There have been reports about Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem constantly crashing in between while playing the game.
If you are one of those players who is experiencing this issue, you need not worry.
We have put together a fresh guide to help you fix the constantly crashing issue in Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Fix Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Crashing Constantly?
- 1.1 Make sure that your computer meets the Game’s Minimum System Requirements
- 1.2 Run Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem with administrative privileges
- 1.3 Proceed to verify the integrity of your game’s files
- 1.4 Try updating your Graphics Card Driver
- 1.5 Check if your Antivirus software is blocking Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
- 2 Try to run the game on your dedicated graphics card
How to Fix Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Crashing Constantly?
Now we will discuss all the fixes that will help you solve the issue of Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem constantly crashing. Fixes provided below are quite simple and hence can be easily done by anyone. Although it is recommended to follow each fix, in case a fix didn’t work, you can go on for the next fix as well. Now that being said let’s get started.
Make sure that your computer meets the Game’s Minimum System Requirements
As you must know already, every PC game has a certain minimum and recommended system requirements. Failure to meet these can result in problems like crashing and various other issues. And it is important to keep in mind that Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem requires higher system specs than the average game out there. In order to play the game without facing problems, you need to make sure that your PC’s specs match or exceed the given requirements.
Minimum System Requirements:
- CPU – Intel Core i5-4570T 2.9 GHz; AMD FX-6100 3.3 GHz
- DirectX – Version 11
- Graphics Card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, AMD Radeon HD 6850
- Operating System – Windows 7 SSP, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit Operating System)
- Storage – 18 GB available disk space
- System Memory (RAM) – 8 GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU – Intel Core i7-4770S 3.1 GHz; AMD FX-8320 3.5 GHz
- DirectX – Version 11
- Graphics Card – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060; AMD Radeon RX 570
- Operating System – Windows 7 SSP, Windows 8.1, Windows 10. The game requires a 64-bit operating system.
- Storage – 18 GB available disk space
- System Memory (RAM) – 16 GB
You will be able to check your PC’s specifications by following the steps given below:
- Bring up the File Explorer window by clicking on the folder icon in your taskbar, or right-clicking the Start button and then selecting it from the Quick Access menu.
- On the left-hand side, right-click “This PC” and choose “Properties” in the subsequent menu.
- You will now be able to see your computer’s specs in the System window that opens up.
You can see the specifications of your graphics card by following the instructions listed below:
- Press the Windows key + E to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type in dxdiag in the text field and hit Enter.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will come up now. Go to the Display tab in there.
You should be able to see the specifications of your graphics card in this tab.
Run Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem with administrative privileges
It is necessary to grant administrative privileges while running most games. Failure to do so can lead to certain system resources being blocked, leading to technical issues. Before running Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem, ensure that it has been granted administrative privileges. For that, simply follow the instructions given below:
- Bring up the File Explorer window, and then click on “This PC” on the left side.
- Go over to the right side and select the drive where your Windows has been installed (generally Local Disk C:)
- Navigate to Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> Steamapps -> Common.
- Now find the Folder where Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem has been installed, and enter it.
If you are unable to find the game’s installation folder using this method, it has likely been installed in another directory. You can locate it using the instructions given below.
- Open up the Steam client, and then click on “Library” right at the top of the window.
- In the list of games that appears, find Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem. Right-click it and choose “Properties.”
- In the Properties interface on the right side, select “Local Files.”
- Choose “Browse Local Files” in there, and you will be taken to the game’s installation folder.
- Right-click on the game’s .exe file and select “Properties.”
- Go to the Compatibility tab and tick the box next to “Run this program as an administrator.” Click on the OK button.
- Try to run Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and see if the issue has been fixed.
Proceed to verify the integrity of your game’s files
Technical problems can arise due to any of the game’s files becoming corrupt. This could happen because of unexpected crashes, faulty installation or updates, viruses, or even interruptions by your antivirus software. To fix this, you must replace the corrupted game files with proper ones. Fortunately, you are not required to do this manually. You can do it using the Steam client, via the steps given below:
- Open up the Steam client and select “Library” on the upper part of the window.
- In the list of games that appears, right-click on Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and choose “Properties” in the menu that opens up.
- Go over to the Properties section on the right side and select “Local Files.”
- Select the “Verify integrity of game files” button over there.
- Wait patiently for the verification process to be completed. You will be notified when it is.
- Reboot the Steam client and try to run Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem. See if the issue has been rectified.
Try updating your Graphics Card Driver
The graphics adapter is an extremely important component for the proper functioning of a game. If there is any issue with the driver software, your game will be affected as well. You must also make sure that your driver is up to date. If you have to update it, begin by uninstalling the present version of the driver you have. You can do that by following the steps given below:
- Bring up the Search window by pressing the Windows key + S.
- Type in device manager in the text field, and then click on the Device Manager in the list of results.
- Find the Display Adapters menu and proceed to expand it.
