Lioncode Games has recently published a sci-fi turn-based tactics video game ‘Mech Armada’ that’s currently running as an early access version and players are loving it so much. It has nice graphics, custom mechs, strategic battles, and more that brings more interest in the gameplay. However, it seems that plenty of players are facing issues with the Mech Armada Crashing at startup, Won’t launch, or lags with FPS Drop.
It’s needless to say that the title comes under the Indie Games category and running as an early access mode right now. Therefore, the chances are quite high for such a game to have some issues and bugs initially. If you’re one of the victims to experience the same problems on your Windows computer while launching or during the gameplay then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide.
- Why does Mech Armada Keep Crashing?
- How to Fix Mech Armada Crashing at startup, Won’t launch, or lags with FPS Drop
Why does Mech Armada Keep Crashing?
It’s quite expected that there may be several issues with the game files or compatibility or PC drivers. Sometimes an outdated Windows OS build, outdated game patch version, issues with the DirectX version, issues with the overlay applications, issues with the game display modes, background running tasks, etc can cause several issues as well.
How to Fix Mech Armada Crashing at startup, Won’t launch, or lags with FPS Drop
Luckily, here we’ve provided all the possible workarounds that should resolve the issue for you. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
Before heading over to the guide, ensure that you have restarted your computer to refresh the system, and run the game as an administrator.
1. Check System Requirements
First of all, check out whether your PC configuration is meeting the system requirements of the Mech Armada game or not.
Minimum System Requirements
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7 (64 bit)
- Processor: Dual-Core 2.66GHz (64 bit)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Radeon HD 7770, GeForce GTX 460 or better
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 6 GB available space
2. Update Windows OS Build
The chances are high that somehow you’re using an outdated Windows OS build for some time and it’s basically triggering unwanted problems with your games or programs while launching them. If you’re also feeling the same thing then make sure to follow the steps below.
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
3. Update GPU Drivers
Well, an outdated graphics card driver can also cause multiple issues with the game such as launching issues or lags or black screen on your Windows PC that can be fixed quite easily by checking for the graphics driver updates. To do that:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Start Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download & install the latest version.
- Once done, restart the system to apply changes, and check if that fixes the issue.
4. Update the Game
It’s needless to say that an outdated game version can cause multiple issues with the performance and occurs several errors too. You should always check for the game updates from the Steam client on your PC.
- Open the Steam client > Go to the Library of games.
- Here, you need to click on the Mech Armada game to select it from the left sidebar.
- Once the game launching interface will appear, check whether an Update button is showing in the blue color or not.
- If it’s showing, click on it, wait for the latest patch update to be installed completely.
- Once done, click on the Play button in the green color.
- You’re good to go.
5. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
In most cases, a couple of unnecessary third-party background running tasks can also cause multiple issues with the system performance. To reduce the CPU/memory usage all the time in the background, it’s highly recommended to close background running tasks by following the steps below:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click to select the task that’s unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close the task.
- Do the same thing for every unnecessary task to close. [Do not close system-related tasks which are important]
- Once all is done, restart your computer to check if the startup crashing issue appearing again or not.
6. Verify Integrity of Game Files
It’s another most common reason behind startup crashing or not launching issues with the PC games. Corrupted or missing game files on the PC may start causing problems with the existing game files and conflict with the system to run properly. It’s always better to simply check for game integrity and repairing them automatically from the game launcher directly. To do this:
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Click on Library > Right-click on Mech Armada from the installed games list.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Here you’ll have to click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer, and re-open the Steam client to run the game again.
7. Disable Steam and Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay
Plenty of third-party overlay applications are available that plenty of PC gamers use while playing games online for streaming, recording, chatting with friends, and more. Although overlay apps are quite useful, they can also ruin your gameplay experience by always running in the background.
So, we’ll recommend you disable most of the overlay apps on your computer before launching games to check if that helps to resolve Mech Armada Crashing/Not launching on PC or not.
Disable Steam Overlay:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Now, right-click on Mech Armada > Select Properties.
- From the General section, make sure to uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay checkbox.
- Go back to Library and re-open Mech Armada to see if you’re still getting the crashing issue or not.
Disable GeForce Experience Overlay:
- Open the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Click on the Gear icon on the top-right corner.
- From the General section, turn off the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, launch Steam, and re-open the Mech Armada game to see if the problem is still bothering you or not.
8. Launch Mech Armada in Windowed Mode
While running a game in the fullscreen mode on the Windows computer, it may take a lot of system resources to process in the foreground. As a result, it may cause several issues with the system performance or lags or crashes, etc. To open the game in a windowed display mode, follow the steps below:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Right-click on Mech Armada > Select Properties.
- From the General section, click on Set Launch Options.
- Now, copy and paste the following command-line argument in the text field:
- Once done, relaunch the game to check if that fixes the issue or not.
Please Note: This command will only work for the Mech Armada title on Steam. If you want the same function on another game then do the same for that specific game.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.