On This page, you’ll learn about how to fix Lenovo PC error 1962 no operating system found. Although the there are different reasons behind this error depending upon the situation and pop-up while restarting your device. In most cases, this issue occurs due to a damaged or faulty HDD and SDD cables.
On the other hand, in some cases, wrong startup or BIOS settings will be the main reason behind this error. However, there are a few changes that your HDD or SDD makes noise while processing. This is the sign that it has become dead and you need to replace it. But, if that’s not the case, then the methods mentioned below will definitely help you.
How To Fix Lenovo PC Error 1962: No Operating System Found
If you are bothered with the error code 1962, no operating system is found on your Lenovo PC. Then you can simply follow the methods we describe below:
Method 1: Run Startup Repair
This is the first method that you can try to fix this particular issue. Many users are there who reported that this fix would help them to get rid of this issue. So, we recommend you try this once. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, go to Microsoft’s official website and download the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. This tool will use to make your device bootable. So, after installing this tool, make your flash drive a bootable device.
- Now, connect it to your PC and boot Windows from it.
- So, select the language, keyboard output, time and date, on the Windows setup page and hit the Next button.
- Now, on the next page, select the repair your computer option.
- After that, it will prompt a screen and ask you to select your account. That’s it. Once you give all the information, the startup repair will start automatically. So, wait until it gets finished and then checks if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 2: Alter The Boot Order In BIOS
Sometimes, this kind of issue occurs within the BIOS. So, in that case, changing the boot order will help you to fix the issue permanently. Well, if you are worried about how to change your boot order in BIOS, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, when the error appears, press the Ctrl + Alt Delete button altogether. This will reboot your PC.
- Now, press the F12 key multiple times to enter into the BIOS settings (the key will change depending upon the device to device) and hit the enter key.
- Then, select the startup tab and click on the CSM. Then, hit the enter key.
- Now, press the Enabled button. After that, change the Boot Priority option and press the enter key.
- Finally, press the F10 key and hit the Yes button to confirm the changes. That’s it. Now, your device gets rebooted, and you’ll notice that now the error 1962 get disappears.
Method 3: Reinstall the Windows
We regret if the above two methods won’t work in your case. But, that doesn’t mean that you are now have nothing to do. There is a last method remaining using which you can easily get rid of this issue. You can simply reinstall the Windows on your Lenovo PC. But, yeah! Don’t forget to take a backup of your data before performing this method.
Also Read: How To Fix Lenovo Keyboard Backlight Not Working
So that’s how you can fix the error code 1962 on your Lenovo PC. We hope this guide helped you. If the no operating system found error is still there, then make sure to let us know in the comment box down below. Our team will surely help you further.
Thank you, your instruction showed me the error of my ways. Method 2 shown be moved to Method 1.