POST LAST UPDATED ON 7 OCTOBER 2016 – Added Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi T705 Support. Download link is updated below in the steps How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy Tab S
POST LAST UPDATED ON 3 SEPTEMBER 2016 – Added Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi T700 Support. Download link is updated below in the steps How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy Tab S
Last day we shared the Android Nougat for Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Jiayu S3 Plus and OnePlus One smartphone. But today we will share the Latest released Android 7.0 Nougat for Samsung Galaxy Tab S with supported model no T700, T705, T800 and T805. This is a full guide on How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy Tab S. As we all know, Android 7.0 Nougat is officially released by Google. But now you can install the Unofficial Nougat ROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab S. Developers are preparing to release the Android 7.0 for their device by building Custom ROM based on Android 7.0 Nougat Source code. Even last time we have seen Cyanogenmod has started merging the Android 7.0 Source code to their CM Github with code name CM14 aka Cyanogenmod 14. Today we will guide you on to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy Tab S. Today an XDA Senior member Schischu built Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy Tab S in XDA forum. This is not a stable build of AOSP 7.0 Nougat. So install it on your own risk. Here are the list of what’s working and what’s not working.
- HW Video Accel
- Basically everything that is not mentioned in the open issues list below…
- Graphical glitches on rotation and screen off
- RIL, meaning no telephony support so far
- Hearthstone and several other Unity games: Enable 4x MSAA in development options else it won’t work
- Slither.io and a few other games don’t run if 4x MSAA is enabled: Disabled 4x MSAA in development options else it won’t work
- If you install Gapps after the ROM has been booted for the first time you either need to wipe data or manually delete /data/system/users/0/runtime-permissions.xml and reboot. Without this Gapps will crash constantly. This is due to the new permissions-system in M.
This is an alpha build of AOSP Android 7.0 built from the newly released Google Android Source Code. This is not stable enough to use it has a daily drive, But that doesn’t mean you will never get AOSP Android 7.0 stable build for Galaxy Tab S. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy Tab S.
What is in Android 7.0 Nougat ?
Android 7.0 Nougat was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2016. This is the seventh major version of the Android operating system. Google first released Android 7.0 Nougat has a beta build on March 9, 2016 and it was officially released on August 22, 2016. This has a huge incremental and feature on this new update. Android Nougat comes with features such as Quick Switching between recent apps, Split Screen Mode, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on Galaxy Tab S Device with model no T700, T705, T800 and T805, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps for How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy Tab S
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery – Turn your phone off -> Now Hold Home Button, Volume UP and Power button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery
- Before installing the custom ROM, its better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the AOSP ANDROID 7.0 Nougat
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom rom zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Android 7.0 on Galaxy Tab S Successfully.