If you’re in the market for a new pair of headphones, you’ve probably noticed a ton of wireless options. But, Bluetooth headsets are never able to give you the sound quality that the wired headset gives. Therefore, in this guide, we are talking about one of the famous headsets, i.e., the OneOdio Headphone.
However, although the OneOdio Headphones are made of good quality, still some users started reporting that their OneOdio Headphone mic is not working. Well, currently, no one has any idea why this issue even occurs. Moreover, developers also haven’t made any announcements regarding this issue.
Therefore, it is clear that the issue is occurring from your end and the developer’s end, as there is no fault on their headset. Considering this, we have gathered some basic fixes that will help you resolve the mic not working issue with your OneOdio Headphone. So, make sure to perform them using this guide.
- How To Fix OneOdio Headphone Mic Not Working
- Fix 1: Check If Your Have Muted
- Fix 2: Check the Audio Settings of Your PC
- Fix 3: Check The Headset Connectivity
- Fix 4: Update Microphone Driver
- Fix 5: Check For OS Update
- Fix 6: Run The Device Troubleshooter
- Fix 7: Check For External Damage
- Fix 8: Make Sure The Cable Is Not Damaged
- Fix 9: Use The Audio Troubleshooter
- From Author’s Desk
How To Fix OneOdio Headphone Mic Not Working
There are several basic fixes that will help you OneOdio Headphone mic not working issue. So, if you are also facing the issue, make sure to check out the fixes we have mentioned below in this guide. Therefore, let’s get started:
Fix 1: Check If Your Have Muted
It is very crucial to check if you have muted your microphone on your PC or any other device. In previous cases, we have seen that users are getting this issue because they have accidentally muted their microphones.
Therefore, you need to make sure that you haven’t pressed the mute button on your OneOdio headphone. Moreover, you must also check your PC whether you have dragged the slider located next to the microphone to the lowest. So, to check this, you can use these steps:
- Initially, go to the Windows Settings.
- After that, tap on the System tab.
- Then, click on the Sound tile.
- Now, scroll down and drag the slider located next to the microphone under the input section.
Fix 2: Check the Audio Settings of Your PC
Did you check if your Windows audio settings are configured properly or not? Well, you must make sure that you have configured the audio settings on your device. You can simply open the Windows Settings> System> System > Sound. That’s it. Now, configure the settings as per your requirements and then check again if the mic starts working again or not.
Fix 3: Check The Headset Connectivity
Chances are there that your headset may not connect to your device properly, due to which your OneOdio headphone mic not working occurs. Therefore, to make sure there is a good connection, you must remove your headset and then use touch to check if there is something stuck on your 3.5mm jack.
Many users reported that just because some dirt or dust stuck on the 3.5mm jack, the mic is not working on their OneOdio headphones. Hence, when they remove all the dirt from the jack, they are easily able to resolve the issue.
Fix 4: Update Microphone Driver
It might be possible to get this error due to an older Microphone driver, so updating your Microphone driver would be another option to try.
Nevertheless, in a number of cases, the mic is not working OneOdio headphone issue has been resolved after updating the Microphone driver. Therefore, if you want to try this, apply these steps as well if you don’t know how to:
- Firstly, open the Device Manager on your Windows PC.
- When the Audio inputs and outputs tab is clicked, it will expand.
- After that, in order to update the driver, right-click the Microphone and select Update Driver.
- Install your Microphone driver by following the steps on the screen.
Fix 5: Check For OS Update
Hopefully, the OS update will resolve any type of issues. So, you must try this type and check if it helps to resolve the mic issue. Updating your Windows operating system on a regular basis will also contribute to ensuring your PC’s hardware functions properly.
Consequently, you should make sure that your OneOdio headphone is running on the latest operating system. The steps are as follows:
- First, click Start. Type update in the search bar. When you see a Windows update, click it.
- After that, click Check for updates. If you see a message about updates, click the message to choose which ones to install.
- When you are done, click Install updates.
Fix 6: Run The Device Troubleshooter
If the OneOdio headphone microphone does not work even after you try all the above-listed solutions. You should then run the Windows Troubleshooter since this will surely locate the problem and automatically resolve it. Here are the steps you will need to take if you don’t know how to run the troubleshooter:
- Right-clicking the sound/speaker icon is located at your taskbar, and choose Troubleshoot Sound Problems.
- Next, you can choose your headphones.
- If prompted, click No to avoid opening audio enhancements.
Fix 7: Check For External Damage
There are chances that your OneOdio headphone may have any external damage due to which you are getting the microphone error. So, you must check thoroughly whether your headset has any damage, dent, crack, etc. However, if you find any of these issues with your headset, hover over to the nearest service store and get a repair.
Fix 8: Make Sure The Cable Is Not Damaged
It is worth mentioning that if your OneOdio headphone cable has any fault or damage, you are getting this type of issue. Therefore, we advise you to check if there is any cut or damage occurring on your headset cable. However, if you find that, then make sure to replace it and then try using it again to check if the mic is not working issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 9: Use The Audio Troubleshooter
To fix such problems, you might consider using the audio troubleshooter. Therefore, it is highly suggested to try to fix the microphone issue with your OneOdio headphone using the audio troubleshooter. Meanwhile, below you will find some guidelines to follow if you aren’t sure how to do it:
- You can do this by first going to Start > Settings > Update & Security.
- In the Troubleshoot menu, select Playing Audio.
- Select Run the troubleshooter to proceed through the troubleshooting process.
- Once the troubleshooting process is complete, click Restart.
From Author’s Desk
Now that you’ve read this guide, you may better understand why you’re experiencing mic issues. However, there is a chance our earlier suggestions might not work for you since the problem is with your headset’s hardware, and you can’t fix it yourself. Therefore, our recommendation is to take your OneOdio headphones to your nearest service center and have them fix them.
So, that’s all you require to know about how to resolve the OneOdio headphone mic not working issue. I hope you found these troubleshooting methods useful. Please feel free to leave a comment if you need additional assistance.