any third-party antivirus program then make sure to turn it off manually.
9. Perform a Clean Boot
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, click on the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- Under the Startup tab from the Task Manager interface, click on the particular tasks which are enabled for startup boot > Click on Disable.
- Make sure to select the high-impact startup programs and disable them one by one.
- Once all is done, restart your PC to apply changes.
10. Close Background Processes
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, just restart your computer to change effects immediately.
11. Reinstall Splitgate
If none of the methods worked for you then try reinstalling the Splitgate game to check if that helps you to fix the crashing issue or not. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Now, go to Library > Right-click on the Splitgate game.
- Head over to Manage > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes immediately.
- Open the Steam client again and install the game again using the existing Steam account.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. For further queries, you can comment below.