OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G finally launched in India with Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 chipset and runs on Android 12 out of the box. The device sports an AI-backed triple rear camera unit headlined by a 64 MP main sensor and packs a 5,000mAh battery with support for 33W SuperVOOC fast charging. Well, if you have bought the phone and facing WiFi issues, then here we will guide you on how to fix the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G WiFi Issues.
As the phone comes with decent specs and comes with a number of features, many buyers are reporting the problems with the WiFi issue on OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G. The common one is no proper functioning of Wi-Fi. In this post, we will guide you on how to fix the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G WiFi Issues.
As already mentioned OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G is an amazing smartphone but just like other devices it also has some common problems associated with it. Just after its launch, many people reported that Wi-Fi is not working properly. To fix Wi-Fi issues that are pretty common in OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G, follow this guide.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G Device Overview:
The Oneplus Nord CE 2 Lite features a 6.59-inch IPS LCD panel with a 120 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2412 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 built on a 6 nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Kryo 660 Gold cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 660 Silver cores clocked at 1.7 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 619.
In terms of optics, we have a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The triple setup consists of a 64 MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.7, a 2 MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2 MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a 16 MP selfie camera paired with an f/2.0 lens. Both the front and the rear setup are limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone is available in two storage options: 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, and 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM. There is a MicroSD slot for storage expansion, but this is a hybrid slot that you cannot use if you insert two SIM cards inside the phone. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, and USB Type-C 2.0. And in terms of sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 5000 mAh cell that can be topped up quickly using a 33W charging adapter. The smartphone is available in two color options: Black Dusk and Blue Tide.
Steps to fix OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G WiFi Issues
Here is the solution to fix wifi problems on OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G.
Solving basic Wi-Fi issues
Before you proceed with anything, simply restart the phone and see if it works. If not, Reboot your router and check if the problem is gone. In case both methods fail, proceed further.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is working. Take another device and connect it to your Wi-Fi network. See if it works properly on it. In case you find everything alright, obviously the problem is with your router or connection.
- Ensure the signal strength is enough at the place you are trying to connect your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G with your Wi-Fi connection.
- Always remember if you have recently changed your Wi-Fi password.
Forget your connection
This is considered as one of the methods that often work for solving Wi-Fi issues on OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G. You simply need to forget the connection and try connecting the device again. For this simply follow the below instructions.
- Open the Settings menu and click Wi-Fi.
- Touch and hold your for a while your network connection. Soon you will see an option saying “Forget Network Connection” will appear. Click on it to proceed.
- Now try connecting to the same network by entering your password.
Clear Cache on OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G:
Another solution to fix the WiFi issue on OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G is to clear the cache memory. To do this, you need to reboot your phone into recovery. Follow the procedure given below to clear the cache on OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G.
- Turn off the device.
- Now turn it on again by pressing the and holding the power and volume up buttons.
- Select the language
- You will see the recovery window –> Wipe and Reset
- Now you can just select wipe cache. A process will start and you can restart the phone once it’s completed.
Make sure your Wi-Fi is always on
The latest Android versions are equipped with some unique features such as battery saving. For this, they simply turn off the Wi-Fi option automatically on the device when it is not in use for a long time. Thus to fix Wi-Fi issues on your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G keep the settings on “Always-ON” mode. The instructions for this are given below.
- Open Settings and tap Wi-Fi
- You will see an option “WiFi Preferences”
- Click on it and then click the toggle menu to ON for the Turn on WiFi automatically
- Next in Advanced Settings, Turn on the scanning always available option.
- That’s it! This may fix the regular WiFi turn off problem on OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G
Keep your phone updated
OnePlus always gives importance to their software update. They keep sending regular software updates to their devices with monthly security patches, features, improvements, and bug fixes. So we recommend keeping your phone updated. There is a chance that they may have improved the WiFi issue on OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G with their recent update. Here is a simple guide to check for the software update on OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G.
- On your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G, Go to Settings
- Tap on System
- Now tap on System Updates
- Wait until you see a screen showing the latest build.
- If it shows no updates available, then make sure to follow our link: OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G Stock Firmware Collections
Make sure your router is in working condition
Well, many times the reason for Wi-Fi issues on OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G and other devices is a faulty router or incompatible settings. To fix Wi-Fi issues, simply switch to 2.4GHZ on your router’s settings.
If none of the above methods has been able to solve the OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G Wi-Fi issue, then the last option is to perform the factory reset. By doing this method, you will ring the phone to factory state and would delete every data, media, music, videos, and other important files. So keep a backup before you go ahead with resetting your OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G.
Go to the phone’s Setting menu – Additional settings – Backup & reset – Factory data reset, then press Reset phone. Do remember to back up the important data to an external location like a PC or hard disk, because this reset will also remove all the data stored in your Internal storage.
These are some of the best available methods and there are certain chances that they work on your device. If not, you must visit an authorized Xiaomi service center around you.
I hope this guide to troubleshoot OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G WiFi Issues was helpful. Any Queries, please leave a comment below.
I have purchased an OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G Nov 2023. Wifi net speed slow then mobile net. The same wifi speed very high in another brand mobile like Realme.