Microsoft Windows comes with an application called ‘Your Phone’ by default which allows Windows users to easily connect their mobile devices with the computer. So, the Your Phone app users can get access to recent mobile photos, manage mobile notifications, checking or replying to conversations, making & receiving calls directly from the PC/Laptop without a second thought. But somehow if your PC gets slow and the YourPhone.exe task is consuming the high CPU usage in the Task Manager, then don’t worry. Here in this troubleshooting guide, we’ll share with you easy steps to fix it.
It’s needless to say that whenever any specific or a couple of programs/tasks starts consuming higher CPU or Memory usage (system resources) in the background, the Windows system as well as other programs also starts lagging or stuttering, or even crashing in some cases. Some of the users may think that YourPhone.exe is some kind of malware or virus but that’s not the case. If you’re already using the Your Phone app on the PC/Laptop and unnecessarily the task is consuming a lot of system resources that you don’t want to consider by any means.
How to Fix YourPhone.exe High CPU Usage
You can disable the Your Phone app background running application access from the Windows Settings menu that should help you a lot.
1. Disable Background Apps
- Press the Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Privacy > Scroll down a bit in the left pane and select Background app.
- Scroll down and look for Your Phone app from the list in the right pane.
- Turn Off the toggle to disable it running in the background.
- Restart your computer to check if the problem has been fixed or not.
2. Uninstall Your Phone Application
If the above method doesn’t help you to reduce the CPU usage of the YourPhone.exe task then make sure to remove or uninstall the Your Phone application from Windows by using the command prompt (PowerShell) method. It’s required because you can’t normally delete the preinstalled app from your Windows.
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Select Windows PowerShell (Admin) > If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.
- Now, copy and paste the following command then hit Enter to execute:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
- You’re done. This will delete the Your Phone app from your PC/Laptop.
Now, you won’t see any kind of Your Phone related background running tasks on the Task Manager, and the system resources will also be used minimum than before.
However, if you want to get back Your Phone application then you can reinstall it from the Microsoft Store app easily. To do this:
- Just open the Microsoft Store > Search for Your Phone.
- Click on Get to install it for free.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below.