In this guide, we will show you how to use the HuRUpdater Tool to flash the stock firmware onto your Huawei device. The OEM releases the update files for their eligible set of devices on a regular basis. The update arrives as an Over The Air that you could directly install onto your device. Likewise, you could also manually download and install the update package. But all this leads to a general query- when the OEM is releasing official firmware updates, why should you use a third-party tool for this purpose?
Well, the concern is totally justified. So here is what really happens. Your device is only eligible to receive the update if it hasn’t been tweaked and there haven’t been any changes to its partition. In other words, if you have unlocked the bootloader, installed a custom recovery, or rooted it via Magisk, then you wouldn’t be getting OTA updates. This is where the HuRUpdater Tool comes in handy. Using it, you could easily install the update file directly via the TWRP Recovery. So on that note, here are the required instructions to flash the Huawei Firmware using this HuRUpdater Tool.
HuRUpdater Tool to Flash Huawei Firmware [How to Install]
Before we list out the instructions, there are a few requirements that you need to check-mark. So make sure you go through each of the below-listed prerequisites and only then proceed with the flashing steps.
- To begin with, enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your Huawei device. Head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Next up, you will have to unlock the bootloader on your device. Do keep in mind that doing so will wipe off all the data on your device, so take a backup beforehand. With that said, you may refer to our comprehensive guide to Unlock Bootloader on Any Huawei Smartphone [Official and Unofficial].
- Likewise, you should also have a custom recovery like TWRP installed. For that, you may take the help of our guide to Flash TWRP Recovery on any Android Phone.
- Finally, download the latest HuRUpdater Tool that will be used to flash Huawei Firmware: HuRUpdater_0.4.zip.
Supported Device List
- Honor 9
- Huawei P9 Lite
- Huawei P9
- Honor View 10
- Huawei P Smart
- Huawei Mate 9
- Honor 8
- Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei P20
- Honor 6X
- Huawei P8 Lite (2017)
- Huawei Mediapad M5
That’s it, these were all the requirements. Let’s now proceed ahead with the steps to flash the Huawei Firmware using the HuRUpdater Tool.
Flash Huawei Firmware via HuRUpdater Tool
- First off, download the stock firmware of your Huawei device. Make sure that the downloaded firmware has the update.zip,
update_all_hw.zip, and update_data_public.zip files.
- After this, create a new folder on your PC and transfer all the three firmware files inside it.
- Likewise, also transfer the Updater app inside this folder. So the newly created folder should have the following four files:
- Now if you wish to retain the TWRP Recovery after the flashing is complete, then transfer the recovery file to this folder as well.
- It’s now time to reboot your device to the TWRP Recovery Mode. You may either use the device-specific hardware key combinations or the adb reboot recovery command as well.
- Once the device is booted to TWRP, select the Install option. Then navigate to the HuRUpdater_0.4.zip file, select it and perform a right swipe to flash it.
- Once the file has been flashed, you may now reboot the device to the OS. To do so, go to Reboot > System.
So this was all from this guide on how to flash the Huawei Firmware using the HuRUpdater Tool. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention as well.