We all love Android than any other OS for mobile devices worldwide. As this is open-source, it’s quite easy for the developers to develop any ROM or version for specific devices. That’s why most of the smartphone OEMs offer its own custom skin based on Android and brings so many useful features out-of-the-box. Whereas the smartphone OEMs also provide Beta updates to the device users to use and experience the new features for possible future improvements. But what will you do if that beta version seems unstable or buggy to spoil your user experience? That’s why the company also provides an option to rollback to the previous stable Android version via downgrading your device software. While OnePlus has also released Android Q Beta for OnePlus 7/7 Pro devices recently but as we all know that Android Q Beta has some bugs as well. Here in this guide, we will share with you on how to rollback from Android 10 Q to Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 7/7 Pro.
OxygenOS is one of the best OEM custom skin of Android out there and on the OnePlus 7 Series, it becomes much better. The amazing thing with Android is its open source. Currently, the kernel sources for the OnePlus 7 Pro can be downloaded right from the OnePlus GitHub page. Meanwhile, OnePlus also stated that they will soon update the kernel sources for the OnePlus 7 device as well.
Table of Contents
Downgrade OnePlus 7/7 Pro from Android 10 Q to 9.0 Pie
Recently, Google released the Android 10 Q Beta for 21 Android devices from over 13 smartphone OEMs. The OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro is one of the devices to get early Android Q Beta Developer Preview 3 early access. If you have upgraded your OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro to Android Q beta, then you should know that there are some system stability issues. However, thanks to the OnePlus team, now you can downgrade your OnePlus 7 series devices from Android Q Beta to Android 0 Pie easily. Just follow the steps and requirements mentioned below to understand what you’re doing.
Before following the steps mentioned below, make sure to read the requirements and download the necessary files which are required to downgrade from Android Q Beta to Android Pie version.
Known Issues on Android Q
- Ambient Display isn’t working.
- System stability issues.
- Can’t send SMS when VoLTE is turned On.
- Navigation gesture isn’t working.
- Recovery mode doesn’t work.
- Some apps may not function as expected when running on this Developer Preview release.
- An issue with MTP that doesn’t allow you to copy rollback file from PC to Phone.
- This method and downgrade installation files will work only on OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro devices.
- Make sure keep your device battery charged up to at least 50% or more before upgrading your device.
- Maintain minimum 3GB of storage space available on your device to successfully complete the installation process. (Important)
Steps to Rollback OnePlus 7/7 Pro back in Android Pie:
- First, you need to download the latest ROM upgrade zip package from the link given above. [Download for your specific device model]
- Now, copy the Rollback package to the phone’s internal storage.
- Go to device Settings > System > System Updates > Tap on top right icon > Local upgrade > Select the installation zip package > upgrade > System upgrade completed to 100%.
- When the upgrade is complete, tap on the Restart button.
- The phone will boot into recovery mode and will erase the user data completely.
- It will reboot again after formatting > Update successful.
- You’re done.
We hope that this guide will help you to successfully rollback from Android 10 Q to Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 7/7 Pro easily.