Do you want to install Google Camera on Asus Zenfone Max Pro? Well, Google Camera is an application which comes pre-built in the Pixel device and Android One Series. Recently launched Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL brings a lot of Camera feature. In all the feature, the main highlights were the Night sight feature. This feature allows the user to click a picture in a pitch dark environment and the camera software will turn the picture into a bright and noiseless picture without making use of LED flash. The all new Night Sight feature is now ported for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. Yes, now you can install the modded version of Google Camera for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
Today an XDA Senior member, androwide ported the Google Camera for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 which brings HDR+ and Night Sight features to the top. Also Credits to Arnova for porting the Google Camera HDR+ and Night Sight for many devices. This APK and the related features will work on the mentioned devices running Android 9.0 Pie. It will not support any operating system below Android Pie. This feature has already ported to many devices. Check out the list here to find if your device is supported: Google Camera Night Sight Feature On Supported Device.
– Camera (HDR+, ZSL, flash, zoom, raw, etc on back camera )
– Video (at 1080p)
– Portrait Mode, Panorama, Photo SphereFeatures NOT working:
– Slow motion
– hdr+ or enhanced not working on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 front camera
– Auto Flash may do problem sometimes
– night sight [will work, once Android Pie is out]
Well, as it usually happens with ported APKs, this App is reported to have some bugs in it. This includes EIS, video focus and slow-motion quality. However, every bug is fixable and in the coming ports, these glitches will surely be taken care of by the developer.
Download Ported Google Camera for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
Here is the link to the ported application which packs the Google Camera for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 with HDR+ and Night Sight.Download GCam 6.1 Port for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
How to Enable Camera 2 API on Asus Zenfone Max PRO M2
- First of all, download the ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC or Laptop
- Now extract the ADB and fastboot in C:/ drive
- In your phone, Go to Settings –> System –> About Phone and Tap on Build number 7-8 times to enable developer option.
- Now go back and open the developer option and enable USB debugging.
- Power off your device and boot into fastboot mode on your Zenfone Max PRO M2.
- Now connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
- Open the extracted ADB folder and press and hold SHIFT Key and tap on right mouse click.
- You would see Open Powershell window here or Open Command Window Here.
- Now in the command window, enter the command
fastboot devices fastboot oem enable_camera_hal3 true
- Now you will get a success message OKAY, FINISHED
The APK installation process is pretty simple. Install it as you would do with any other APK. Grant the permissions it asks for. It will not affect your device in any means, as you still have your phone’s stock camera App which you can use as well.
Preview of Night-Sight Mode on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
Here are some of the images from XDA, which implements the night-sight mode on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
So, if you have always wanted to try your hands on Google’s Pixel camera and enjoy its cool features, then install Ported Google Camera for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. If you have any queries then do let us know in the comments section.