Google Docs has become a popular file editor. However, giving tough competition to other file editors, like MS Office, and has a good collection of features. Suppose if you need to design a landscape document in place of a portrait-oriented, Google docs provides the facility to do so. However, you may find it difficult to search for the right command buttons.
In this text, we have thrown some light on creating a one-page landscape document in Google Docs. Further, we will provide a guide on how to have both landscape and portrait pages in one document, how to change page margins and headings, and how to insert a blank page. Here is how to manage the layout of your documents in Google Docs.
Table of Contents
How to Make Just One Page Landscape In Google Docs
In order to change the page orientation on a PC is quite easy if compared with that on Smartphone. Fortunately, you can change the orientation on a computer. Follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below:
- Open Google Docs in your browser and select the file type you wish to design.
- Tap on “File” in the menu bar of Google Docs.
- Click “Page Setup” from the drop-down menu. You will encounter the page setup menu in a pop-up window.
- Select the page orientation by checking the checkbox beside “Landscape”.
- Hit “OK” to save.
The below tutorial is for smartphone users of the Google Docs app. Let’s go through it:
- Launch a new document in the app by tapping on a pencil icon in the down left corner.
- Click on the three-dot menu provided in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Select “Page Setup” followed by “orientation” from the drop-down menu.
- Mark your selection on “Landscape” followed by clicking the horizontal arrow provided in the top-left corner of your screen.
Steps to Have Both Portrait and Landscape Pages in One Document
However, if you need to inert the page of opposite orientation in your document. You will find this guide useful, just follow the instructions given below:
- Launch Google docs in your browser and choose the document type you wish to create.
- Click on “File” from the menu bar.
- Select “Page setup” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the orientation by ticking the checkbox beside “Portrait” or “Landscape”, then tap “OK”.
- Click “Insert” from the menu bar.
- choose “Break” followed by “Page Break” from the drop-down menu.
- Highlight the image or text of the page you wish to change the orientation of.
- Click “Format” from the menu bar above.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Page orientation”.
- Select the orientation of the page by tapping beside “Portrait” or “Landscape”.
- Choose “Selected Document” under the heading “Apply to”. Finally, click “OK”.
Steps to Change Page Margins In Google Docs
In most docs, wrong page margins destroy the look of the full page. We have provided you with two alternatives to fix this issue on your Google Docs page. Keep your eye on the steps mentioned below:
I. Using ruler tool:
- Manually choose the visibility of the Ruler in the menu bar of your document. Tap “View”. It’s invisible, by default.
- Select “Show ruler” from the drop-down menu.
- Put the cursor on the left side of the ruler in the grey zone.
- Right-click and hold the cursor, However, by doing so the cursor would change into a double-sided arrow cursor along with the appearance of a blue margin line.
- Drag the cursor while holding it to change the width.
- Liberate the mouse key after selecting the desired margin.
- Finally, repeat the same for the remaining three margins of the page.
II. Alternative method:- Using Page Setup menu
- Tap on “File” in the menu bar of your document.
- Click on “Page setup” from the drop-down menu. Moreover, the Settings menu would pop-up on the screen.
- Type your desired margin width under the heading “Margins”. Tap “OK” to save.
As a result, more of you would prefer the alternative step to fix your margin problem because it seems very easy and you can provide the desired margins within seconds. As far as my opinion is concerned so I will go with the Page Setup menu option to fix the margins of my document.
Steps to Insert a Blank Page in Google Docs
Suppose, one page may not be enough to acquire all the required information. So there is a need for a second page. Here we are going to learn how to add a blank page in Google Docs. Follow the steps given below:
- Launch your document.
- Tap on “Insert” firm the menu bar.
- Select “Break” followed by “Page break” from the drop-down menu, or you can use the shortcut CTRL + Enter key combination.
Now Smartphone users using the Google Docs mobile app needs to follow the steps mention below above was for PC user.
- Launch your document and click on the pencil icon in the bottom-right of the page.
- Place your cursor just beside which you want to insert a page break.
- Click on the (+) icon placed on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll the menu unless you get “Page break”, tap on it.
Inserting Title or Heading in Google Docs
After modifying and applying all the fix mentioned in the above steps. Now you would be thinking about adding a Heading in your documents. However, we have read your mind and brought this for you. Follow the instructions given below:
- Type your text which you wish to add as Heading and Select it.
- Tap on “Format” in the menu bar of the document.
- Click “Paragraph styles” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the option as per your requirement from the available options like: “Normal Text”, “Title”, “Subtitle”, “Heading 1”, “Heading 2”, and so on.
- After selecting your desired text style. Hit “Apply”.
Hurrah..! All your issues are resolved now. Moreover, you have got the extra information in the field of Google Docs. In fact, all your day-to-day use issue of Google Docs is resolved now.
That’s all we have for you with using Landscape mode in Google Docs. In addition, for more updates, you may subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Don’t miss out on our Gaming Guides, Windows Guides, Social Media Guides, iPhone, and Android Guides to know more.