Google Chrome extensions are the small apps that get added to the Menu Bar of your Google Chrome web browser that helps you with different types of activities. Moreover, you can head over to the Google Chrome Store to download the latest extensions and mind you, there are tons to choose from. However, Google Chrome extensions are only available for desktop versions and are still missing from Android phones. And if you are looking for a way to use Chrome extensions on your Android phone then, you are at the right place as in this post, we will guide you on how to use Google Chrome extensions on Android smartphones.
There is a simple way to install Google Chrome extensions on your Android smartphone and make use of the awesome small apps that lets you accomplish several tasks. Moreover, you do not need to have root access on your Android smartphones in order to get Chrome extensions on your Android device. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
How to use Google Chrome Extensions on Android Smartphones
We will give you three methods that will help you to get your lovable Chrome extensions on your Android phones. But, note that for this, you need to install separate browsers which you will be given the links in this guide.
Method 1: Extensions via Kiwi Browser
- Download Kiwi Browser from the Google Play Store or by clicking the button below:
- Once the install is over, open it and head over to chrome://extensions in the URL bar.
- You will now have to enable the developer mode on the page.
- Once you have enabled it, visit: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions and you need to enable desktop mode located on the top right-hand side.
- Now simply search for the extensions you wanted to install and add them to the browser.
- That’s it!
Method 2: Extensions via Yandex Browser
- Download Yandex Browser from the Google Play Store or by clicking the button below:
- Once the install is over, open it and head over to ://chrome.google.com/webstore/chttpsategory/extensions in the URL bar.
- Now simply search for the extensions you wanted to install and add them to the browser by hitting the button Add to Chrome.
- That’s it!
Method 3: Extensions on Mozilla Firefox for Android
- Download Mozilla Firefox for Android.
[googleplay url=”Method 3: Installing Google Chrome Extensions on Mozilla Firefox for Android.”]
- Now you need to turn Desktop Mode from the settings.
- Open the Tools menu and hit the Browse for Add-ons button.
- Search Chrome Store Foxified and make sure to enable it.
- Open Google Chrome Webstore and click the first link.
- Now simply search for the extensions you wanted to install and add them to the browser by hitting the button Add to Firefox.
- That’s it!
Note that not all the extensions are supported right now due to certain limitations of the browsers. However, with the help of this guide, at least you will be able to use extensions on your web browser for Android as you do on your desktop version of Chrome. Let us know in the comments below if you liked this post or not. Until the next post…Cheers!