OnePlus has finally launched its OnePlus 8 series successor known as the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro with a much-upgraded camera, processor, display, refresh rate, and design. The device came out of the box with Android 11 out of the box.
In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to fix the black screen or screen of the death problem on the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Like all the android phones, this phone also faces a few minor issues that can be resolved independently. One of the main issues for all Android users is having a black screen of death problem. Don’t worry! This article will guide you to fix the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro black screen issues.
The black screen is an error screen displayed by the operating system. Sometimes, it is very difficult to boot up the device after the black screen of death. If you have also run into the same situation, follow the below simple steps to fix the same.
- Steps to Fix the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro Black Screen issue
Steps to Fix the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro Black Screen issue
Here are a few steps to fix the black screen of death problem on the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
Reboot Your Device:
If your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro encounters a black screen of death, then it can be a reason due to software or hardware glitches. So to check how this occurs, the first simple troubleshooting guide is to soft reset your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro and confirm if the problem arises again. To soft reset, simply follow our guide.
Method 1: Soft Reset
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds
- You will see the screen with the option to power off
- Choose Power Off and your device will turn off
- Now press and hold the power button
- You can release it when the phone screen is on.
Method 2: Force Reboot
When your device is stuck and not able to perform any task, then this guide can come in handy.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until you see the phone starts restarting.
- That’s it! Your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro will reboot.
Wait for the Battery to Run Out and Re-charge Your Phone
If you cannot reboot your device, you may have to wait for the device’s battery to exhaust fully. When the battery is drained completely, you can recharge your device and turn it on. See if the problem now is resolved.
Wipe cache partition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrqG0bgnzdgTo wipe the cache partition on your device, you must boot into recovery mode on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. If you clear the cache partition, your device problem can be resolved. Recovery Mode on any Android device plays a crucial role in troubleshooting the device problem.
Perform a factory reset
If the problem persists even after following up on the first step, try to perform a factory reset on the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Follow our tutorial
Instructions for Hard Reset via Settings
If this method, doesn’t work, you can try the next hard reset method via recovery mode.
- In your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro device, Go to the Settings app
- Now Additional settings menu
- Tap on Backup and reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Here you will find 5 different options to select
- To clear all the data, select Erase All Content and Settings which will wipe off all the data from your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
- Enter your password if you have a password on your phone
- Once you enter the password, it will now show a confirmation to erase data, so hit erase data.
- That’s it! You have successfully performed a hard reset.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset via Recovery
Want to hard reset your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro? then, enter the recovery mode first.
- First of all, Turn off your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
- Now Press and hold the Volume Up key + Power Key on your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro device simultaneously for a while
- Once you see the Realme logo, you can release the button.
- Your phone has entered recovery mode now you can select the language
- Now your device will enter the stock recovery mode
- You can select Wipe Data by just tapping on it
- Now select Wipe/Data to confirm and enter the verification code
- That’s it! Confirm and done!
I hope this guide was useful to hard reset your OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
If your device still has the black screen issue even after resetting your device, then you can try to check for a new software update or manually upgrade to new stock firmware on the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. It was announced that a software update would debug and resolve the issue users are facing.
This should work! By following the above steps the user should not get this situation henceforth. If you receive the same issue again, it is better to visit the nearest store and inform them about it. Make sure you also let him know that you have followed the above steps so that the showroom staff can think of some new ideas.