In this guide you will learn on How to Flash TWRP Recovery on any Android Phone. If you are here, then you probably eager to try custom ROM or Rooting and also modding. Yes Rooting and installing Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM will always allow you to try most of the latest released Android OS on your phone before the official Stock ROM release.
Follow the below guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on any Android Phone. The procedure given below is to flash on any Android Phone, So don’t try this if you dunno what you are doing.
How to Flash TWRP Recovery on any Android Phone
Rooting Procedure is followed only after installing the TWRP Recovery on your Phone. If want to try only Rooting procedure, we recommend to follow How to Root any Android Phone without PC.
If you want to unleash the full power of Android Modding, then flashing TWRP Recovery is the first priority to get all modding ability on your phone. If you have a TWRP Recovery On any Android Phone, you can always try Custom ROM, Kernel, Xposed, Rooting, Mods, etc in few simple steps.
TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
Advantage of TWRP Recovery
- You can flash Custom ROM with TWRP Recovery
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to use Xposed Modules’
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery.
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- This will work only on any Android Phone.
- To flash a Custom Recovery, You need a Laptop or PC
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Take a full Backup your device just in case if you need it later
- Download SuperSU.zip for root and Move it to internal memory on your phone
- First Download and Install the Android Kies Software : CLICK HERE
- Install the Android USB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Download TWRP Recovery for your Android Smartphone Here. (Here you will find the list of smartphone, you can search for your phone with model name)
Watch The Video On How to Install TWRP:
REMEMBER TO RENAME THE TWRP RECOVERY NAME TO “RECOVERY”
STEPS FOR How to Flash TWRP Recovery On any Android Phone
- Enable USB Debugging
- To Enable USB Debugging, First of all, You need to activate Developer Option on your smartphone.
- To activate, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable.
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – To reboot, type the following Command from below in your Command window that you opened.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into bootloader, If it doesn’t boot, then please make sure your cable and usb drivers have been installed properly.
- Now type the below command on your command window.
This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- To flash the recovery, Type the command. (Please make sure the name of TWRP image, if you renamed it to recovery.img, then after the flash recovery, type recovery.img)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Now if it shows the command like this then reboot your device. TWRP has successfull installed. Enjoy
- Follow this step to Reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
Here is the full Guide on How to install Root using TWRP Recovery.