OPPO has unveiled its new OPPO F15 (Model: CPH2001 ) which is the successor of the last year’s OPPO F11 series. The brand confirms that there will be no “Pro” version for the new device. Because if they release a “Pro” version it will directly compete with their own OPPO Reno 2F. The brand aims at the youth with their new smartphone. Here we will know whether the Oppo F15 will receive the official Android 11 (ColorOS 11) update.
Google has finally pushed the Android 11 update to all the Pixel devices(except the first-gen pixel). The update was first released on September 8, 2020, and also supported many OEMs alongside the Pixel devices. With Android 11, Google has introduced many new features and improvements.
You landed up to this article with a question that what is the status of Oppo to push the Android 11 to the newly launched Oppo F15. Well, then go through this article, and by the end of the article you will be able to clear all the doubts regarding Oppo F15 Android 11 (Android R) Update Status, either it is Android 11 official update or Android 11 Beta update.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released by the end of the year. Given pandemic related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in ColorOS 11?
As the name suggests, ColorOS 11 is the successor version of the ColorOS 7 that can be released in November 2020 most probably. It will be based on Android 11 goodies along with some design changes that will gonna change the look and feel of the new custom skin. The upcoming ColorOS 11 version will run on all the upcoming and eligible Oppo devices respectively. The all-new skin version will have plenty of improvements and features that we’ve mentioned below in brief.
ColorOS 11 Expected Features
It’s pretty straight-forward that the ColorOS 11 will be based on Android 11 (R) features. So, the native Android 11 features will be there expectedly with some improvements or additional features.
- Improved Dark Mode: System-wide Dark Mode is one of the most highlighted features for the users on Android 10 and the ColorOS 11 (Android 11) will also gonna include an improved system-wide dark mode that simply runs on the whole system, apps, etc. Additionally, users will get an option to schedule the dark mode timing on a day/night basis and automatically basis as well.
- Improved Battery Backup: The upcoming ColorOS 11 much more improved battery life than the existing ColorOS 7 version.
- Double-tap Gesture: The double-tap gesture feature of Android 11 will also arrive on ColorOS 11. In this case, double-tapping on the backside of the phone will turn on the Google Assistant, camera, and other applications.
- One-time App Permission: With the ColorOS 11 version, users can easily grant one-time app permission and it will ask for permission every time whenever it requires system user access.
- Go Back Gesture: The go back gesture has been improvised after releasing the enhanced swipe gestures navigation. But with ColorOS 11, we can expect to see the sensitivity sliders that will control the go back gesture. There will be two sliders for both left and right sides.
Quick Oppo F15 Specs
The OPPO F15 sports a 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a tiny notch. The device has an aspect ratio of 20:9 and the display supports DC Dimming 2.0. Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protects the smartphone. This AMOLED display also houses the in-display fingerprint 3.0 sensor. The device has a screen to body ratio of 90.7%. MediaTek’s Helio P70 chipset which couples with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU powers the smartphone. The device comes with Game Boost 2.0 tech, which claims that it can provide users immersive gaming experience. The chipset pairs with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. This is further expandable via a microSD card.
The OPPO F15 sports a quad rear camera setup which is aligned vertically to the top left of the smartphone. This quad-camera setup includes a 48MP primary sensor which couples with an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens. It also includes a tertiary 2MP macro sensor and finally a 2MP depth sensor. To the front, it has a 16MP camera that sits inside the tiny notch. The smartphone also features for few AI enhancements in the front and rear.
The OPPO F15 packs a 4,000 mAh battery which ships with 20W fast charger. The device has support for VOOC 3.0 Flash Charge. The smartphone still runs on OPPO’s ColorOS 6 which is based on Android 9 Pie. The brand confirms that the ColorOS 7 update will roll out in February.
The device comes in Lightening Black and Unicorn White color options. The phone comes with a thin and light body and weighs around 172 grams and has 7.9mm of thickness. OPPO F15’s pricing starts at Rs 19,990 for the single 8GB + 128GB variant.
Will Oppo F15 Receive the Android 11 Update?
Updated on December 07, 2020: Today Oppo rolled the December 2020 security patch for the device with software version CPH2001PUEX_11.C.47. The update is still based on Android 10 and no major changes except the security patches. Oppo announced the Android 11 timeline for their latest smartphone.
Thank you all for your incredible patience & support! pic.twitter.com/HEfmBeivoy
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) December 3, 2020
Well, Oppo only promised the beta update of Android 11 to Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro. Regarding the official Android 11 Update for Oppo F15, there is nothing to worry about, the device will surely receive the update. According to the CMO of Oppo, almost every Oppo device gets at least 2 major software updates. Since Oppo F15 was launched with Android 10 out of the box, and it will receive the next 2 major updates; Android 11 R and Android 12.
Right now there is no official roadmap of ColorOS 11 because ColorOS 7 or 7.2 is still being in the rollout process. We will let you about the official roadmap of the update as soon as Oppo releases any press statement. Till then bookmark this page for further updates.