Lazy Bear Games and tinyBuild did release Graveyard Keeper in 2018 which is a medieval graveyard pixel-graphics crafting simulation video game. This graveyard-themed management simulation title has received plenty of positive reviews on several platforms due to its stunning gaming experience. However, it has a fair share of bugs and issues that we can’t deny. Meanwhile, the Graveyard Keeper game is Crashing on PC, Switch, iOS, and Android.
Now, if you’re one of the victims to encounter such an issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it. The chances are high that somehow your Graveyard Keeper video game crashes a lot while startup apart from lags, stutters, frame drops, graphical glitches, and more. These days it becomes one of the common issues among PC gamers that you may experience quite often. Luckily, there are a couple of workarounds mentioned below.
- Why Does Graveyard Keeper Crashing?
- Fix: Graveyard Keeper Crashing on PC
- 1. Check System Requirements
- 2. Run the game as an admin
- 3. Update GPU Driver
- 4. Update Windows
- 5. Force Use the Dedicated GPU
- 6. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
- 7. Update Graveyard Keeper
- 8. Repair Game Files
- 9. Turn Off Third-Party Overlay Apps
- 10. Turn Off Windows Firewall and Antivirus Software
- 11. Restore Default to Overclocked CPU or GPU
- Fix: Graveyard Keeper Crashing on Nintendo Switch
- Fix: Graveyard Keeper Crashing on iOS and Android
Why Does Graveyard Keeper Crashing?
There can be several possible reasons mentioned below that might occur a lot of trouble when it comes to the startup crashing issue on the PC. Problems with PC compatibility, outdated system software, an outdated game version, problems with third-party background tasks, conflicts with the startup apps, outdated graphics drivers, issues with the Microsoft Visual C++, overclocked CPU/GPU, and more can trigger startup crashes.
Additionally, issues with the overlay apps, blocking with the Windows security program, DirectX issues, etc might occur crashing issues while launching the game. While Nintendo Switch or mobile device users can encounter such an issue due to an outdated game version, an outdated system version, and so on.
Fix: Graveyard Keeper Crashing on PC
If in case, you’re facing this issue then make sure to follow the workarounds mentioned below to fix it. You should go through all the methods one by one until the problem gets fixed for you. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check System Requirements
First of all, you can try cross-checking the system requirements of the game whether your PC configuration is compatible enough or not. Sometimes issues with the outdated software or hardware on the PC may cause crashes. In some cases, outdated PC configuration can also trouble you a lot.
- OS: Windows 7 (SP1+)
- Processor: Intel core i5, 1.5 GHz and up
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1 Gb dedicated video card, shader model 3.0+
- DirectX: Version 10
- Storage: 1 GB available space
2. Run the game as an admin
Make sure to run the game app file on your PC as administrator access to allow the User Account Control (UAC) access to the system. In some cases, your system requires the UAC access permission to run a program which is quite important. By following the steps below you’ll have to allow the admin access for once and it won’t ask you for the same again. To do so:
- Go to the installed Graveyard Keeper game directory.
- Right-click on the application file on your PC.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Finally, just double-click on the game app file to launch it.
If in case, you’re running the game via the Steam launcher then perform the same steps for the respective game client too.
3. Update GPU Driver
Another thing you should do is update the graphics driver version on your PC by following the steps below. If there is an update available, make sure to install the same. An outdated GPU driver can cause several issues with the program launching such as in games or even during gameplay sessions. Not only your game looks pathetic but also your PC won’t be able to run at its full potential due to graphics conflict. To do that:
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Double-click on Display adapters to expand it.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that’s active or you’re using.
- Now, click on Update driver > Click on Search automatically for drivers.
- It’ll now automatically check for the available update then download and install the latest version.
- Just wait for the same and reboot the PC to apply changes.
If there is no update available for your GPU then you can go to the official graphics card website from the links below and search for the model of your graphics manually. Make sure to download and install the latest GPU driver for your model number as per the manufacturer.
4. Update Windows
If you’re running an outdated Windows version or build number for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for the same. Always try to install the latest update of the system so that you can get the latest security patch, improved performance, bug fixes, additional features, and more.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Windows Update > Click on Check for updates.
- If there is an update available, click on Download and Install.
- Wait for the update process to be completed.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
5. Force Use the Dedicated GPU
It’s highly suggested to always use the dedicated (external) graphics card on your desktop for heavy games and applications so that you can get higher graphics performance all the time. To do that:
For Nvidia GPU:
- Right-click on the blank desktop screen > Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to 3D Settings > Click on Manage 3D Settings.
- Open Program Settings > Select Graveyard Keeper from the list.
- Select the Preferred graphics processor for this program from the list.
- Once done, you can see it as High-Performance Nvidia Processor.
- Make sure to save changes and reboot the PC.
For AMD GPU:
- Right-click on the blank desktop screen > Open Radeon Settings.
- Head over to Additional Settings > Go to Preferences.
- Click on Power > Click on Switchable Graphics Application Settings.
- Select Graveyard Keeper from the list.
