From this tutorial, you could download and install the HydrogenOS 11 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro based on Android 11. Google has already introduced the last beta of the Android 11 build. With that said, the final stable release is definitely around the corners. Slated for the Third Quarter, we might welcome it in the month of September itself. With this, there will be quite a few goodies in store for the userbase.
Dark Theme Improvements, Chat Bubble and Smart Reply, Unlimited Video Recording Size, Native Wireless ADB, Conversation Section in Notifications, and the Improved App Permission Request are just some of the noteworthy features of the latest iteration of Android. Along the same lines, OnePlus has always been among the frontrunners when it comes to releasing the Android upgrades. In this regard, it has already released the Android 11 Beta 3 for its flagships.
Similarly, its Chinese counterpart has also released the HydrogenOS 11 for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. While all the above mentioned Android 11 features will already be there, you will also be able to get hold of some of the OnePlus exclusive features. Given below is the complete changelog of this update. After that, we will also share the download link as well as the installation steps for this update. So without further ado, let’s get on with this guide.
Table of Contents
HydrogenOS 11 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro
The latest HydrogenOS 11 has optimized the large screen experience and has added a couple of new fonts and live wallpaper. Alongside that, you also get three new ZenMode themes and improvements to the Photo Albums. There is now also a scheduling and shortcut switch for dark mode.
The much-awaited OnePlus mutual transfer is now also live. You will now be able to easily share files between OnePlus and the nearby OPPO, Vivo, Realme, Xiaomi, Meizu devices. With that said, here is the complete changelog of the HydrogenOS 11 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro based on Android 11.
- Overall visual refresh (including more immersive weather, more comfortable browsing of photo albums and notes, etc.)
- Fully optimize the large-screen operating experience, comfortable and convenient with one hand
- Built-in two brand-new fonts (Cang Er Jin Kai, Huakang Round Type), OnePlus Ying Hei font is upgraded to OnePlus Sans
- Added a new live wallpaper, combined with the time point of sunrise to sunset, the color of the wallpaper changes accordingly, echoing the changes in the sky
- Information screen display
- Added the function of constant light display on the information screen, which can be selected as scheduled/all day. The setting method is: setting-display-the screen display is always on
- Added a custom style for the “Time” screen display. 10 clocks are available for the regular style. The setting method is: Settings-Personalization-Clock Style
- Dark mode
- Added a shortcut switch for dark mode, pull down the shortcut settings to open
- The dark mode supports the setting of automatic opening and time period. The setting method is: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-according to sunset and sunrise/custom time opening
- Zen mode
- Added three new themes (ocean, space, grassland) and provide more duration options
- Added support for multi-person meditation mode, you can invite friends to meditation together
- Photo album
- The smart album newly supports a week review function, which can intelligently generate videos according to the material situation to retain memories.
- Add OnePlus mutual transfer, quickly share files to surrounding devices, support OPPO, Vivo, Realme, Xiaomi, Meizu, and other brands
Download Hydrogen OS 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
As mentioned before, the HydrogenOS is OnePlus’ China-specific Android skin. Up until now, it didn’t come with the Google Play services and other pre-installed Google apps. However, this time the things might change as the latest HydrogenOS 11 is rumored to come with the Google Play Services installed. With that said, the users who have received the update have managed to grab the update URL link from the OEM’s servers itself. So all you have to do is grab hold of the update package from the below link and proceed with the installation steps.
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
As you might have noticed, we have also shared the downgrade package. So if you are getting a buggy and unstable experience, you get to make use of the downgrade package and revert to the stable Android build. Anyways, once you have downloaded the HydrogenOS 11, here is how to install it onto your OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.
- Transfer the downloaded HydrogenOS 11 file to your device’s Internal Storage.
- Next up, head over to Settings > System and tap on System Updates.
- Then tap on the overflow or the Settings gear icon situated at the top right.
- Select the Local Upgrade option from the menu that appears.
- Navigate to the HydrogenOS 11 file and select it. Wait for the flashing process to complete and when that is done, tap on Reboot to restart your device.
That’s it. You have successfully installed the HydrogenOS 11 for OnePlus 8/8 Pro based on Android 11. Do share your experiences with this latest update in the comments section below. For the OxygenOS users, don’t forget to check out our comprehensive coverage on OnePlus Android 11 with OxygenOS 11. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that deserve your attention as well.