Flash Treble Supported Custom ROM on Nokia device: If you haven’t heard of project treble then you might be living under a rock for quite a time. Project treble is supposed to help major Android updates to roll out in various devices. Also, it helps to port AOSP based ROMs on non AOSP devices such as Nokia smartphones. It brings the ability to boot a generic AOSP generic system Image (GSI) on Treble supported devices.
SInce Treble is quite new to users and the process to Flash Treble Supported Custom ROM on Nokia device is quite complicated. So we have a detailed guide on How To Flash Treble Supported Custom ROM on Nokia device just for your convenience. So buckle up your belts and keep reading.
[su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]To find whether your device supported by Treble, we have written a guide to Check If Your Smartphone Supports Project Treble[/su_note]
How to Flash Treble Supported Custom ROM on Nokia device?
Before proceeding further into this article make sure you know what you’re doing. We will not be responsible for any damage that you bear for your device after reading this article. This is just for education purpose and we do not encourage users to try this until and unless they know what they are doing.
Also, you need to make sure that your device is listed as Treble compatible by your manufacturer. After you confirm that, you will be ready to flash a CGI file to your Nokia device.
Note: You need to factory reset your device before flashing the GSI file. We also recommend you take a full backup of you’re device data, just in case if things go wrong!
Requirements to flash Flash Treble Supported Custom ROM
- Your device must have an unlockable Bootloader
- Your device should be compatible with Project Treble. This has the following criteria which we are going to discuss below.
- Device should be free from any kind of heady modifications of scripts. These include Xposed Framework, SuperSu, Magisk, Greenify etc.
- Use stock boot/ramdisk while proceeding.
Also read: Install Official Stock ROM On Nokia
Treble Supported Devices
These are all the factor which devices whether your device supports project treble or not:
1. Your device should be launched with Android Oreo out of the box.
2. Should be Google Play certified. (It should be certified as long as you haven’t installed any kind of third-party custom ROM or you haven’t played with system files.
3. Check whether your device is included in Project treble from XDA official website.
Steps to Flash Treble Supported Custom ROM on Nokia device
Before proceeding further, make sure you have downloaded latest OST LA 6.0.4 on your PC. You can download it from the links down below.
After downloading both the files, go through this guide to install OST LA 6.0.4 on your PC
1. Download both files and extract them on the desktop.
2. Open Nokia OST Tool Folder. You will see a file with name Launcher.exe double click on it.
3. After that, the program will be installed in this directory on your PC.
C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA\
4. Now open the folder named Nokia OST Tool Patch and find OnlineUpdateTool.exe
5. Go to the folder where OST tool is installed and paste Nokia OST Tool Patch folder there.
6. Delete the file named ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config’.
Also read: How to Flash Nokia Firmware Using OST Tool
Flash Treble Supported Custom ROM on Nokia device
After you are done installing OST LA 6.0.4 on your PC, follow these steps.
1. Performa a full factory reset on your device. Also take a backup of your important data beforehand.
2. Go to this folder and launch PowerShell.
C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA
3. Put your device under download mode and prepare the IMG file which you want to flash.
4. Use this commands one by one.
.\fastboot-android flash system F:\your-flash-file.img
5. That’s it!