When it comes to the fully-fledged car racing video game, the Forza Horizon series is well-known to most of us. Recently, Playground Games and Xbox Game Studios released the Forza Horizon 5 title as the 12th main installment under the Forza lineup. The game is set to a fictional map of Mexico to drive your favorite cars. Meanwhile, it seems that some players are facing the Forza Horizon 5 Can’t Connect to Server or Keeps Disconnecting issue a lot.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to completely resolve such an issue. To be precise, this server connectivity issue is appearing to the players on all available platforms like PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. Most reports are coming out that the particular “You have been disconnected” error message appears a lot to the players quite frequently which is really frustrating.
- Fix: Forza Horizon 5 Can’t Connect to Server or Keeps Disconnecting
- 1. Check Forza Horizon 5 Status
- 2. Check your Internet Connection
- 3. Try Switching Internet Connection
- 4. Update Forza Horizon 5
- 5. Power Cycle your Wi-Fi Router
- 6. Repair Game Files
- 7. Turn Off IPv6 Connection from Wi-Fi
- 8. Flush DNS on Windows
- 9. Turn Off Antivirus and Firewall Programs
- 10. Uninstall other conflicting applications
- 11. Disable Overlay apps
- 12. Contact Forza Horizon Support
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 Can’t Connect to Server or Keeps Disconnecting
Now, the chances are high that the game server actually has some technical issues like outage or downtime or some kind of maintenance which may eventually cause server connectivity issues whatsoever. Whereas sometimes your own poor internet connection can also cause multiple issues with the server connectivity. So, it’s recommended to check both the server status and your internet connection status properly before going to any conclusion.
1. Check Forza Horizon 5 Status
If you feel that there is some issue with the game server then make sure to check the official Forza Support Twitter handle for further info or reports. Additionally, you can just visit the third-party Down Detector Forza Motorsport page to check for the server status. At the time of writing this article, it seems that the game has some issues at the server-side that have been reported by the players within a couple of days.
However, if you’re seeing that the game server is going well then make sure to follow other workarounds to fix the online connectivity issue.
2. Check your Internet Connection
You should also check for the internet connection at your side whether the network connectivity has some issues or not. Try checking the Wi-Fi or wired (ethernet) connection to cross-check the issue. You can also reboot the gaming device as well as turn off and on the network connection to refresh the system or networking glitch.
3. Try Switching Internet Connection
Make sure to switch your internet connection from wireless (Wi-Fi) to wired (ethernet) or vice versa to check for the issue properly. Sometimes switching the internet connection manually can fix several glitches or connectivity issues completely.
4. Update Forza Horizon 5
Make sure to check for the Forza Horizon 5 game update because sometimes the game version becomes outdated or buggy that requires a new patch fix update. It’s worth mentioning that developers have recently released a server-side patch fix. So, you should always check for the game patch update from the client and install it. To do so:
- Just launch the Steam client on the PC > Go to the game Library.
- Click on Forza Horizon 5 from the left pane > Now, the Forza Horizon 5 preview interface will open.
- If there is an update available, it’ll show you the Update button.
- Make sure to download and install the update straight away.
- Once done, you can click on the Play button to launch the game and check for the issue.
Download Forza Horizon 5 Wallpapers | 1080, FHD, 4K, 8K and more
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 Not Showing Up in Radeon Software
How to Play Forza Horizon 5 on Linux
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 Crashing on PC
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 Screen Flickering or Tearing on PC and Xbox Console
Fix: Logitech G920, G923, G29 Not Working on Forza Horizon 4/5
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 Can’t Join Friends Session
Is There A Cheat to Unlock All Cars on Forza Horizon 5?
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 Cars Not Accelerating or Moving
5. Power Cycle your Wi-Fi Router
If the above methods didn’t work for you, try performing the power cycle of your Wi-Fi router properly by following the steps below to refresh the internet connection glitch. To do so:
- Power off the Wi-Fi router > Unplug the power cable from the router.
- Next, wait for around 30 seconds then plug back the power cable into the router.
- Turn on the router and check for the connectivity issue again.
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 No Sound Issue | Audio Cutting Out
All Forza Horizon 5 Error Codes and Their Solutions
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 Wheel Not Detecting
Fix: Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter Not Working on Forza Horizon 4/5
Forza Horizon 5 vs Real Life – All Point of Interests Based on Game Map
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 Rally Adventure Update Crashing Issue
Fix: Forza Horizon 5 No HDR Display Detected
6. Repair Game Files
If there is an issue with the game files and the game consistently crashes or can’t connect to the server online that means the game files become corrupted or missing. So, make sure to repair the game files by following the steps below:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Forza Horizon 5 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Now, wait for the process to get completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer to change effects immediately.
7. Turn Off IPv6 Connection from Wi-Fi
Make sure to turn off IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) on the computer under the network properties section by following the steps below. If your internet network doesn’t support IPv6 then it’s worth mentioning to turn it off.
- Press the Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Network and Internet from the left pane window.
- Go to Status > Click on Change Adapter Options.
- Now, right-click on the network connection that you’re currently using.
- Select Properties > Search for the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option from the list.
- Make sure to uncheck or disable the option and click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes.
8. Flush DNS on Windows
Maybe the IP configuration or DNS server has become corrupted for some unexpected reason on your Windows PC that should be fixed manually by flushing the DNS server configuration on your computer. To do this:
- Click on the Start menu > Type cmd in the search bar.
- Right-click on Command Prompt from the search result.
- Click on Yes if prompted by UAC and the command prompt window will open.
- Type the following command line and hit Enter to flush the DNS server configuration on your PC:
- This method will successfully flush the DNS Resolver Cache on your computer.
- Finally, reboot the PC, and try connecting to the Forza Horizon 5 game server again.
9. Turn Off Antivirus and Firewall Programs
It may be possible that your default Windows Defender Firewall protection or any third-party antivirus program is somehow blocking the ongoing connection from your computer to protect the device security. So, you should try turning off the antivirus program or Firewall program on the PC to check for the issue. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Similarly, you have to turn off the Windows Security protection too. Just follow the steps below:
1. Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
2. Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
3. Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
4. Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
5. Next, you’ll need to simply turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
6. If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
7. Additionally, you can also turn off Cloud-delivered protection, Tamper protection if you want.
10. Uninstall other conflicting applications
It seems that there are a bunch of third-party conflicting applications available in the market that does offer useful features but eventually your PC will degrade in performance. Make sure to check out whether any of the following programs have been installed on your PC or not. If so, try uninstalling them to ensure everything works fine or not.
The conflicting third-party apps for Windows have a bad reputation of occurring several issues with the game launching or stable gameplay. You may find apps like A-Volute Sound Studio, Discord, Logitech G Hub, EVGA Precision, MacType, MSI Afterburner, Riva Tuner, Nahimic Audio, OBS, Sonic Audio, Wallpaper Engine, Warsaw Banking app, Xsplit, Nvidia GeForce Experience app, some other overlay apps or RGB lighting effect software, etc.
11. Disable Overlay apps
Sometimes overlay applications can cause several issues whatsoever that basically run in the background while playing games and reduce system performance. So, it’s always better to disable overlay apps completely to check for the issue further. To do this:
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Open the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Forza Horizon 5.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar option.
If in case, you’re unable to find out the Game Bar option then just search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Open the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes, and launch the Forza Horizon 5 game again.
12. Contact Forza Horizon Support
If none of the methods worked for you, try contacting Forza Horizon Support for further assistance. In most cases, the official support team can resolve the issue or submit your feedback to the developers quickly than usual.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.