Santa Monica Studio and Sony Interactive Entertainment God of War Ragnarök is an action-adventure video game launched recently in November 2022 for the PS4 and PS5 consoles only. It’s the first cross-generation title for PlayStation users that offers better combat mode, improved storytelling, and optimized gameplay. But several players facing the God of War Ragnarok are stuck on the loading screen issue on PS4 and PS5.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims of such an issue, don’t worry because here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that can come in handy. It has become one of the common issues among PlayStation users for a while, and most probably, developers will try fixing it from their end. However, the chances are high that some conflicts or issues at your end with the game and console can trigger such a problem which can be fixed easily.
Fix: God of War Ragnarok Stuck on Loading Screen on PS4 and PS5
Apart from the stuck on the loading screen issue, you may also face startup crashes, black screen, graphical glitches, lagging, stuttering, and more. Luckily, most of the common issues can be fixed easily with the mentioned workarounds. Therefore, you should follow the methods one by one until the problem fixes. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the Game
The chances are high that somehow the temporary glitch of the game is troubling in loading on the PS4/PS5 console. In that case, you can simply restart the game to check for the issue. A normal reboot of the game can help you a lot to refresh the game program.
2. Restart the Console
It’s worth recommending rebooting the console because the temporary system glitch or cache data issue can cause stuck the game on the loading screen. Though some of the affected console users might not find it useful every time, you should try it out.
3. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
You should perform a power cycle on your Wi-Fi router to refresh the internet connection whatsoever. Sometimes issues with the network connectivity may cause multiple issues with the game launching or connecting to the game server. It’s better to turn off the router and unplug the power cable from it. Then wait for around 30 seconds and plug back the power cable in. Now, turn on the router then connect to the internet to check for the issue.
4. Clear the Game Data
It seems that deleting the installed game-saved data on the console can also fix several issues with the game launching or gameplay. You should try performing this method to check for the issue.
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage.
- Select Delete > Select the God of War Ragnarok game.
- Checkmark the files that you want to delete or just Select All.
- Select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for the issue again.
5. Rebuild Database
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable, and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the Vanguard game or not. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called Rebuild Database.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may take some time depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience.
- Once done, just reboot the system normally.
6. Update System Software
We’ll recommend you check for system updates on the PlayStation or Xbox console or even on PC to ensure there is no problem happening due to the system. To do so:
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System Software Update > Make sure to check for available updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
7. Check for Game Updates
If in case, you haven’t updated your God of War Ragnarok game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest version. To do this:
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to God of War Ragnarok and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
8. Turn Off Rest Mode
Make sure not to keep your PlayStation console in the rest mode because it may cause some issues with the game crashing or not launching. To do so:
- Go to the PS5 Settings menu > Open the Power Saving tab.
- Select Set Time Until PS5 Enter Rest Mode.
- Set to Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to apply changes.
9. Hard Reset the Console
In most cases, performing the hard reset of your console can fix system glitches or cache data issues from the game itself. To do so:
- Switch off your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console first.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold the Power button on the console until you hear two beep sounds within a couple of seconds.
- Here you’ll see two reset options to choose from.
- Select the necessary option to reset your PlayStation console.
- Wait for the process to complete and then make sure to sign in to the PlayStation account.
- Finally, install the God of War Ragnarok game, and try running it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.