2013’s Grand Theft Auto V is one of the most popular and widely played titles by Rockstar Games to date at the time of writing this article that has been doing really well in the gaming community. The best part is that GTA 5 is now available for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S devices too. However, this dynamic and ever-evolving open-world game does have some issues that we can’t deny. Meanwhile, it seems that some players are experiencing GTA 5 Mods Not Working issue After a New Update in 2023.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue on your Windows computer then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. As per multiple reports online, it looks like that so many unfortunate players are having issues with the mods not loading or not working with GTA V unexpectedly. If we take a deep dive into the problem then we can find that the installed mods aren’t present in the GTA 5 game and even using the script hook doesn’t come in handy.
Fix: GTA 5 Mods Not Working After New Update 2023
The chances are high that somehow you’re not properly installing mods in the GTA V game folder or the game version becomes outdated for a while. Sometimes issues with the corrupted or missing installed game files, conflicts with the Dinput8.DLL file, issues with the security program or third-party background tasks, etc might also trouble you a lot when it comes to the mods not working on the PC game.
Luckily, here we’ve shared with you possible workarounds that should help in fixing this issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check for GTA V Updates
First of all, if you haven’t updated your GTA 5 game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the outdated game version.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on GTA V from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- Now, if there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait for some time to install the update.
- Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon of GTA V.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
2. Verify and Repair the Game Files
The chances are high that you’re having an issue with the corrupted or missing game files on the PC. Make sure to always verify and repair the installed game files that should help in fixing the issue with the game launching or even appearing the mods.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on GTA V from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
For Rockstar Games Launcher:
- Open the Rockstar Games Launcher and sign into the account.
- Go to Settings > Select GTA V under the My installed games section on the left side.
- Now, select Verify Integrity under the Verify game file integrity section on the right side.
- Wait for the repair process and then launch the game again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of GTA V.
- Click on Verify and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
3. Try Renaming Dinput8.DLL
You’ll have to rename dinput8.dll from the installed game folder on the PC to check if the GTA 5 game loads properly or not. It’ll simply disable all mods, trainers, scripts, etc automatically to ensure that the game is still having mod-related issues or not.
Please Note: Do Not Delete the file/folder. Just Rename it.
If in case, your GTA V game still doesn’t load the installed mods then make sure to head over to the next method.
4. Create All the Required Folders for Mod
It’s always recommended to create all the required folders for Mod by following the steps below. Sometimes the lack of required folders in the installed GTA V game directory for mods might also trouble you a lot.
Installation folder\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks Remember, the installation folder is the GTA5.exe folder.
To be precise, Mods is a specific folder that you’ll create to store your add-ons and mods for the particular game. You’ll also require a folder called Update that’s a subfolder of Mods. Do keep in mind that your GTA V game also includes an update folder. Ensure that you’ll have to update the mod whenever available. The X64 is another subfolder that you’ll need to create for Update. The last one is dlcpacks which also need to be created.
- For example, your mod directory will look something like this:
C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\xxxx
5. Reinstall GTA V Mods using Script Hook V
If the above methods didn’t come in handy then make sure to reinstall GTA V mods using Script Hook V to ensure there is no issue with the single-player mode. We should mention that Script Hook V is one of the best mod tools for installing mods to GTA 5 that basically writes scripts to the game. Though it sounds complicated enough, the Script Hook V app/tool is much easier than you may think to install mods in GTA V. A huge shoutout to the developer Alexander Blade for making it possible.
This tool includes an Asi loader and a Native Trainer for the mod where the Asi loader is the only required part of this mod. While the Native Trainer isn’t necessary enough, we’ll recommend you to use in-game cheats for sure. To install Script Hook V, follow the steps below:
- Download Script Hook V from here.
- Decompress the .zip file that you’ve just downloaded on the PC.
- Inside the \bin folder, you can locate the ScriptHookV.dll file.
- Copy and paste it to your GTA 5 folder > It’ll be present including the GTA5.exe application file.
- If in case, you’ve downloaded the game from Steam, you should find it in a file directory -> \SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\.
- To add the Asi loader, you should copy the dsound.dll file from the \bin folder to the same GTA 5 directory.
- For the Native Trainer, copy NativeTrainer.asi from the downloaded file’s \bin folder.
- Then make sure to copy it to the GTA 5 directory with the GTA 5 executable.
That’s it! You’ve successfully downloaded and installed Script Hook V. To install the mods, you’ll have to copy the .asi file to the GTA 5 directory. Most of these mods come with single .asi files making them easy to install. However, some have multiple files as well. Make sure to check the installation instructions for these mods before adding them to the game.
We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.