- If the game is not visible, select Add Application to include the game.
- Once done, select High Performance from Graphics Settings.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes.
6. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
It’s recommended to close all the unnecessary background running tasks on your system by following the steps below because the more system resources will be used the higher your system performance will drop. You may not notice it drastically when you face in-game lags, framerate drops, stutters, etc. But this method should be useful for you in many ways.
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on Processes and check which task is consuming higher resources.
- Just click on the particular process and select End Task to close it forcefully.
- Make sure to do the same steps for each third-party app process that is consuming higher resources.
- Once done, close Task Manager, and restart your PC.
7. Update Graveyard Keeper
We should also recommend you check for the game update manually at your end via the Steam client to ensure there is no outdated game version conflicting with the game launching. An outdated game patch version can trigger several potential issues that might trigger crashes whatsoever. To do this:
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Click on Graveyard Keeper from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
8. Repair Game Files
It’s needless to say that issues with corrupted or missing game files on the PC might encounter game launching crashes a lot without any proper error message in some cases. If in case, your game starts to load for a few seconds and then closes automatically or doesn’t launch at all then it’s better to verify and repair the installed game files on the PC by following the steps below. Some players have already fixed crashing on their PC.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Graveyard Keeper from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- This process may take some time to get completed. So, have some patience.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
9. Turn Off Third-Party Overlay Apps
Mostly conflicts with the background running third-party overlay apps can trigger several issues with the game launching because they consume a lot of system resources just like the processes whenever you start the game. Even though the game doesn’t launch, the overlay app starts and runs until you close it manually. Whereas some overlay apps may also start running while you boot the system at the very beginning. So, try disabling overlay apps manually.
Disable Discord Overlay:
- Open the Discord app > Click on the gear icon (Settings) at the bottom.
- Select Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on Games > Select Graveyard Keeper.
- Make sure to turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar.
- Turn Off the Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game bar option.
- Once done, save changes, and reboot the PC to apply changes.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Go to Settings.
- Click on General > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Once done, restart the PC to apply changes.
Disable Steam Overlay:
- Open the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Graveyard Keeper > Click on Properties.
- Click on General > Turn OFF the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game option.
- Once done, reboot the PC to change the effects.
Some PC gamers or advanced users do also use some other overlay apps such as MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, etc. If you’re also using any other mouse or keyboard software or any RGB tool which isn’t necessary that much during gaming then it’s better to turn them off.
10. Turn Off Windows Firewall and Antivirus Software
The chances are high that you’re using the default Windows Firewall protection on your PC but sometimes disabling it temporarily before launching any game might reduce startup crashing issues a lot. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type Windows Defender Firewall and open it.
- Next, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for all domains.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes > Reboot your PC to apply changes.
Additionally, make sure to turn off the Windows Defender antivirus program on your PC to ensure there is no antivirus software blocking the game files. To do so:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Open Windows Security > Go to Virus & threat protection.
- Now, click on Manage settings > Just turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
11. Restore Default to Overclocked CPU or GPU
Sometimes overclocked CPU or GPU on the PC might cause conflicts with the other hardware which may trigger a bottleneck issue. It’s better to temporarily disable or restore the overclocked CPU/GPU to the factory default so that you can check out the potential reason behind the crashing issue. There are multiple tools available online to adjust overclocked CPU or GPU on the PC such as MSI Afterburner, Riva Tuner, AMD Ryzen Master, EVGA Precision X, etc.
Fix: Graveyard Keeper Crashing on Nintendo Switch
If you’re using the Nintendo Switch console and facing the crashing issue during startup then make sure to follow the methods below to fix it.
1. Restart the Nintendo Switch
First of all, you should reboot your Nintendo Switch console to refresh the temporary glitch or cache data issue. Mostly restarting the device system helps you to resolve the game launching issues a lot. To do so:
- Press and hold the Power button on the console for three seconds to turn the device on.
- Go to the Power menu > Select Restart from the drop-down menu.
2. Update the Game
Second, you can try checking for the game updates and then make sure to install the update on the console. An outdated game patch version may include several issues or bugs that can trigger game launching issues. Keep in mind that your Nintendo Switch is online and the internet connectivity is working well. To do that:
- Head over to the home screen of your Nintendo Switch.
- Select the Graveyard Keeper game > Hit the right controller’s Plus button.
- Now, select Software Update from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose Using the Internet as a Source and proceed.
- Wait for the update process to be completed.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the Nintendo Switch console.
3. Update System Software on Nintendo Switch
Sometimes your Nintendo Switch system software can also cause multiple issues with the game launching and gameplay experience because the system becomes outdated. If you haven’t updated the system on your console for the last couple of months or more then it’s time to check for pending updates and install the update to the latest version. To do so:
- Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is sufficiently charged to install updates.
- Head over to the HOME Menu on your Nintendo Switch.
- Select System Settings > Scroll down a bit and select System.
- Now, select System Update, and the system update process will start.
- During the process, the system will first perform a check to determine if there is a new system update available or not.
- If a new update is available, the system will start downloading and installing it automatically.
