One of the best inventions by Samsung is their Galaxy Note 8 which gained a ton of popularity after its release. The device is equipped with some of the amazing features due to which a very large number of people all over the world appreciated it. However, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has been reported to suffer from several issues. Most people complain they face a hardware problem while others reported that they are facing a software problem with their Galaxy Note 8. In this post, we will introduce you on how you can fix screen flickering issue on Galaxy Note 8.
It is considered as a hardware fault by many people and there is nothing wrong to say that hardware problems are often very to detect and neglect. Users all over the world have reported Galaxy Note 8 is facing screen flickering issue even if a lot of care is taken. If you are one among those people, keep reading this article to know how to avoid it simply.
One important fact which you need to keep in your mind is that screen flickering not always means it’s a hardware fault. There are certain chances that the problem declares its presence because of no other reason than firmware faults or by malware that apps often bring with them. In a few cases, not updating the phone OS and apps is also a reason of this fault.
Before you proceed with this guide, it is suggested to you to make sure that your Galaxy Note 8 doesn’t have any other problem at the time you are going to fix screen flickering issue through our guide. In case it is having other problems, we suggest you find the solution to them first as this guide may not work for you in such a case.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Fix Screen Flickering issue on Galaxy Note 8
Check Related Post:
- How to Flash Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using ODIN
- How to Reboot your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 in Safe mode
- How to Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy Note 8
- How to Wipe the Cache Partition Galaxy Note 8 via Recovery Mode
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Stock Firmware Collections
- How to Enable Developer Options in your Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- How to perform a master reset on your Galaxy Note 8
- How to fix Wi-Fi issues on Galaxy Note 8
- How to fix your Galaxy Note 8 Charging Issues
Also, we suggest you try our guide against Galaxy Note 8 flickering issue before you actually take it to a service center. There is nothing much you need to do with your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to avoid this problem. So here are the instructions to fix screen flickering issue on your Galaxy Note 8.
How to Fix Screen Flickering issue on Galaxy Note 8
Screen flickering problems on Galaxy Note 8 can be fixed by following the below steps. Usually, Screen flickering may come due to both hardware or software. There are 60% chances it may come due to software issues. So here we will troubleshoot to know if it is a software or hardware. In case if it is a software issue, then you probably don’t have to worry. You can simply follow the steps which may resolve your Screen flickering problems on Galaxy Note 8. The troubleshoot will make you understand how the screen flickering happens and how you can fix it!
If you have followed all the steps and could not resolve the screen glitches, then you need to take the phone to the nearest technical person or service center whereby you can fix the issues with the hardware.
Step 1. Boot your phone into safe mode on Galaxy Note 8
There might be a chance that your phone will get into problems even though if it is an out of the box product. It might be due to Corrupt files, hardware or software issues. In such cases, you can boot into the safe mood to see if the problem still persist. In safe mode, your Galaxy Note 8 will turn on by disabling all the third-party apps and thereby you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem on Galaxy Note 8. After performing this step, if you still see screen flickering on safe mode, then please follow the next step.
If you do the below step on Galaxy Note 8, then there is a chance to fix the Screen Flickering issue on Galaxy Note 8.
Steps to Restart your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 in Safe mode
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
- When “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
- Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
Turn off safe mode
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.
I hope this helped you to Fix Galaxy Note 8 screen flickering issue. Well, Comment or send us an email for any kinda queries or doubts.
Step 2. Clear app cache and data to fix Screen flicker issue on Galaxy Note 8
Clearing cache or data from an app on Galaxy Note 8 can fix some software problems. If you clear data, any data stored in that app is lost, such as settings, login information, and saved games. If you don’t want to clear the data, try just clearing cache first. If you still experience problems, then clear data too.
To clear the cache and data for an app on Galaxy Note 8, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap System settings.
- Tap Manage apps.
- If necessary, touch the screen and slide left to view the ‘ALL’ screen.
- Navigate to and select the application you want to clear.
- Tap Clear data.
- Tap Clear cache.
If the problem has solved then you don’t have to follow the below steps.
Step 3. Wipe the Cache Partition Galaxy Note 8 via Recovery Mode
Samsung Galaxy Note users are facing a lot of problems these days. There are certain small as well as crucial problems that one can solve by the wiping cache partition via the recovery mode. Actually, this process is advised to all android users especially if the firmware was updated. In this step, we will guide you to Wipe the Cache Partition Galaxy Note 8 via Recovery mode. This may solve the screen flicker problem on Galaxy Note 8.
Steps to wipe the cache partition Galaxy note 8:
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Press and then hold the Bixby Button and Volume UP keys, then press and hold the Power key.
- Whenever the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 shows on display, release the Power key but continue holding the House and Volume keys up.
- As soon as the Android logo reveals, you might release both keys and leave the phone be around for approximately 30 to 60 minutes.
- Using the Volume Down key, navigate through the options and then highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
- Once highlighted, you might press the Power key to choose it.
- Next, highlight the option ‘Yes’ using the Volume Down key and press the Power button to choose this option.
- You have to wait until your phone is finished doing the Master Reset process. Once done, highlight ‘reboot system’ and press the Power key.
- The phone will now reboot more than normal.
But once you wipe the cache partition Galaxy note 8 and the screen flickering remained and if so, then the last step may help you get rid of it.
Step 4. Perform Master Reset to restore your device to Out of Stock.
This is the final step in which you can reset your phone completely so that you can know if it is a hardware or software. In case after you perform this step and screen flickering problem remained then we urge you to take an appointment with a technical guy to resolve this issue.
First let’s disable the factory reset protection on Galaxy Note 8, to avoid locking your device after reset.
Steps to Disable the Factory Reset Protection of your Galaxy Note 8
- In the Home screen, swipe up on an empty place to start the Apps tray.
- Now tap Settings > accounts and Cloud.
- Tap Accounts.
- And tap Google.
- Then simply tap in your Google ID email address if multiple accounts are setup. If you’ve got multiple accounts installation, then you will have to repeat these steps for every account.
- Tap 3 dot icon.
- Now you will see Remove account option.
- Select REMOVE ACCOUNT.
Once you’re prepared to master reset your phone, follow these steps to bring your phone back to default settings:
Steps to Master reset on your Galaxy Note 8:
- Switch off the device, once you are done.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- Once the green Android emblem displays, release all the keys (‘Installing system update’ will reveal for around 30 — 60 minutes before showing the Android program retrieval menu options).
- Press down the Volume key a few times to highlight “wipe info/factory
- Press Power button to pick.
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user information’ is highlighted.
- Press Power button to choose and begin the master reset.
- Once the master reset is finished, “reboot system currently” is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart your device.
Alternatively, you may also reset your Note 8 in the Settings menu.
- In the Home screen, swipe up on an empty place to start the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings > Accounts and Storage.
- Tap Backup and restore.
- If desired, tap Back up my information to move the slider to ON or OFF.
- If desired, tap Restore to move the slider to ON or OFF.
- Tap the rear button into the Settings menu and then tap General Management > Reset > Factory info reset.
- Tap Rename.
- If you have display lock turned on, then enter your credentials.
- Tap Continue.
- Tap Delete all.
That’s it! Now your device will reboot and clean up your device. Once it has formatted your data and software, your phone OS will look like a complete OUT OF THE BOX experience. This troubleshooting step will fix the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 screen flickering issue.
If it still shows the Screen Flickering issue on Galaxy Note 8 then, there is a big chance that a hardware problem triggered it. In this instance, you do not have a choice except to bring your phone to the closest store so that the technician can assess it.