The Logitech MX Anywhere 3 is a highly acclaimed wireless mouse designed for comfort and efficiency. It is equipped with several useful features, including side buttons that can be customized for quick access to frequently used functions. However, some users have reported that the side buttons on their Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mouse are not working as expected. If you are facing this issue, don’t worry, as it can be easily fixed. This article provides a few possible solutions to help you get your Logitech MX Anywhere 3 side buttons back to working condition.
How to Fix Logitech MX Anywhere 3 Side Buttons Not Working
Fixing the Logitech MX Anywhere 3 side buttons not working issue isn’t very tough; you can fix it using these simple methods:
Fix 1: Check the Battery
For Logitech MX Anywhere 3 side buttons not working, checking the battery is one of the simplest and easiest fixes. Also, it is one of the most common reasons wireless mice don’t work properly. To check the battery, follow these steps:
- As a first step, turn over the mouse to access the battery compartment.
- It is possible to see the current battery level through the battery indicator light on the bottom of the mouse.
- Whenever the battery indicator light flashes red, the battery is low and must be replaced. In this case, the battery is likely not to be a problem if the light is green or solid.
- It is simple to replace the battery if the level is low; remove the old one and replace it with a new one.
- Once the battery has been replaced, turn the mouse on and check if the side buttons work.
You should be able to use the side buttons once the battery level is replaced if it is low. Several other solutions are listed in the article if the side buttons still don’t work after the battery has been fully charged.
Fix 2: Update the Mouse Firmware
You may also be able to solve the problem with Logitech MX Anywhere 3 side buttons by updating the mouse firmware. Your mouse’s firmware has to be updated. This is done by downloading and installing the latest version. To update the firmware on your mouse, follow these steps:
- Visit Logitech’s website via your web browser. If you search in the support section for Logitech MX Anywhere 3, you will find the firmware update for your mouse.
- To download the firmware update for your mouse, click on the “Download” button once you’ve found it.
- Follow the instructions provided in the firmware update download to install it. By using Logitech’s firmware updater utility, you can run an executable file or update the firmware.
- If you have installed a firmware update, you will need to restart your computer after installing it. By doing this, you will ensure that your firmware has been updated.
- Once your computer has been restarted, turn on your mouse to see if the side buttons work.
It’s all good if updating the firmware fixes the issue with the side buttons not working. You can also try one of the other solutions listed in the article if they do not work. Whenever you have problems with your mouse, it’s always a good idea to update its firmware. Firmware updates are designed to fix bugs and improve performance.
Fix 3: Reset the Mouse
For Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mice with non-working side buttons, resetting the mouse is another option. If the mouse doesn’t function properly, you can restore its default settings, which can sometimes resolve the issue. To reset the Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mouse, follow these steps:
- Initially, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to turn off the mouse.
- It is necessary to turn the mouse over in order to access the battery compartment.
- You will need to remove the battery from the mouse. You will be able to shut down the mouse completely and clear its memory once you do this.
- You should wait 10 seconds after you remove the battery. By doing so, any residual charge in the mouse will disperse.
- Then, reinstall the battery and turn the mouse on by pressing the power button.
- Check whether the side buttons work after turning on the mouse.
Once you’ve reset the mouse, you should no longer have any problems with the side buttons. Alternatively, you can try one of the other solutions in the article if the side buttons still do not work.
Fix 4: Reinstall the Logitech Options Software
For Logitech MX Anywhere 3 side buttons that don’t work, you can reinstall the Logitech Options software. To accomplish this, you must uninstall the current version of the software and reinstall it from Logitech’s website. If you would like to reinstall the Logitech Options software, follow these steps:
- Your first step should be to uninstall the current version of Logitech Options. Click on “Programs and Features” in the “Control Panel” on your computer and then select Logitech Options. To remove the software, click “Uninstall”.
- Visit the Logitech website and download the latest version of the software after uninstalling Logitech Options.
- To install the Logitech Options software, double-click the downloaded file. To install the software, follow the instructions on the screen.
- To use Logitech Options, you need to connect your computer to the Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mouse.
- Once the mouse is connected, test the side buttons to see if they function.
It might fix the issue with side buttons not functioning if you reinstall the Logitech Options software.
Fix 5: Customize the Side Buttons in Logitech Options
You can also fix the Logitech MX Anywhere 3 side buttons not working by customizing the side buttons in Logitech Options. In Logitech Options, the side buttons are configured differently from the defaults. Click here for instructions on how to customize Logitech Options’ side buttons:
- On your computer, launch Logitech Options.
- Go to Logitech Options and select the Logitech MX Anywhere 3 mouse.
- To access the settings for the side buttons, click on the “Buttons” tab.
- Customize your side buttons under the “Buttons” tab. It is possible to assign different functions to the side buttons, such as clicking, scrolling, and so on.
- When you have customized the side buttons, click the “Apply” button to save the changes.
- If the side buttons now work, save the changes and test them.
Logitech Options should be able to resolve your side buttons issue if customizing them resolves the issue.
So, that’s how to fix Logitech MX Anywhere 3 side buttons not working issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. But, in case you need any further help, comment below and let us know.