When it comes to the baseball video game which is focused on Major League Baseball for all platforms then you can find out MLB The Show 22 as one of the best in class titles in the market right now. San Diego Studio and Sony Interactive Entertainment released this game in April 2022 which is doing really well. However, MLB The Show 22 is Stuck on the Loading Screen issue on PS4, PS5, Nintendo, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S/X is literally bothering players.
Though the MLB The Show 22 has received positive reviews on all available gaming platforms, it seems that this 17th edition of Baseball’s title is crashing or not loading properly which becomes a widespread issue. Obviously, it can be frustrating a lot when such issues appear but there is nothing to do if something technically troubling you. However, you can manually try a couple of possible workarounds that can help you to resolve the issue.
PS5 Not Copying Disc, How to Fix?
Fix: Nintendo Switch Stuck on Logo Screen
Fix: PS4 and PS5 Not Able to Join Party
When Will Roblox Come to Nintendo Switch | Release Date
Fix: Xbox Series X / S No Sound When Playing Games
Fix: Nintendo Switch/OLED Touch Screen Not Working
How to Fix Nintendo Switch Not Charging Problem
Fix: Nintendo Switch Games Keep Corrupting or Damaged
How to Fix Disney Plus Login Error on PS4, PS5
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Screen Tearing on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S
Fix: PS5 Warzone 2.0 Your Profile Was Signed Out Error
- Fix: MLB The Show 22 Stuck on Loading Screen on PS4, PS5, Nintendo, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X
Fix: MLB The Show 22 Stuck on Loading Screen on PS4, PS5, Nintendo, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X
The chances are high that not only the loading screen issue but also the startup crashing issue apart from graphical bugs or stutters may trouble you a lot. You should try the mentioned troubleshooting methods below to get rid of the loading screen issue. Now, without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Check MLB The Show 22 Server Status
First of all, you should check whether the MLB The Show 22 game servers are working fine or not. Sometimes the server outage or the maintenance process can trigger such problems whatsoever. You can visit the official @MLBTheServerss Twitter handle to make sure there is no server downtime happening at that moment. Additionally, you can also check the third-party Down Detector MLB The Show webpage to get real-time server status info.
If in case, there is a server issue ongoing then make sure to wait for a couple of hours and then try running the game again. If the servers are active and operational then you can jump into the next method.
2. Force Stop the Game
The second thing you can do is simply force stop the game on your console and relaunch it to check whether the game is running fine or not. Sometimes a temporary glitch or the cache data issue can eventually trigger multiple conflicts with the game loading. To do so:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide menu.
- Go to Games and highlight MLB The Show 22 > Press the Menu button.
- A small menu will appear on the screen > Then head over with your controller and select Quit.
- This process will force stop the game and you’ll have to launch it again.
For PlayStation 4:
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller to go to the home screen.
- Now, make sure to highlight MLB The Show 22 > Press the Options button on your controller.
- A small menu will appear on the right side of your screen > Navigate to Close Application and press the X button.
- Confirm the task by pressing OK > Once the game is closed, relaunch it.
For PlayStation 5:
- Long press the PlayStation button on your controller to go to the home screen.
- Now, highlight MLB The Show 22 and press the Options button on your controller.
- A small menu will appear on the screen > Press the X button to Close Game.
- Make sure to confirm the process and relaunch the game once closed.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Press and hold the Power button on the console for three seconds to turn the device on.
- Go to the Power menu and select Restart from the drop-down menu.
3. Power Cycle on your Wi-Fi Router
You should perform a power cycle on your Wi-Fi router to refresh the internet connection whatsoever. Sometimes issues with the network connectivity may cause multiple issues with the game launching or connecting to the game server. It’s better to turn off the router and unplug the power cable from it. Then wait for around 30 seconds and plug back the power cable in. Now, turn on the router then connect to the internet to check for the issue.
4. Check your Internet Connection
Make sure to check out the internet connection whether it’s working fine or not. Sometimes issues with the network may trigger several connectivity problems like game server connection or launching the game. It’s always better to switch the Wi-Fi to wired or vice versa if you’re facing any kind of issues. Otherwise, try running other online games or services to check for the issue. You can also contact your ISP for further assistance.
5. Clear MLB The Show 22 Game Data
It seems that deleting the installed game saved data on the console can also fix several issues with the game launching or gameplay. You should try performing this method to check for the issue.
- First, quit the MLB The Show 22 game > Select My games & apps.
- Select See all > Make sure to highlight the MLB The Show 22 game.
