After the launching of Android 10 (aka Android Q) officially by Google in September 2019, most of the smartphone OEMs are trying to deliver the latest software update to its devices a lot faster. However, the heavily customized skins like One UI, ColorOS, EMUI are taking a longer period of time than expected. Now, coming to the Huawei device users, the company has started its Android 10 beta testing program on the top of EMUI 10. Now, Huawei users can install EMUI 10 using the HiCare app officially.
Though the Huawei P30 series and Mate 20 Pro users were started receiving the global EMUI 10 update, the broader roll-out hasn’t completed yet. If you’re using any of the Huawei P30, P30 Pro, Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, Mate 20 RS Porsche Design, and Nova 5T devices, you can grab the EMUI 10 OTA update via the HiCare app for now.
Check for OTA Update
If you’re using the Huawei handset and want to upgrade your device to EMUI 10 faster, then you should check for the OTA update manually. In order to do that:
Go to the Settings menu on your device > select System > then tap on System Update. If the latest EMUI 10 update is available on your device, follow the on-screen prompts and upgrade it.
Get EMUI 10 using HiCare app
EMUI 10 is now available on the HiCare app. Huawei has officially announced on Twitter that a couple of devices can be updated to EMUI 10 via the HiCare app. You can check out the mentioned device models above.
There are plenty of issues present in the current EMUI 10 update that you should know before upgrading your handset.
- Some banking apps are not compatible with Android 10. This issue can be resolved only after compatible app versions are released.
- Some instant messaging apps are not compatible with Android 10 and may encounter issues when sending images. Restart the app to fix this issue.
- Silent Mode will be enabled by default for notifications from instant messaging apps if you disabled sound and vibration alerts for them before installing this update. The alert mode can be modified in the app settings according to your preferences.
- For apps with the App twin feature enabled, this update might allow the twin app to read Messaging content. Disable and re-enable the App twin feature to fix the issue.
- The screen might flicker in certain situations when playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Set a non-HDR resolution or restart the game to fix the issue.
- Samsung watches might automatically disconnect from your phone after a certain period. This issue will be resolved in a later version.
- 30x zooming by pinching out with two fingers might occasionally fail. Drag the zoom slider or restart Camera to fix this issue.
Now, follow all the pre-requirements at first for a smoother update process.
- If the HiCare app is not installed on your device, then go to the HUAWEI AppGallery > download and install the app. (If the HiCare app is already installed, please upgrade the app to the latest version on Huawei AppGallery)
- Upgrade to EMUI 10.0 via the HiCare App means you can use the app to apply for the new version.
- If you didn’t apply via the HiCare App, the update won’t come automatically.
- The update schedule or availability may vary in different countries and regions. Have some patience.
- The Android Q Beta (FUT) users, will get the HOTA after the new EMUI 10.0 version release.
- HiCare update is only available for the latest EMUI 9.1 version.
- We recommend you to backup your data.
- This version is not a final stable version. So, it will have bugs and stability issues for now.
Steps to Install EMUI 10 using HiCare app
You have to follow some easy steps such as:
- Open the HiCare app.
- Tap on Update.
- Then tap on Check for updates.
- Finally, you have to Download and Install.
- You’re done.
We hope that this short and informative guide will help you to upgrade your Huawei device to the EMUI 10.0 version easily. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.