Whenever you set up your iPhone for the first time, after logging into the Apple ID, the iMessage automatically gets configured. It doesn’t require any additional process to get set up as it runs on an internet connection. However, some times the iMessage can’t get configured easily and users face issues with this app. The iMessage but the iMessage waiting for activation error is one of them. Here you can troubleshoot iMessage waiting for activation error on iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max.
Additionally, this iMessage issue can also appear due to the software bug or incorrect date & time or an internet connectivity issue. Make sure to check the internet connectivity at first and then adjust the date & time settings according to your timezone. If everything works fine, then the iMessage would work properly. Otherwise, you can follow some of the possible and simple steps to fix this issue.
Table of Contents
- 1 Troubleshoot iMessage waiting for activation error on iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max
- 1.1 1. Disable Re-Enable iMessage and FaceTime
- 1.2 2. Force Reboot your iPhone
- 1.3 3. Refresh the Internet Connection
- 1.4 4. Use Airplane Mode
- 1.5 5. Forget Wi-Fi Network to fix iMessage waiting for activation error on iPhone 11
- 1.6 6. Reset Network Settings
- 1.7 7. Log Out Apple ID and Log In Again
- 1.8 8. Reset All Settings on iPhone
- 1.9 9. Do A Factory Reset to fix iMessage waiting for activation error on iPhone 11
Troubleshoot iMessage waiting for activation error on iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max
First of all, you need to disable the iMessage and FaceTime app on your iPhone. Wait for a while and then re-enable both the apps and check again.
1. Disable Re-Enable iMessage and FaceTime
- Go to the iPhone Settings.
- Tap on Messages > tap on the toggle to turn iMessage off.
- Next, tap on FaceTime and turn off.
- Restart your iPhone to clear the cache.
- Now, turn on both the iMessage and FaceTime.
- Finally, reboot your handset again to refresh the device system.
2. Force Reboot your iPhone
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the key and wait for the device to boot completely.
3. Refresh the Internet Connection
- Head over to the iPhone Settings >> either choose Mobile Data or Wi-Fi >> turn off the toggle.
- Wait for around 10-15 seconds and then turn it on.
- Make sure to restart your handset.
4. Use Airplane Mode
- Go to the device Settings >> turn on the Airplane Mode toggle.
- Wait for a while and turn off the Airplane mode.
- Connect to the mobile data or Wi-Fi and check the iMessage.
5. Forget Wi-Fi Network to fix iMessage waiting for activation error on iPhone 11
- Open Settings from the iPhone home screen.
- Tap on Wi-Fi and make sure that it’s turned on.
- Select the preferred network from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap on the “i” icon beside the connected Wi-Fi name.
- Now, tap on Forget this Network option.
- If asked, enter the passcode and proceed.
- After waiting for a few seconds, re-join to the Wi-Fi network and check the iMessage app again.
6. Reset Network Settings
- Launch Settings menu > select General > tap on Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode and confirm it.
- Restart your iPhone.
7. Log Out Apple ID and Log In Again
- From the Settings menu > tap on Messages > tap on Send & Receive.
- Select Apple ID > Sign out.
- Wait for a few seconds and then sign in back.
- Go to the iMessage app and try to check whether the issue is fixed or not.
8. Reset All Settings on iPhone
- Head over to the Settings > select General > Tap on Reset.
- Select Reset all settings.
- If asked, enter the passcode > tap on Reset all settings again to continue.
- Restart your handset.
9. Do A Factory Reset to fix iMessage waiting for activation error on iPhone 11
- Open the Settings > tap on General > scroll down to Reset and tap on it.
- Select Erase all contents and settings.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode to continue.
- Tap on erase all content and settings to confirm.
- Finally, your device will restart. Wait for it.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. You can comment below for any queries.