In this tutorial, we will show you how to install the Lineage Recovery on Galaxy S10 Lite. One of the biggest perks of having an open-source OS like Android is the ability to carry out tons of customizations. The everyday users might try out icon packs, themes, and launchers from the Play Store. And the tech enthusiasts could take it a step further and get their hands on a plethora of tweaks. From unlocking the device’s bootloader to flashing mods, ZIPs, IMG, and Custom ROMs, the possibilities stand endless.
Likewise, they could also gain access to the system partition by rooting their device via Magisk But to flash or install any of these files, you need one important prerequisite. And that is a custom recovery. This is because you cannot carry out the aforementioned task of flashing files via stock recovery. On that note, while TWRP is a long-standing player in this domain, the one from Lineage isn’t far behind either. Hence, in this guide, we will show you how to install the Lineage Recovery on Galaxy S10 Lite. Follow along.
Table of Contents
What is the Lineage Recovery
TWRP has been the go-to custom recovery for many users. With a plethora of baked-in features without compromising on the stability front, the reason is there for everyone to see. Along the same lines, LineageOS is among the most popular custom ROM. Available for a variety of Android devices, it has rightly carried forward the lineage of CyanogenMod. And now, it has added another pretty nifty component.
The ROM now comes with its own custom recovery as well. Dubbed as Lineage Recovery, this touch-based recovery should give a tough competition to the TWRP. Furthermore, since it comes from a reputable player in the custom development market, there shouldn’t be any major issues as such with this recovery. With that said, you could now install the Lineage Recovery on Galaxy S10 Lite devices. Given below are the complete instructions set.
How to Install Lineage Recovery on Galaxy S10 Lite
Before we list out the steps, there are a few requirements that your device needs to qualify. Please go through each one of them before proceeding with the installation steps.
- This Lineage Recovery is for S10 Lite (SM-G770F/FD). Other types of S10 Lite models are not tested yet by the developer.
- It is recommended to take a backup of your entire device beforehand.
- Next up, you will need to install the Odin Flash Tool onto your PC. This will be used to flash the Recovery onto your Samsung device.
- Also, install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Likewise, you will also have to download the vbmeta_disabled.tar file to disable the Android Verified Boot on your device.
- Finally, download the Lineage Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite: Download Link. Credits: XDA Senior Member Vaughnn. Do keep in mind that the Internal storage access and Decryption are not working in this recovery.
That’s it. You may now proceed with the steps to install the recovery onto your S10 device. The instructions have been broken down into separate sections for the ease of understanding.
STEP 1: Unlock Galaxy S10 Lite Bootloader
To begin with, you will have to unlock the device’s bootloader. For that, you could go through our detailed guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite. Do keep in mind that this process might make the device’s warranty null and void. Furthermore, it will also wipe off all the data from your device. So take a backup before heading to the attached guide.
STEP 2: Disable AVB
You will also have to disable the Android Verified Boot Image. Starting with Android 7.0, Google started enforcing Verified Boot to prevent compromised devices from booting up. Hence we would have to disable the AVB on your device. Follow the below steps to do:
- First off, you will have to boot your S10 lite to the Download Mode. For that, power off your device. Then press the Bixby + Volume Down and plug your device to the USB cable which in turn should be connected to a PC. Once you see the Warning splash screen, release the keys and hit the Volume Up key.
- Now that your device is booted in Download Mode, launch the Odin Flash Tool. Put the vbmeta_disabled.tar into the USERDATA slot and click on the Start button.
- Your device will now reboot, to the Recovery Mode. It wouldn’t reboot to the OS because the VBMeta Signature has now been changed.
- Anyways, inside the Recovery mode, you will see a prompt that “You have to reset your device to factory settings”. Use the Volume keys to select this option and hit the Power key to confirm.
With this, you have successfully disabled the Android Verified Boot Image. You could now proceed ahead to install the Lineage Recovery on Galaxy S10 Lite.
STEP 3: Boot Galaxy S10 Lite to Download Mode
You will again have to boot your device to Download Mode. For that, power off your device and then press the Bixby + Volume Down. While pressing them, connect your device to the USB cable, which in turn should be connected to the PC. You should now see a blue warning screen, hit the Volume Up key to continue.
STEP 4: Install Lineage Recovery on Galaxy S10 Lite
It is now time to install the Lineage Recovery onto your device. For that, launch the Odin Flash Tool, put the recovery tar file to the AP slot in Odin, and click on the Start button. Then you could reboot to the recovery mode using the hardware key combinations.
That’s it. With this, we conclude the guide on how to install the Lineage Recovery on Galaxy S10 Lite. If you have any queries with respect to the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section. Furthermore, we would also like to know your views about this recovery from Lineage. Do you think it could compete with the ever-popular TWRP? Drop-in your opinions in the comments below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.