OnePlus recently launched its new flagship killer, the OnePlus 9RT 5G model in India. The device boasts impressive features such as a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC, AMOLED display, 12GB RAM support, and a 4,500mAh battery. It also has a triple rear camera setup, including a 50 MP Sony IMX766 primary camera with an f/1.8 lens. The device has received its first major OS update to Android 12 on top of OxygenOS 12.
OnePlus has released the latest stable update for the OnePlus 9RT devices, the Android 13. This new OxygenOS 13 update has several noteworthy features for end-users, such as multi-language support, user privacy, revamped clipboard features, and more. There are also a few design changes, including an updated media player and support for themed icons to match wallpaper colour.
Users who wish to download and install the latest Android 13 update for their OnePlus 9RT devices can follow the detailed instructions provided by the post. As many other OEMs quickly jump on the bandwagon of the latest OS update, it is no surprise that OnePlus has done the same for its latest flagships, providing users with improved features and functionalities.
How to Install Android 13 (OxygenOS 13) for the OnePlus 9RT
Before we start with the instructions, there are a few prerequisites that you need to checkmark. Make sure your device qualifies for all these requirements, as mentioned below:
- First and foremost, take a complete device backup. This is because updating from Stable official (MP version) or Open Beta (OBT Version) to the Android 13 build will erase all the data from your device.
- Your device should also have a minimum of 3GB of free storage space.
- Ensure to keep your device sufficiently charged, so it doesn’t turn off midway through the process.
Download Android 13 (OxygenOS 13)
You may now download the Android 13 for the OnePlus 9RT devices from the below links:
|Software Version and Downloads
|OxygenOS 13 F.13
- Improves system stability and performance
- Extends battery life in some scenarios
- Fixes a time display issue that might occur when the Quick Settings panel is pulled down
- Fixes an issue where the virtual button and navigation gestures might not respond to your taps
- Integrates the December 2022 Android security patch to enhance system security
Communication & Connectivity:
- Improves the stability of mobile network connections
- Improves the stability of Wi-Fi connections
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience, and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery (Supports only some apps).
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.Efficiency
- Optimizes cross-device file transfer, with more file formats and device models supported.
- Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.Seamless interconnection
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.Personalization
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.Security & Privacy
- Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experiencePerformance optimization
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
How to Install Android 13 on OnePlus 9RT
- To begin with, transfer the downloaded package to your device.
- Then head over to the Settings page on your device.
- Scroll to System and tap on System Updates.
- Then tap on the gear icon at the top right and select Local Upgrade.
- Navigate to the downloaded update file and select it.
- Now hit the Upgrade button and wait for the process to complete.
- Once the installation is complete, tap Restart. Your device will now reboot to the latest OS.
That’s it. These were the steps to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the OnePlus 9RT. Please let us know in the comments section if you still have any queries. Rounding off, here are iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks, which you should also check out.