With NBA League Pass, you can access live games outside your local area without being affected by blackouts. There are replays for every league game. Classic games and archived games can be viewed on-demand as well.
However, although the NBA League Pass offers you everything that you can expect from the NBA, there are still many flaws that may bother you from time to time. For example, several users have recently reported difficulty using the NBA League Pass when connected to a VPN.
Nevertheless, you do not need to worry now as we have some fixes that will let you fix the NBA League Pass not working with the VPN issue. Please read through this guide until the end to know the method to resolve this error.
- Reason Why NBA League Pass Not Working With VPN
- How To Fix NBA League Pass Not Working With VPN Issue
- Fix 1: Reconnect The VPN Service
- Fix 2: Reboot Your Device
- Fix 3: Restart The NBA App
- Fix 4: Check Your Internet Connection
- Fix 5: Change DNS Settings
- Fix 6: Check The NBA Servers
- Fix 7: Check The Content
- Fix 8: Update Your VPN App
- Fix 9: Make Sure Your Device’s System OS is Updated
- Fix 10: Get in Touch With the Official Support Team
Reason Why NBA League Pass Not Working With VPN
While using a VPN can be a helpful tool to access geo-restricted content, it can also cause issues with streaming services like NBA League Pass. Here are some reasons why NBA League Pass may not work with a VPN:
- NBA League Pass Blocks VPN: NBA League Pass may block access to its service for users who connect through a VPN. This is because the service may have licensing agreements with certain countries, and using a VPN can violate those agreements.
- VPN Server Location: NBA League Pass may not work with a VPN if the VPN server is located in a country where NBA League Pass is not available. NBA League Pass is available in many countries, but it may not be available in all countries where VPN servers are located.
- VPN Speed: NBA League Pass requires a stable and fast internet connection to stream games smoothly. Using a VPN can slow down the internet connection, resulting in buffering, lags, or low-quality video.
- VPN Configuration: NBA League Pass may not work with a VPN if the VPN is not configured correctly. Some VPNs may require specific settings or protocols to work with streaming services like NBA League Pass.
How To Fix NBA League Pass Not Working With VPN Issue
Here are some methods that will help you resolve the NBA League Pass not working with VPN error. Therefore, make sure to perform all these fixes if you want to resolve this.
Fix 1: Reconnect The VPN Service
Whenever you encounter this issue, we suggest that you make sure to disable and re-enable your VPN service as there is a chance that it may encounter a connection issue after you have updated the app.
Hence, in that case, you can resolve the error by enabling or disabling your VPN service. In short, you should try this and see if it works to fix the NBA League Pass not working on the VPN problem.
Fix 2: Reboot Your Device
If just by reconnecting your VPN service, the NBA League Pass not working with VPN error won’t get resolved, then possibilities are there that your device may have some cache files due to which you are getting this issue.
Therefore, in order to remove those files, you must try rebooting the device in which you are trying to use the NBA League Pass. This method really has the potential to resolve this kind of issue; therefore, you must have to try this out and check if it helps.
Fix 3: Restart The NBA App
You should rerun the NBA League Pass on your TV or any other device you are using if the above method does not resolve the problem. Due to the possibility that some of your device’s cache may not have been updated after the new patch update, the app may not function properly.
The solution to the NBA League Pass not working on a VPN connection is to restart the NBA app and see if that helps.
Fix 4: Check Your Internet Connection
Poor internet connections may prevent NBA League Pass from working. As a result, a stable/good internet connection is essential for NBA League Pass to function. If your WiFi connection provides adequate internet speed, you can check its speed using the Ookla speed test website.
Additionally, you can restart your router or modem once if WiFi is not functioning properly. Until then, you should check with your ISP to find out if any changes have been made to your local connection.
Fix 5: Change DNS Settings
Most streaming platforms and smart TVs operate best with the default DNS settings. However, changing the DNS setting to Google DNS may be helpful.
- Those settings are found under Settings > Network > Network Status.
- Go to IP Settings and select DNS Settings.
- Select Enter Manually rather than Obtain Automatically under the DNS settings.
- DNS addresses for the Primary and Secondary DNS should be 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11, respectively.
- Save the changes and restart your TV.
Fix 6: Check The NBA Servers
Despite your active network connection and NBA League Pass app, there is a possibility that NBA servers are down for maintenance. You can use the DownDetector tool to check if this server error affects you alone or everyone.
Users who experienced this error in the last 24 hours are listed on DownDetector’s page. In order to know whether others have reported it, we must wait for other people to do so. You can also use Twitter to stay on top of the latest news; the NBA staff will soon update you if there is a server maintenance issue.
Fix 7: Check The Content
Have you checked if there is any problem with the content you are trying to watch? The problem might occur when you are connected through a VPN to NBA League Pass. We recommend playing any other content to determine if it is working correctly.
In any case, if the content works normally even after your device is connected to a VPN service, it clearly indicates that the content you were trying to watch might not be working properly.
Fix 8: Update Your VPN App
There may be a pending patch update causing this issue with your VPN app. To start, you’ll need to find out if the VPN app you’re using has been updated. After you update your VPN app, you will no longer experience the NBA League Pass issue.
You will definitely fix the issue if you do this, as many users reported that they did this and were able to fix the error. We highly recommend that you give this a try to see if it helps you.
Fix 9: Make Sure Your Device’s System OS is Updated
If you haven’t checked if the device you are using is updated with the latest OS or not, it is recommended to check if there is an OS update available for your device. If an update is available, make sure to update it immediately and check if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 10: Get in Touch With the Official Support Team
Did you try all the solutions described in this guide? If the issue still cannot be resolved after that, you can contact NBA officials since they are the only ones who can assist.
It could, however, be that the developer is the one responsible for resolving the error. In that case, please contact our support team and let them know what the issue is. You can definitely get assistance from the team.
So, that’s all on how to fix the NBA League Pass not working with VPN error. We hope that you find this guide helpful. However, if any question arises in your mind, comment below and let us know.