From this post, you can download and install the latest Android 13 stable update for the OnePlus 8 And 8 Pro devices. Now that Google has released the stable build of its latest OS, Android 13, many OEMs are quick to jump on this bandwagon. Going by the track record of OnePlus, it is no surprise that they have also released an update for their latest flagships. This new OxygenOS 13 update would bring in a plethora of noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new brings in improvements like multi-language support, user privacy, revamped clipboard features, and more. Other than these, there are a few design changes, like an updated media player and support for themed icons to match wallpaper colour. Here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the OnePlus 8 And 8 Pro devices.
OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro Features:
The two phones have similar screen designs in shape, look, and camera cutout, but they have different capabilities. The Pro model boasts the largest display, measuring 6.7 inches. It supports Quad HD+ resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. Thus, animation speeds and frame rates are pin-sharp and super smooth. Regular OnePlus 8 displays have Full HD+ resolution but are slightly smaller than the OnePlus 8.
The difference between the two phones is the most pronounced regarding the camera. The Pro model from OnePlus features a quad camera system worth looking at.
There are similarities between both OnePlus phones: they’re powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processors with Qualcomm X55 5G modems. The performance capabilities are the same as far as brain power and cellular download speeds.
RAM and storage are similar. Choosing the regular over the Pro does not result in any memory loss, as both models come in 8GB/128GB and 12GB/256GB versions. There is the same amount of RAM on the 8 Pro, but it is faster, more modern LPDDR5 RAM instead of LPDDR4.
How to Install Android 13 (OxygenOS 13) for the OnePlus 8 And 8 Pro
Before we start with the instructions, there are a few prerequisites that you need to checkmark. Make sure your device qualifies for all these requirements, as mentioned below:
- First and foremost, take a complete device backup. This is because updating from Stable official (MP version) or Open Beta (OBT Version) to the Android 13 build will erase all the data from your device.
- Your device should also have a minimum of 3GB of free storage space.
- Ensure to keep your device sufficiently charged, so it doesn’t turn off midway through the process.
- Remember that carrier-version device such as TMO and VZW isn’t compatible with these builds.
Download Android 13 (OxygenOS 13)
You may now download the Android 13 for the OnePlus 8 And 8 Pro devices from the below links:
|Software Version and Downloads||Changelog|
How to Install Android 13 on OnePlus 8 And 8 Pro
- To begin with, transfer the downloaded package to your device.
- Then head over to the Settings page on your device.
- Scroll to System and tap on System Updates.
- Then tap on the gear icon at the top right and select Local Upgrade.
- Navigate to the downloaded update file and select it.
- Now hit the Upgrade button and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the installation is complete, tap Restart. Your device will now reboot to the latest OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the OnePlus 8 And 8 Pro. Please let us know in the comments section if you still have any queries. Rounding off, here are iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks, which you should also check out.