If you’re using a OnePlus Nord 2 5G or planning to buy it, then this guide is for you. In this tutorial, we will share the latest OnePlus Nord 2 5G firmware flash file and guide you on how to install it on your device.
OnePlus launched their new device called OnePlus Nord 2 5G which is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1200-AI SoC. The device features a triple rear camera setup at the back with a 50-MP (f/1.88, 1.0-micron) + 8-MP (f/2.25) + 2-MP (f/2.5).
Sometimes, Android users try to use any Custom ROMs or any other mods for more features or customizations. In these situations, the device may not work like before or you may experience errors or lags. Otherwise, sometimes the default Stock ROM can also work slowly or have some performance or app running issues. Therefore, doing a factory reset may fix the issue. But even factory reset won’t come in handy, then you should re-install the Stock ROM. Flashing Stock Firmware again on your device will give you a better experience like a new device.
Oneplus Nord 2 5G Device Overview:
The Oneplus Nord 2 features a 6.43-inch Fluid AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It is a high refresh rate panel with a 90Hz refresh rate, and it supports HDR10+ content. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Under the hood, we get the MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G built on a 6nm manufacturing process. This is a flagship-level octa-core processor which consists of one Cortex-A78 core clocked at 3.0 GHz, three Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.6 GHz, and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G77 MC9.
In terms of optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The triple camera setup at the rear consists of a 50MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.3 lens, and a 2MP monochrome sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a 32MP selfie camera paired with an f/2.5 lens. The rear camera can capture 4K videos at 30 fps, while the front is limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone comes with Android 11 out of the box with OxygenOS 11 running on top. It is available in two storage options: 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage + 12GB RAM.
In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 4,500 mAh battery that supports 65W fast charging.
What is a Stock ROM?
If you are facing issues like Screen freezing, touch unresponsive, camera error, app loading time lag, etc then this guide is for you. Even your OnePlus Nord 2 5G device may get bricked or stuck in a boot loop issue for any reason. By installing the Stock ROM on the handset will back everything on track. Meanwhile, you can either install the fresh Stock Firmware on the OnePlus Nord 2 5G or update the system software also.
Google’s Android OS is based on open-source software and runs on the Linux platform. Due to its customizable options, advanced users or developers can install Custom ROMs, Kernels, Mod files, and more. But sometimes thing doesn’t go in the right way and you may find some errors or stability or performance issues on your device. In these cases, installing Stock Firmware will come in handy.
Advantage of Stock Firmware
- Flash Stock ROM to Unbrick your device.
- Fix the device boot loop issue.
- Upgrade and Downgrade the Stock software version.
- Unroot the device easily.
- Fix the lag or software issues on the OnePlus Nord 2 5G.
- Revert back to Stock ROM to gain device warranty again (if any).
OnePlus Nord 2 5G Firmware Flash Files
|OxygenOS 12 C.08
Improved system stability and fixed some known issues
|Oxygen OS 11.3 A.05
We will keep updating the firmware details whenever a new update will be available for this device.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Before installing the stock ROM on your OnePlus Nord 2 5G, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements at first and install the required drivers, firmware, and other tools on your PC as well.
- The firmware is only supported for the OnePlus Nord 2 5G models. Don’t try it on other devices.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Make sure to download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers on your Windows and MAC computer and install it.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tool on your PC and install it.
- Keep your device battery charged at least up to 60% before installing the firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data without Root.
First method via Local upgrade
- Download the firmware OTA zip file from above and move it to the internal storage on your OnePlus Nord 2 5G device.
- Now, head over to the Settings > System Updates > tap on gear icon > use the Local Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file which you’ve downloaded before.
- You will see a pop-up screen to upgrade your device, tap on Upgrade Now.
- Next, the device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- The device will boot into a new system.
- Then turn off the phone > press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache & select Erase everything.
- Once done. Reboot your device.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Via Fastboot Method
Fastboot Method commands
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash modem modem.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot flash abl abl.img fastboot flash aop aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash featenabler featenabler.img fastboot flash hyp hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv imagefv.img fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.img fastboot flash logo logo.img fastboot flash oem_stanvbk oem_stanvbk.img fastboot flash odm odm.img fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img fastboot flash storsec storsec.img fastboot flash tz tz.img fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img fastboot flash xbl xbl.img fastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot reboot
If you want to install the Stock ROM on your OnePlus Nord 2 5G handset manually, then follow the below-mentioned guide properly. Here we have shared the ADB Sideloading method in order to flash the Stock ROM on your OnePlus device.
We assume that this article is useful to you and you’ve successfully updated or installed the Stock ROM flash file on your OnePlus Nord 2 5G device. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below.