Oppo Reno 10X Zoom was launched in the year 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6 out-of-the-box. Recently it received the official ColorOS 7 based on Android 10. In this article, we will share with you the details of whether the Oppo Reno 10X Zoom will receive the official Android 11 (ColorOS 11).
Google has finally pushed the Android 11 Beta update, the official public version of the software isn’t likely to land until the end of the year at least. All Pixel devices(except the first-gen pixel) are now eligible to download the update or take the top after opting for the Beta program.
You landed up to this article with a question that what is the status from Oppo to push the Android 11 to the newly launched Oppo Reno 10X Zoom. Well, then go through this article, and by the end of the article you will be able to clear all the doubts regarding Oppo Reno 10X Zoom Android 11 (Android R) Update Status, either it is Android 11 official update or Android 11 Beta update.
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released by the end of the year. Given pandemic related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in ColorOS 11?
As the name suggests, ColorOS 11 is the successor version of the ColorOS 7 that can be released in November 2020 most probably. It will be based on Android 11 goodies along with some design changes that will gonna change the look and feel of the new custom skin. The upcoming ColorOS 11 version will run on all the upcoming and eligible Oppo devices respectively. The all-new skin version will have plenty of improvements and features that we’ve mentioned below in brief.
ColorOS 11 Expected Features
It’s pretty straight-forward that the ColorOS 11 will be based on Android 11 (R) features. So, the native Android 11 features will be there expectedly with some improvements or additional features.
- Improved Dark Mode: System-wide Dark Mode is one of the most highlighted features for the users on Android 10 and the ColorOS 11 (Android 11) will also gonna include an improved system-wide dark mode that simply runs on the whole system, apps, etc. Additionally, users will get an option to schedule the dark mode timing on a day/night basis and automatically basis as well.
- Improved Battery Backup: The upcoming ColorOS 11 much more improved battery life than the existing ColorOS 7 version.
- Double-tap Gesture: The double-tap gesture feature of Android 11 will also arrive on ColorOS 11. In this case, double-tapping on the backside of the phone will turn on the Google Assistant, camera, and other applications.
- One-time App Permission: With the ColorOS 11 version, users can easily grant one-time app permission and it will ask for permission every time whenever it requires system user access.
- Go Back Gesture: The go back gesture has been improvised after releasing the enhanced swipe gestures navigation. But with ColorOS 11, we can expect to see the sensitivity sliders that will control the go back gesture. There will be two sliders for both left and right sides.
Quick Oppo Reno 10X Zoom Specs
The Oppo Reno 10X Zoom was launched in June 2019 with a 6.6-inches AMOLED Full-HD+ display, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of ColorOS 6 out-of-the-box. The handset packs the Snapdragon 855 SoC, Adreno 640 GPU, 6GB/8GB/12GB of RAM, 128GB/256GB of onboard storage options.
It sports a 48MP (wide, f/1.7) + Periscope 13MP (telephoto, f/3.0) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) lens with PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, 5X Optical Zoom, HDR, Panorama, Dual-LED flash, etc. On the front side, it features a 16MP pop-up selfie camera (wide, f/2.0) with HDR and an LED flash. The handset packs a 4,065mAh battery with 20W VOOC fast charging support.
It features dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NFC, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, etc.
Will Oppo Reno 10X Zoom Receive the Android 11 Update?
Updated on March 28, 2021: Oppo Reno 10X Zoom started receiving March 2021 security patch update via OTA with version CPH1919EX_11_C.34.
Updated on February 18, 2021: Today Oppo rolled the Android 11 (ColorOS 11.0) for the device in India with software version CPH1919NV1B_11_F.01.
Updated on January 30, 2021: Today Oppo rolled the January 2021 security patch for the Reno 10X Zoom in India with software version CPH1919EX_11_C.33. The update is still based on Android 10.
Well, Oppo only promised the beta update of Android 11 to Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro. Regarding the official Android 11 Update for Oppo Reno 10X Zoom, there is nothing to worry about, the device will surely receive the update. According to the CMO of Oppo, almost every Oppo device gets at least 2 major software updates. Since Oppo Reno 10X Zoom was launched with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box, it received the Android 10 update and will also receive the next major update; Android 11 R.
Right now there is no official roadmap of ColorOS 11 because ColorOS 7 is still being in the rollout process. We will let you about the official roadmap of the update as soon as Oppo releases any press statement. Till then bookmark this page for further updates.