OnePlus launched their new device called OnePlus Nord 2 5G which is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1200-AI SoC. The device features a triple rear camera setup at the back with a 50-MP (f/1.88, 1.0-micron) + 8-MP (f/2.25) + 2-MP (f/2.5). Well, if you have bought the phone and facing WiFi issues, then here we will guide you on how to fix the OnePlus Nord 2 5G WiFi Issues.
As the phone comes with decent specs and comes with a number of features, many buyers are reporting the problems with the WiFi issue on OnePlus Nord 2 5G. The common one is no proper functioning of Wi-Fi. In this post, we will guide you on how to fix the OnePlus Nord 2 5G WiFi Issues.
As already mentioned OnePlus Nord 2 5G is an amazing smartphone but just like other devices it also has some common problems associated with it. Just after its launch, many people reported that Wi-Fi is not working properly. To fix Wi-Fi issues that are pretty common in OnePlus Nord 2 5G, follow this guide.
Steps to fix OnePlus Nord 2 5G WiFi Issues
Here is the solution to fix wifi problems on OnePlus Nord 2 5G.
Solving basic Wi-Fi issues
Before you proceed with anything, simply restart the phone and see if it works. If not, Reboot your router and check if the problem is gone. In case both methods fail, proceed further.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is working. Take another device and connect it to your Wi-Fi network. See if it works properly on it. In case you find everything alright, obviously the problem is with your router or connection.
- Ensure the signal strength is enough at the place you are trying to connect your OnePlus Nord 2 5G with your Wi-Fi connection.
- Always remember if you have recently changed your Wi-Fi password.
Also Read: Guide to Boost WiFi signal on your Android phone
Forget your connection
This is considered as one of the methods that often work for solving Wi-Fi issues on OnePlus Nord 2 5G. You simply need to forget the connection and try connecting the device again. For this simply follow the below instructions.
- Open the Settings menu and click Wi-Fi.
- Touch and hold your for a while your network connection. Soon you will see an option saying “Forget Network Connection” will appear. Click on it to proceed.
- Now try connecting to the same network by entering your password.
Clear Cache on OnePlus Nord 2 5G:
Another solution to fix the WiFi issue on OnePlus Nord 2 5G is to clear the cache memory. To do this, you need to reboot your phone into recovery. Follow the procedure given below to clear the cache on OnePlus Nord 2 5G.
- Turn off the device.
- Now turn it on again by pressing the and holding the power and volume up buttons.
- Select the language
- You will see the recovery window –> Wipe and Reset
- Now you can just select wipe cache. A process will start and you can restart the phone once it’s completed.
Make sure your Wi-Fi is always on
The latest Android versions are equipped with some unique features such as battery saving. For this, they simply turn off the Wi-Fi option automatically on the device when it is not in use for a long time. Thus to fix Wi-Fi issues on your OnePlus Nord 2 5G keep the settings on “Always-ON” mode. The instructions for this are given below.
- Open Settings and tap Wi-Fi
- You will see an option “WiFi Preferences”
- Click on it and then click the toggle menu to ON for the Turn on WiFi automatically
- Next in Advanced Settings, Turn on the scanning always available option.
- That’s it! This may fix the regular WiFi turn off problem on OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Keep your phone updated
OnePlus always gives importance to their software update. They keep sending regular software updates to their devices with monthly security patches, features, improvements, and bug fixes. So we recommend keeping your phone updated. There is a chance that they may have improved the WiFi issue on OnePlus Nord 2 5G with their recent update. Here is a simple guide to check for the software update on OnePlus Nord 2 5G.
- On your OnePlus Nord 2 5G, Go to Settings
- Tap on System
- Now tap on System Updates
- Wait until you see a screen showing the latest build.
- If it shows no updates available, then make sure to follow our link: OnePlus Nord 2 5G Stock Firmware Collections
Make sure your router is in working condition
Well, many times the reason for Wi-Fi issues on OnePlus Nord 2 5G and other devices is a faulty router or incompatible settings. To fix Wi-Fi issues, simply switch to 2.4GHZ on your router’s settings.
If none of the above methods has been able to solve the OnePlus Nord 2 5G Wi-Fi issue, then the last option is to perform the factory reset. By doing this method, you will ring the phone to factory state and would delete every data, media, music, videos, and other important files. So keep a backup before you go ahead with resetting your OnePlus Nord 2 5G.
Go to the phone’s Setting menu – Additional settings – Backup & reset – Factory data reset, then press Reset phone. Do remember to back up the important data to an external location like a PC or hard disk, because this reset will also remove all the data stored in your Internal storage.
These are some of the best available methods and there are certain chances that they work on your device. If not, you must visit an authorized Xiaomi service center around you.
I hope this guide to troubleshoot OnePlus Nord 2 5G WiFi Issues was helpful. Any Queries, please leave a comment below.