San Diego Studio and Sony Interactive Entertainment have come up with a baseball video game that is purely based on Major League Baseball. It’s available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch platforms. It seems that the MLB Co-op mode is a new game mode where you can join with your friends online or just host them in 2v2 or 3v3 matches. But the chances are high that MLB The Show 22 Co-Op mode is not working on consoles.
Since it’s a Baseball game, you’ll require a team to play matches online with other teams. Though there are a couple of issues appearing on devices since its launch, some online games do come with multiple bugs or errors whatsoever. Meanwhile, the MLB Co-op mode not working issue becomes widespread, and affected players are literally getting frustrated a lot. So, if you’re also one of the victims who encounter this issue then you can follow this guide to fix it.
Fix: MLB The Show 22 Network Errors
Fix: MLB The Show 22 Stuttering, Lags or Freezing on PS4/PS5
Fix: MLB The Show 22 Screen Flickering Issue on PS4, PS5, and Xbox Consoles
Fix: MLB The Show 22 Not Connecting Online/Servers
Fix: MLB The Show 22 Stuck on Loading Screen on PS4, PS5, Nintendo, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X
Fix: MLB The Show 22 Co-Op Not Working
They can be multiple possible reasons found behind the multiplayer or co-op mode not working issue at your end. Whereas sometimes issues with the game servers can also trigger multiple conflicts with the MLB The Show 22 game. Luckily, we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should gonna help. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check the Game Server Status
First of all, you should check out the game server status by visiting the official MLB The Show Twitter handle whenever you receive the co-op issue. You can also try checking the same on The Show 22 Status page for real-time info to ensure if there is an issue with the server or not. If there is a server downtime or maintenance then simply wait for around a couple of hours and check again. If there is no issue with the server then you can jump into the next method.
2. Reboot the Game and Console
Make sure to simply check out whether your game or the console has any kind of temporary glitch or not. It seems that having an issue with the gaming console related to the software or cache data may trigger multiple conflicts for sure. If in case, you’re one of the victims to encounter such an issue then you should restart the game and console to fix glitches (if any).
3. Check your Internet Connection
You should also try checking out your internet connection speed and stability because a poor network can easily ruin your multiplayer online gaming experience whatsoever. It’s always better to check out your internet connection on multiple devices. Meanwhile, you can also try switching the wired (ethernet) connection to a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection or vice versa to cross-check the speed and stability.
4. Power Cycle your Wi-Fi Router
If in case, your internet connection seems fine with the wired (ethernet) network then the chances are high that your Wi-Fi router has some issues. It means you’ll need to check your router settings by logging into the admin panel. Try changing the Wi-Fi password and removing other connected devices to the same network. Still, it’s troubling you? Well, you should power cycle your router to clear system glitches or networking glitches.
Simply turn off the router and disconnect the power adapter from the router > Make sure to wait for around a minute and then plug back the power adapter into the router > Then power on the router and connect to the Wi-Fi network then check for the issue.
5. Clear Cache Data
Sometimes a corrupted system saved data or cache data on the PlayStation or Xbox console may trigger multiple issues whatsoever. It’s always a better idea to clear out the console’s cache data by following the steps below.
- First of all, make sure to turn off the console completely.
- Then disconnect the power cable from the console and leave it for 30 seconds.
- Now, you’ll need to reconnect the power cable to the console and restart the console.
- Finally, relaunch the MLB The Show 22 game, and check whether the issue is appearing or not.
- Press and hold the Power button on the Xbox console (front side) until the device turns off.
- Now, unplug the power cord from the console > Press and hold the Power button on the console multiple times.
- Make sure to wait for a minute or so and then just plug the power cord back into the console.
- Next, wait another minute or so, and press the Power button on the console to power it on.
In this way, you can easily clear out the cache data from your Xbox console. However, if the cache data didn’t get clear then you can follow another method.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller > Select Settings.
- Go to Devices & connections > Select Blu-ray.
- Select Persistent Storage > Select Clear Persistent Storage.
6. Perform a Hard Reset on your Console
It’s highly recommended to also perform a hard reset on your console because a system glitch or cache data issue can eventually prevent your ongoing connections to interact with the game servers online.
Note: Make sure that all of your installed game or app data will be deleted from the console. You’ll have to sign in to the Xbox or PlayStation account after a hard reset.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select Profile & system > Go to Settings > Select System.
- Go to Console info > Select Reset console.
- You’ll get a prompt like Reset your console?
- Here you should select Reset and remove everything. [This will delete all user data including accounts, saved games, settings, all installed apps & games, etc]
- Although you can choose to Reset and keep my games & apps, it may not gonna resolve the issue in most cases.
- After you select the option, your Xbox console starts deleting and resetting the system to the factory default settings.
- Wait for the process to get completed then reboot the console.
- Finally, go through the initial setup process > You’ll need to log into your account and install the game again.
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select the ‘Initialization’ tab > Select ‘Initialize PS4’ or ‘Initialize PS5’.
- From the next page, choose ‘Full’.
- Now, your PlayStation 4/5 will automatically start wiping itself to restore the factory defaults. This process may take a couple of hours depending on the installed data on the storage.
- Let the process be completed. Once done, make sure to reboot the system.
- Finally, complete the initial setup process on the console, sign in to your account then install the game again.
7. Contact MLB The Show 22 Support
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to contact MLB The Show 22 Support for additional queries and assistance on the co-op not working issue. Try creating a support ticket for a quicker resolution or at least the support staff can escalate this issue to the developers so that they can investigate it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.
Hello ever since I bought this gam coop and other online gameplay seems to be lacking. When will this be fixed as I payed money for a fully working game. Thank you
hello i having problem i try to put my last name it not letting my it said inappropriate text entered do’t known why it said that my last name is dickerson that real name i have playstation4
I bought this game specifically for Co Op. You guys have not figured it out. It simply does not work. EVER!!!
I bought this game specifically for Co Op. You guys have not figured it out. It simply does not work. EVER!!! Are you guys trying to fix this?