Visual Concepts and 2K Games did come up with NBA 2K22 in September 2021 which offers a basketball simulation video game based on the National Basketball Association. It’s the 23rd installment in the NBA 2K franchise and a successor to NBA 2K21. However, it has received mixed reviews overall on Steam by players and critics which is a bit of a letdown. Meanwhile, some players are reporting about the NBA 2K22 Career Mode Not Working issue.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to completely resolve it. There might be multiple possible reasons that can be found behind such an issue something like in-game bugs, issues with the game files, system glitches, and more. Sometimes the outdated device software, internet issues, server connectivity issues, etc may also trigger multiple conflicts with the game running.
NBA 2K22 Career Mode Not Working, How to Fix?
Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that should gonna help you out. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Fix MyCareer File
If you’re having issues with a saved MyCAREER file in NBA 2K22 then the chances are high enough that either it’s missing or corrupted. In that scenario, you’ll receive an error message when you try to load it. Most probably, a message will appear like “This save file is corrupted, and cannot be loaded.”
If the Automatic Update feature is enabled on your PS4 then save game files will be automatically uploaded to the cloud by default. You’ll need to download your saved game data from the cloud by following the steps below:
- Go to the in-game Settings menu > Select Application Data Management.
- Head over to Saved Data in Online Storage > Select “Download to System Storage”.
- Press the X button on your console > Select NBA 2K22.
- Download all files that start with “MyCareer…” and try again.
Similar to the PS4 console, you’ll have to sync the saved data to the cloud. Ensure to enable ‘Automatic Updates’. Once synced and uploaded, you can easily download that saved data directly from the cloud storage to the PS5 storage by following the steps below:
- Go to the Settings menu > Select Games/Apps > Saved Data.
- Choose Saved Data (PS5) or Saved Data (PS4).
- Select Cloud Storage > Select NBA 2K22 > Download to Console Storage.
Xbox console users can’t save game data manually on the cloud. However, if you’re connected to XBOX Live, it’ll automatically upload and download game data from the Microsoft Cloud Exchange.
PC gamers can easily save data backups and restore from Steam by following the steps below:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on ‘Steam’ in the upper left corner of the Steam application.
- Click on ‘Backup and restore games…’ > Select ‘Restore a previous backup’.
- Browse to the location of the game’s backup files > Proceed through Steam to install the NBA 2K22 game.
For Nintendo Switch:
Nintendo Switch users can save data backups and download them from the game’s software menu or within System Settings by following the steps below.
Download Backups from the software menu:
- Open the game’s software menu > Select Save Data Cloud.
- Select the specific user profile > Select Download Save Data.
Download Backup from System Settings:
- From the HOME Menu, select System Settings.
- Choose to Data Management > Select Save Data Cloud.
- Select the specific user profile > Choose the backup file that you want to download.
- Select Download Save Data > Proceed accordingly.
Note: You’ll require a Nintendo Switch Online membership to use this feature.
2. Clear the NBA 2K22 Cache
Clearing the game cache data from the console might gonna help you to avoid multiple issues whatsoever. To do so:
- Make sure to press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller.
- Get into the My games & apps menu > Choose to Select All.
- Now, select the Games tab > Head over to the right section.
- Select NBA 2K22 from the list of installed games > Next, press the Options menu.
- Go to the Manage game and add-ons menu > Head over to Downloads and highlight Saved Data.
- Press the X button on your controller > From the NBA 2K22 Saved data menu, hit Delete all.
- Confirm the task and wait until the process is complete.
- Launch NBA 2K22 and enjoy!
- Close all the programs on the console > Press and hold the power button on your console until two beep sounds come out in a couple of seconds.
- Wait until the power light stops flashing > Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
- Wait for around 20 minutes to make sure that the power capacitors are completely drained.
- Now, plug back the power cord again to the outlet and start the console.
- Finally, launch NBA 2K22, and check if the career mode not working issue has been fixed or not.
3. Reinstall the NBA 2K22 Game
If none of the methods did work for you then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the NBA 2K22 game on the PC or console to check whether the problem has been resolved or not. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Select Storage.
- Select NBA 2K22 game from the list and then Hit Delete.
- Once the game is deleted, download and install it again from the respective store.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select My games & apps > Hit See all > Choose to Games.
- Then select the Ready to install tab > Select Queue.
- Select the NBA 2K22 game that you’re trying to reinstall.
- Now, press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage game & add-ons or Manage app.
- Choose to NBA 2K22 > Select Uninstall all.
- Make sure to select Uninstall all to confirm the task.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- Reboot the system to apply changes.
- Then press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu again.
- Hit My games & apps > Select See all > Go to Games.
- Select the Ready to install tab > Hit Install for NBA 2K22.
- Wait for the installation process and then restart the console.
- Launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Now, go to Library > Right-click on the NBA 2K22 game.
- Head over to Manage > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes immediately.
- Open the Steam client again and install the game again using the existing Steam account.
- Once the installation is done, open it, and you can access the Career Mode properly.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.