- Make sure to wait for the update process to be completed and then you can reboot the device.
4. Clear the Cache Memory
If the above methods did not resolve the problem then you’ll need to clear the cache memory from your console’s system by following the steps below. To do so:
- Navigate to the Nintendo Switch Home menu.
- Now, select System Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a System > Select Formatting Options from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the option to Delete All Content and Settings from your browser’s menu.
- Clear the cache for the selected user and then follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Finally, check for the issue whether it has been fixed or not.
5. Recover Corrupted Game Data
You should also try repairing or recovering the corrupted game data on your Nintendo Switch console by following the steps below. To do this:
- Navigate to the main menu by tapping the Home button.
- Choose System Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Data Management from the list on the left side.
- Now, select Software from the drop-down menu on the right side.
- Once done, choose the Graveyard Keeper game that you want to repair from the drop-down menu.
- Select Look for Data Errors and wait for it to complete.
- Finally, reboot the switch console to apply changes.
6. Use an SD card to set up the game
Sometimes the internal storage of the Nintendo Switch console may get corrupted or due to the cache data issue, owners might unable to resolve the game crashes and poor performance whatsoever. Rather than installing them on the internal storage, it’s recommended to install them on the SD card and check for the issue again.
Fix: Graveyard Keeper Crashing on iOS and Android
If in case, you’re having an Android or iOS device and facing the startup crashing issue then make sure to follow the methods below to resolve it.
1. Update Software on the Phone
Make sure to update the software version on your handset to reduce several issues and compatibility issues with third-party apps. Outdated device software can conflict with some issues with the app launching or running properly. Head over to the Settings menu on the device > Go to the Software Update option > Tap on Check for Updates. If there is an update available then make sure to install the update.
2. Update Graveyard Keeper
If you’re still running the outdated Graveyard Keeper game on your mobile device then it may cause compatibility issues. To simply update the app:
- Open the Google Play Store app > Tap on the hamburger menu icon.
- Next, tap on My Apps & games > Make sure to check whether the Graveyard Keeper game update is showing on the list of available updates or not.
- If so, just tap on the Update button next to the app and wait for it to install.
- Once done, make sure to open the Graveyard Keeper game, and check for the issue. [You can also restart your handset to refresh the system and app data]
For iOS (iPhone):
- Open the Apple App Store application on the iPhone.
- Now, tap on the Profile Picture icon from the top-right corner.
- Scroll down a bit to see which apps are available for update.
- Check whether the Graveyard Keeper game update is on the list or not.
- If the app is there, then make sure to tap on the Update button.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Finally, launch the Graveyard Keeper game, and check if the startup crashing problem is still bothering you or not.
3. Clear Game Cache Data and Storage Data
If in case, you’re trying to play Graveyard Keeper on your Android device then try clearing the app cache data and the storage data from the settings menu of the game application to refresh glitches. Sometimes outdated or corrupted app cache data can also cause several issues whatsoever.
Note: There is no option to do this on iPhone. Only a simple restart will do the job.
- Go to the device Settings menu > Head over to Apps & Notifications.
- Now, tap on See All Apps > Head over to Graveyard Keeper under the App info section.
- Tap on Graveyard Keeper to open the app info page > Tap on Storage & Cache.
- Next, tap on Clear Cache > Once done, tap on Storage & Cache.
- Then tap on Clear Storage.
- Finally, launch the Graveyard Keeper game, and check for the issue again.
4. Force Stop and Re-open the Game
The chances are also high that the startup crashing issue with the Graveyard Keeper game on your mobile device is happening because the game is already running in the background. In that scenario, you can manually perform a force stop of the app and relaunch the game application to check if that fixes the issue or not. To do this:
Note: You can simply close the game and reboot the iPhone to do this method easily. There is nothing extra to perform.
- Go to the Settings menu on your Android device > Go to Apps & Notifications.
- Tap on See All Apps > Head over to Graveyard Keeper under the App info section.
- Next, tap on Graveyard Keeper to open the app info page > Tap on Force Stop.
- If prompted, just confirm the task.
- Once done, open the Graveyard Keeper game and check if that fixes the crashing issue or not.
5. Reinstall Graveyard Keeper
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Graveyard Keeper game on your mobile. It’ll eventually delete all the saved game application data and refresh its data which should fix the issue. To do so:
- Tap and hold the Graveyard Keeper icon to bring the pop-up menu.
- Now, tap on Uninstall. [You can also go to App Info and select Uninstall]
- Once uninstalled completely, just reboot your mobile.
- Finally, go to the Google Play Store app > Search for Graveyard Keeper and tap on Install.
For iOS (iPhone):
- Tap and hold the Graveyard Keeper icon from the home screen on your iPhone.
- Now, select Remove App from the pop-up menu > Tap on Delete App.
- The system will again ask you whether to delete the app or not.
- Select the Delete button to uninstall it.
- Then open the Apple App Store application on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Search icon and type Graveyard Keeper then search for it.
- Finally, tap on the Get button or simply tap on the cloud download icon.
- Wait for it to install completely and then start using it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.