- Right-click on your graphics card in the list, and select “Uninstall Device” in the menu that shows up.
- In the confirmation window, tick the box that makes the tool remove the driver software and then click the “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the removal to be executed. Proceed to reboot your computer after that.
Apart from this method, you can also use software like the AMD Cleanup tool and the Display Driver Uninstaller to remove your graphics card. Anyway, after you have successfully done that, you can install the latest version of the driver via the steps given below:
By using Windows Update
This method has the added advantage of installing the precisely correct and compatible driver for your computer. You can do this by following the steps given below:
- Press the Windows key + I to bring up the Settings window.
- Go to the bottom of this window and click on “Update and Security.”
- Click on the “Check for Updates” button in the Windows Update tab.
- Wait for the Windows Update utility to check for updates. If your system is up to date, you can move onto the next part of the guide.
- If there are any available updates, the utility will download them automatically. Reboot your PC to install them.
- Launch Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and see if the issue has been fixed.
By using the Device Manager
- Bring up the Search bar by pressing the Windows key + S.
- Type in device manager in the text field and click on the Device Manager when it turns up in the results.
- Find the Display Adapters menu and click to expand it.
- Right-click your graphics card in there and click on “Update Driver.”
- Under “How do you want to search for drivers,” select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Wait for the tool to locate, download, and install your latest video card driver.
- Reboot your PC and check if the issue has been fixed.
Check if your Antivirus software is blocking Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
Some games like Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem consume a heavy amount of resources, and this can make them appear like potential threats to antivirus software. This can lead to the latter, blocking them, thus leading to issues like crashings. Instead of disabling the antivirus software and leaving your system vulnerable, we recommend adding the installation folder of Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem as an exception in the software (the SafeList or Whitelist in some cases).
In the case of the inbuilt Windows Security app, you can follow the steps given below:
- Bring up the Settings window by pressing the Windows key + I.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Update and Security.
- Select “Windows Security” on the left side of the window.
- You should see a number of options under “Protection Areas.” Select “Virus and Threat Protection” in there.
- Go down to “Virus and Threat Protection Settings” and click on “Manage Settings.”
- Move down to the Exclusions area and select “Add or remove exclusions.”
- Select “Add an exclusion” and select Folder in the menu that comes up.
- In the “Select Folder” window, go to the installation folder of Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and press the Select Folder button.
- Now that the game has been added as an exclusion launch it and see if the issue has been resolved.
Try to run the game on your dedicated graphics card
This issue can also be faced if you are using more than one graphics card. In that case, your system is probably forcing Wolcen to run on the integrated video adapter, usually in order to conserve power. You can rectify this by pinning Wolcen to the dedicated graphics adapter. For that, you simply need to follow the steps given below.
If you are an AMD user –
- Press the Windows key + S and type in AMD in the search bar. Click on AMD Radeon in the list of results.
- Click on “System” on the top right of the window.
- Select “Switchable Graphics” on the top left of the next window.
- In the Running Applications window that turns up, find Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and change the Switchable Graphics Mode to “High Performance.”
- In case the game does not appear in the Running Applications window, click on “Running Applications” in the top left corner and select Browse. Now go to the game’s installation folder and select its .exe file. Change the Switchable Graphics Mode to “High Performance” now.
If you are an NVIDIA card user
- On the right end of the taskbar, click the “Show hidden icons” arrow to expand the system tray, and then click the NVIDIA icon and select the NVIDIA control panel.
- In the left pane of the window, click the + sign next to the 3D Settings dropdown, and select “Manage 3D Settings”.
- On the right side of the window, under the “Global Settings” tab, select “High-performance NVIDIA processor” under Preferred Graphics Processor.
- In the Program Settings tab, press the Add button on the side of the “Select a Program to Customize” dropdown.
- Navigate to your game’s installation folder in the new window, and double click its .exe file.
- Navigate to “Select the preferred graphics processor for this program” dropdown menu and select “High-performance NVIDIA processor.”
- Press the Apply button and open up Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem to see if the issue has been resolved.
By using the Settings app
- Press the Windows key + I to bring up the Settings window.
- Select the System label and go down to the lower portion of the Display tab. Select the Graphics Settings option.
- Press the Browse button in the “Choose an app to set the preference” dropdown menu.
- Go to the installation folder of Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and select the game’s .exe file. Press the “Add” button.
- At the Graphics Settings screen, select Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem and press the “Options” button.
- Press the radio button for High Performance, and select “Save.”
The game will now have to run on your dedicated display card when you open it.
That is it for now. We hope our guide helps you rectify the constantly crashing problem in Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem. If you liked this, don’t omit to check our other Windows Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media, iPhone Guides, and Android Guides to read more. If you have any doubts or feedback, comment down with your name along with the email ID, and we will reply shortly. Also, subscribe to our YouTube Channel to win our $150 giveaway contest. Happy Gaming.