- Select Manage game and add-ons > Go down to Saved data.
- Choose the Delete all button > Wait for it to complete.
- Finally, relaunch the MLB The Show 22 game to check for the issue.
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select the MLB The Show 22 game > Checkmark the files that you want to delete or just Select All.
- Finally, select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for the issue again.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Navigate to the Nintendo Switch Home menu.
- Now, select System Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a System > Select Formatting Options from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the option to Delete All Content and Settings from your browser’s menu.
- Clear the cache for the selected user and then follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Finally, check for the issue whether it has been fixed or not.
6. Rebuild Database (PS4/PS5)
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve the potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable, and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the Vanguard game or not. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in the Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called ‘Rebuild Database’.
- Select ‘Rebuild Database’ and confirm the task.
- It may take some time depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience.
- Once done, just reboot the system normally.
7. Hard Reset your Console
In most cases, performing the hard reset of your console can fix system glitches or cache data issues from the game itself. To do so:
- Go to Guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Then go to Profile & System > Select Settings.
- Choose System > Select Console Info.
- Select Reset > If prompted, confirm the task to proceed.
- Wait for the console to reset completely.
- Once done, make sure to sign in to your Xbox account.
- Finally, install the MLB The Show 22 game properly, and then check for the crashing issue.
- Switch off your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console first.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold the Power button on the console until you hear two beep sounds within a couple of seconds.
- Here you’ll see two reset options to choose from.
- Select the necessary option to reset your PlayStation console.
- Wait for the process to complete and then make sure to sign in to the PlayStation account.
- Finally, install the MLB The Show 22 game, and try running it.
For Nintendo Switch:
By long-pressing the Power button on your Nintendo Switch, you can try a hardware reboot in order to fix the freezing issue. Until the Switch has the battery juice, you can easily perform this task. Just press and hold the Power button for around 15 seconds until the Nintendo logo appears. Then release the button and wait for the console to boot into the system.
8. Don’t Put in Rest Mode (PS4/PS5)
Make sure not to keep your PlayStation console in the rest mode because it may cause some issues with the game crashing or not launching. To do so:
- Go to the PS5 Settings menu > Open the Power Saving tab.
- Select Set Time Until PS5 Enter Rest Mode.
- Set to Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to apply changes.
9. Update Firmware
We’ll recommend you check for system updates on the PlayStation or Xbox console or even on PC to ensure there is no problem happening due to the system. To do so:
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System Software Update > Make sure to check for available updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
- Press the Home button on the Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Select Settings from the bottom of the menu > Choose to All Settings.
- Choose to System > Select Updates.
- Select Update Console > Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
- Once done, make sure to restart the console to apply changes.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is sufficiently charged to install updates.
- Head over to the HOME Menu on your Nintendo Switch.
- Select System Settings > Scroll down a bit and select System.
- Now, select System Update, and the system update process will start.
- During the process, the system will first perform a check to determine if there is a new system update available or not.
- If a new update is available, the system will start downloading and installing it automatically.
- Make sure to wait for the update process to be completed and then you can reboot the device.
10. Update MLB The Show 22
If in case, you haven’t updated your MLB The Show 22 game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest version. To do this:
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the ‘Games’ tab.
- Scroll down to MLB The Show 22 and highlight it.
- Press the ‘Options’ button on your controller.
- Finally, choose ‘Check for Update’ from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to turn on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S gaming console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the menu.
- Now, scroll down to the right > Select ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down until you see ‘Updates & downloads’.
- From the next page, select ‘Keep my console up to date’ and ‘Keep my games & games up to date’ to enable the checkbox.
This will do the job automatically whenever new updates are available.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Head over to the home screen of your Nintendo Switch.
- Select the MLB The Show 22 game title > Hit the right controller’s Plus button.
- Now, select Software Update from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose Using the Internet as a Source and proceed.
- Wait for the update process to be completed.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the Nintendo Switch console.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.
How To Download Faster On Nintendo Switch in 2022
How to Fix Nintendo eShop Not Available in Your Country/Region
Fix: PlayStation Store Not Working on PS4, PS5
Fix: Nintendo Switch Not Seeing 5Ghz WiFi
Fix: Xbox Party Encountered An Error
How to Fix PS4 VR Controller Not Working Issue
Nintendo Switch Keeps Asking For Password, How to Fix?
PS5 Store Not Showing Games, How to Fix?
PS5 Randomly Deleting Installed Games, How to Fix?
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Connection Issues, Is There A Fix?