The DND (Do Not Disturb) allows you to update the incoming calls and notification that arrives on your Android and iPhone devices. With this feature, it’s easier to mute incoming calls, notifications, and alerts for mobile devices, chat/collaboration tools, and more. But it doesn’t prevent the alarm sound from going off on your Android and iPhone devices.
You don’t need to worry if your Android or iPhone alarm won’t sound when you have enabled the Do Not Disturb Mode. The Alarm was still ringing on Do Not Disturb Mode. DND mode silences only incoming calls, text messages, and other alternate notifications.
Will My Alarm Go Off on DND Mode?
In short, your device alarm will go off when Do Not Disturb Mode is enabled as well on Android and iOS devices. But if you have recently added any third-party alarm application or software to the silence list, then your Alarm won’t make any sound. In such cases, you can either remove it from the silence list or enable the settings to “Allow Notification” list so your device will ring and make a sound whenever the Alarm is set.
On the contrary, using the in-built options, you can also configure the DND (Do Not Disturb) Mode on your Android and iPhone devices to enable or disable alarm sound. However, if you have disabled the alarm option from the DND settings, the Alarm still pop-up on your home screen of the device, and it vibrates but won’t make any sound or ring.
Enable Alarm Sound Using DND Mode
You must enable the alarm sound when enabling the DND Mode on your Android and iPhone devices. Sometimes, the settings may be disabled, which prevents the Alarm from ringing in DND Mode. You may easily enable these settings by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Navigate to Notifications > Do Not Disturb Mode.
- Turn on Do Not Disturb Mode and choose Alarm and other interruptions.
- Enable the toggle next to the Alarm if it’s disabled.
- You must also enable the Media sounds to make a sound when the Alarm rings.
Note: Depending on your Android devices, this option might be different.
On iPhone: Here’s how you can enable the alarm sound of a third-party application using Do Not Disturb Mode on your iPhone device.
- Head over to the Settings app on your device.
- Go to Focus > Do Not Disturb.
- Tap on Apps.
- Choose to Allow Notification From and tap the plus icon.
- Choose the third-party application for which you want to make your Alarm ring or sound while using the Do Not Disturb Mode.
- Finally, tap Done.
Note: The above steps may not be available on iPhone devices running below the iOS 15 version.
Why is My Alarm Not Going Off on My Device?
When you have enabled the alarm sound from the DND settings and still your device alarm may not be working, there may be incorrect alarm settings on the clock app on your Android or iPhone devices.
For instance, you may have automatically selected AM over PM or vice versa. Make sure to check you have enabled the alarm sound and make adjustments in the volume settings if it’s set as low. However, Android devices have a lot of additional functionality, and ensure to check if your Alarm is enabled. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to configure your alarm settings appropriately.
- Open the Clock app on your device and choose the Alarm option.
- Select the preferred date and time and set the correct time format (AM/PM) accordingly and set date.
- Select a ringtone/song which will ring or make a sound when the Alarm goes off.
- Make sure to select the appropriate volume level and choose the day.
- Again, save the Alarm and enable it.
That’s it! The Alarm will go off even if the Do Not Disturb Mode is enabled on your device and makes a sound. Thankfully, we have mentioned how you can enable alarm sound using DND Mode on your Android and iPhone devices. I hope this guide may help to set your Alarm when DND Mode is enabled. If you have any further questions, ask in the comments section below.