In this guide, we will show you how to flash the stock firmware onto ZTE Blade L210. This budget offering from ZTE is surely going to give a tough competition to other players in this highly competitive segment. Considering the price point to which it belongs, it manages to hold quite a decent specs sheet. The underlying Spreadtrum chipset coupled with 1GB RAM and quad-core processor should be sufficient for the light to normal daily usage.
Then the 8MP rear camera and a 5MP selfie camera plus Android 10 out of the box would be well received by the users. Along the same lines, we might expect a decent level of support from the custom development as well. But if you do step into this domain, then there is always a risk of things going south. However, even if that happens, then is a handy way out. You could easily flash the stock firmware onto ZTE Blade L210 and make your device up and running again. Given here are all the required instructions for the same.
The Need to Flash Stock Firmware on ZTE Blade L210
One common query that would come to your mind is why to manually flash the firmware when the device would be getting the OTA updates. Well, this is quite a valid concern from your end. So here’s the thing. The OEM usually releases the updates in batches. In other words, this is a staged rollout where not everyone gets the update at one go. But if you have got hold of the update package, then you could easily cut this wait time and manually flash the stock firmware right away.
Then if you are among the tech enthusiasts, you might consider going for device modifications. These would include the likes of unlocking bootloader, flashing custom recoveries, or rooting it via Magisk. While on one side all these would end up adding new features to your device. However, on the other hand, a slight mistake would end up your device in a bootloop or soft-brick state. But even then you could bring back your device from dead by flashing the stock firmware onto your ZTE Blade L210 device. And in this guide, we will help you with just that.
How to Flash Stock Firmware on ZTE Blade L210
There are two different methods of flashing the firmware. The first one is the Normal Upgrade whereas the second method is the Forced Upgrade. So which method should you go for? Well, if your device is up and running, then directly go for the Normal Upgrade.
On the other hand, if your device is unable to boot or you cannot access the Standby Mode, then go for Forced Upgrade. We have mentioned both these methods below. But before that, there are a few requirements that your device needs to qualify. Make sure to checkmark all these requirements and only then proceed with the installation steps to flash the stock firmware onto your ZTE Blade L210 device.
- First and foremost, take a backup of all the data on your device.
- Along the same lines, make sure to keep your device sufficiently charged so that it doesn’t turn off mid-way during the flashing process.
- You will also need to have at least 2GB of free space on your Internal Memory.
Download Stock Firmware
Now download the stock firmware for your device. Make sure that that the file is named update.zip. In some instances, you might get this upgrade package inside another folder. So you need to extract that folder and then get hold of the update.zip file. Once you get this file, transfer it to the root of the internal storage. In other words, transfer it to your phone memory, but not inside any folder.
- Download Link:
Method 1: Normal Upgrade
As already mentioned, this method is only applicable if you are able to access your device. Furthermore, make sure that you have moved the update.zip file to the root folder. When that’s done, proceed with the below instructions to flash the stock firmware onto your ZTE Blade L210 device:
- Start off by going to the Settings page of your device.
- Then scroll to the System option and tap on System Update.
- Select the System update option and then tap on Update.
- The upgrade process will now begin and could take a couple of minutes.
- Once done, your device will automatically reboot to the newly installed firmware.
Method 2: Forced Upgrade
If the device isn’t able to boot up correctly or if it isn’t able to access the standby state, then then the Force Upgrade should be your go-to choice. Here is how to flash the stock firmware onto your ZTE Blade L210 when the device is in such a state.
- First and foremost, power off your device.
- Then press and hold the Power and Volume Up keys together until your device boots up to the Android Recovery mode.
- Now use the Volume Down key to highlight the Apply update from the SD card option
- Then hit the Power key to confirm this decision. You will be taken to the root directory of your phone.
- Use the Volume Down key to select the update.zip file and then press the Power Key to confirm the flashing of this file.
- The upgrade process will now start and could take around 5-10 minutes.
- Once the flashing is complete, you will get the message “Install from SD card complete”.
- Select the “Reboot system now” option via Volume Key and press the power key to confirm it. That’s it. Your device will now boot to the upgraded firmware.
So with this, we conclude the guide on how to flash the stock firmware onto ZTE Blade L210. We have shared both the methods to carry out the flashing part. With that said, if you have any queries with regards to any of these methods, let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention as well.