Nokia OST stands for Nokia Online Service Tool. This tool is Nokia’s official software that you can use to flash stock firmware to your Nokia Devices. Moreover, this software is used also by the FIH factory and the Nokia Care Services to revert the software in case of any issues faced by the customers.
Now, the OST requires the stock firm to be in the .nb0 format. You can install this OST software on devices like the Nokia 8, 9, 2, 3, 5, and Nokia 6. However, if the .mfl file is correctly formatted, you can also use this OST to flash the unpacked .nb0 firm. Besides, all the drivers are included with the OST.
You have to have an authorized username and password to flash the phones. Using PC with authorized Mac address can log in to the account. Besides, this OST also helps you to install the firmware update before the official OTA arrives in your device.
In this guide, we will tell you how to download Nokia online service tool- 6.0.4 and 6.1.2. This will help you to seamlessly install stock firmware on your Nokia device.
The list of supported devices is given below
- Nokia 8110 4G
- Nokia 1
- Nokia 1 Plus
- Nokia 2
- Nokia 2.1
- Nokia 3
- Nokia 3.1
- Nokia 3.1 Plus
- Nokia 3.2
- Nokia 4.2
- Nokia 5
- Nokia 5.1
- Nokia 5.1 Plus (Nokia X5)
- Nokia 6
- Nokia 6.1 (Nokia 6 2018 2nd Gen.)
- Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
- Nokia X71
- Nokia 7
- Nokia 7.1
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Nokia 8
- Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Nokia 8.1 (Nokia X7)
- Nokia 9 PureView
Download Nokia Online Service Tool – Nokia OST 6.0.4 – 6.1.2
There are two versions as mentioned in the article title; 6.0.4 and 6.1.2. This two can be installed depending on the type of firmware you want to install or flash to your device. Moreover, you can go to the below links to download any of the both;
Nokia Online Service Tool (OST) 6.0.4
For Android 6 Marshmallow or Android 7 Nougat firmware
Nokia Online Service Tool (OST) 6.1.2
For Android 8 Oreo or Android 9 Pie firmware
You need to have the official Nokia USB drivers in order for this OST Tool to work. Moreover, you get the USB drivers with the Nokia Online Update Tool so you don’t need to install them separately. Besides, there are two tools that you must have on your PC, to make the Nokia OST tool to work;
Download Nokia Firmware
It is already advised that the Nokia Service Tool only supports firmware files in the .nb0 or the .mlf format. You can download them from the below-mentioned links
How To Flash Stock Firmware Using Nokia OST
Note: Please make a backup of all your data on your device before proceeding with the flashing the stock firmware.
Let us look at the step by step method on how to install the stock firmware using the Nokia OST;
- Open the folder where the Nokia Online Service tool is installed.
- Look for a file named ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe’ and double click on the same to run it.
- Once you open the Nokia Online Service tool, you will see the below screen:
- Click the Next button.
- Here you will need to choose the file location which you need to flash your Nokia device.
- Reboot the device into Download Mode by following the below steps;
1. Switch off your device.
2. Connect the USB Cable to your phone (leave the other end open for now).
3. Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons together.
4. Wait till you phone vibrates and you see a ‘POWERED BY Android’ in the screen along with ‘Download Mode’ at the top or bottom corner.
- Select the firmware, and click the ‘Edit Phone Information’ button on the bottom right corner will become enabled.
- An error message will show up. Simply click OK.
- The firmware flashing process would have begun by now. Besides, it might take a few minutes to finish. Moreover, this is standard behavior and nothing to worry about.
So, there you have it. Our complete guide on download the download Nokia Online Service Tool – Nokia OST 6.0.4 – 6.1.2. Moreover, this guide also helps you how to install the firmware to your device including all the details you need to keep in mind before proceeding. Let us know in the comments below if you have any doubts or have any questions.