Logitech has gained trust over time by developing good quality electronics products. It is the go-to brand for buying things like mice and keyboards. Logitech might be one of your favorite brands, but since when your Logitech G335 headset has gotten into problems, your likes for the brand might have turned to dislikes. Before you get worried too much, keep in mind that you are not the only one facing mic-related issues with your Logitech G335 headphone. Luckily, there are many ways to solve it. This blog post will look at various solutions to fix the mic not working problem on the Logitech G335 headset.
Before we directly jump to the solutions, we should understand the problem at least a little bit. The most common reason why the mic is not working is that the Logitech headset has not been configured properly on your computer or mobile. Other possible reasons include an outdated audio driver or a defective USB port.
- How to Fix the Logitech G335 Headset Mic Not Working Issue
- Solution 1: Check if the Logitech Headset Is Connected Properly
- Solution 2: Install the Latest Audio Driver
- Solution 3: Charge Your Logitech G335 Headset
- Solution 4: Use Windows Troubleshooter
- Solution 5: Allow Access to the Microphone
- Solution 6: Connect the Headset to a Different Port
- Solution 7: Install New Updates on Your Computer
How to Fix the Logitech G335 Headset Mic Not Working Issue
Now that we understand the possible reasons let’s move on to the fixes.
Solution 1: Check if the Logitech Headset Is Connected Properly
The microphone inside your Logitech G335 headset would not work if Windows has not detected a microphone or the Logitech G335 is not set to use as a microphone.
Here’s how you make sure that the headset is configured properly on your PC:
- Type Control Panel in the search bar and click the Control Panel.
- Tap on the dropdown menu next to View by and select Small icons.
- Tap on Sound.
- Click on the Recording tab. Now, right-click on the empty area and tick the checkbox before Show Disabled Devices. Usually, it is enabled by default, but double-checking things is always a good move.
- You’ll see all microphones here, including the one that is inside your PC. Check if your Logitech G335 microphone is disabled. If yes, then right-click on it and select Enable.
- To set the Logitech headset as the primary microphone, tap on it and click Set Default.
- Now, we’ve to make sure that the microphone is not muted. To check it, right-click on Logitech G335 and select Properties.
- Open the Levels tab and set the slider next to Microphone to 100.
- Click OK to save changes.
Solution 2: Install the Latest Audio Driver
The Logitech G335 headset might run into problems if the audio drivers are not up-to-date. An outdated audio driver can trigger many problems related to the microphone and speaker. If you have not updated your audio drivers recently, it’s time to manually update them.
Here’s how you can manually update audio drivers on your PC:
- Open Device Manager on your computer.
- Expand the Audio inputs and outputs options.
- Find your Logitech headset and right-click on it.
- Select Update driver.
- Tap on Search automatically for drivers.
- Windows will automatically download and install the latest audio driver for the headset. If you see the message “The best drivers for your device are already installed,” you don’t need to update drivers.
After completing the process, check if the mic-related problems are fixed.
Solution 3: Charge Your Logitech G335 Headset
Although this solution may seem basic, we often miss this point. Many times we start stressing ourselves without thinking about battery juice. Before stressing yourself, plug the headset into the charger for at least 30 minutes and check if the problem has gone. Even if the problem persists, we need to charge the headset to apply other troubleshooting steps.
Solution 4: Use Windows Troubleshooter
Thankfully, all computers with Windows operating systems come with a troubleshooting feature that is good enough to fix basic problems. After running the troubleshooter, Windows will automatically look for problems and apply the best possible fix to eliminate the problem.
Here’s how you can use Windows troubleshooter to fix the mic issue:
- Open the Settings app on your PC.
- Under the System options, Select Troubleshoot.
- Select Other troubleshooters.
- Scroll down and click Run next to Recording Audio.
- Select the device you want to troubleshoot. Now, Windows will look for problems and apply the fix.
Solution 5: Allow Access to the Microphone
We need to ensure that the Microphone access is enabled on your Windows 10 computer. Also, we need to check if the microphone access to apps is enabled or not.
Here’s how you can check for these two options on your Windows 10 PC:
- Open the Settings app and select Privacy.
- Click Microphone from the left side menu.
- Click Change and ensure that this device’s option for Microphone access is turned on.
- Confirm that the Allow apps to access your microphone option is turned on.
Please note that this solution works only with Windows 10 computers. So, skip this if you are on Windows 11.
Solution 6: Connect the Headset to a Different Port
If your Logitech G335 mic is not working, we need to check if there’s an error with the 3.5mm audio jack on your PC. Use another audio jack on your PC or use any other device to confirm the headset is working properly. If your answer is YES, the audio jack on your PC might be the real culprit.
Solution 7: Install New Updates on Your Computer
Microsoft regularly releases software updates to keep the device running smoothly without any issues. It also contains fixes to some known issues. So if a large chunk of Windows users is facing the same problem, a fix for this should be on the way.
Here’s how to check for new updates on your Windows PC:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click Update & Security. Windows will automatically look for new updates.
- Download new updates and install them.
- Reboot your PC.
Running into problems of any kind of problem on your device can be frustrating. In this blog post, we discussed multiple ways to fix the Logitech G335 headset mic not working issue. Did you manage to fix the issues? Do let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
none of these solutions worked at all so now i have to buy another brand new headset.