Alright, so do you own a Huawei Android Device? Are you someone who likes rooting, flashing custom ROMs on their devices to get the most out of it?. If so, then you are on the right page. Today, the GetDroidTips is back with another great tool for you guys. This tool would help a lot of you who owns a Huawei device. Sounds interesting? Want to know more about this tool?
Hold on, we would be answering all your questions with this ultimate guide on HuRUpdater Tool to Flash Huawei Firmware [How to Install].
HuRUpdater Tool to Flash Huawei Firmware [How to Install]
Before, we get straight to How to use HuRUpdater Tool to Flash Huawei Firmware, let us take a look at what HuRUpdater Tool actually is, should we?
HuRUpdater Tool is developed by a Senior XDA Developer, zxz0O0 for Android Devices from Huawei. This tool can do a lot of tasks itself making it easier for the users. There are a lot of users out there holding a Huawei Android Device in the palm and don’t know how to flash official firmware in recovery. That’s where this tool comes in handy. Let us now take a look at some of the features of this tool:
- Can be used to flash official firmware zip files
- Users can detect if firmware locks bootloader
- Can detect if firmware wipes the data
Seems good? Wanna know How to use HuRUpdater Tool to Flash Huawei Firmware? Well, let us first take a look at the supported devices list.
- Honor 9
- Honor View 10
- Huawei P9 Lite
- P10 Lite
- Huawei P9
- Huawei P Smart
- Mate 9
- Huawei Mate 10
- Mate 10 Lite
- Huawei P20
- Honor 8
- Huawei P8 Lite (2017)
- Honor 7X
- Honor 6X
- Huawei Nova 2i
How to use HuRUpdater Tool to Flash Huawei Firmware
A quick disclaimer: This tool is still in the beta. You should try this tool at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage caused.
Make sure you have the following pre-requisites before you use the HuRUpdater Tool to Flash Huawei Firmware:
- The Bootloader of your device should be unlocked.
- You need the TWRP recovery installed on your device.
- You should have the firmware of your device.
Now once that’s clear let us guide you on HuRUpdater Tool to Flash Huawei Firmware [How to Install]. All you need to do is simply follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, you need to download the latest version of the HuRu Updater Tool. You can download this tool on your PC by clicking on the Download Button below.
- Now, make sure you have downloaded all the Firmware files : update.zip , update_all_hw.zip and the update_data_public.zip files.
- Connect your Huawei Android Device to your PC via USB Cable.
- Create a New Folder on your Huawei’ Android Device’s SD Card and name it HuRu Updater.
- Now, move all the Firmware Files (in .zip format) and the HuRUpdater Tool (in .zip format).
- If you want to keep the TWRP Recovery installed on your Huawei Android Device, then place the TWRP.img file in the folder as well.
- Make sure the folder looks something like this:
- Now, disconnect your Device and boot it into the recovery mode by pressing Volume up + Power button at the same time.
- Here select Install Zip and navigate to the HuRu Updater Folder you created earlier.
- Select the HuRuUpdater… Zip file and swipe to confirm the flash.
- Now, wait till the flashing process is completed.
- Once the process is completed, Select Reboot Device to reboot your Huawei Android Device.
- That’s it, you have successfully installed Huawei Firmware on your Device?
This is one of the easiest methods to install the Huawei Firmware on your Device. You can use this method even if you don’t have a PC. All you need to do is download all the files on your Device and create a new folder on your SD Card using a File Manager.
So that’s t guys, this was our take on HuRUpdater Tool to Flash Huawei Firmware [How to Install]. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Just in case, if you have stuck somewhere between the guide or had any queries related to the topic. Then feel free to leave them in the comments section down below.
- List of Android P Supported Huawei Devices
- No more Bootloader Unlocking for Huawei devices
- Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder