In a month or so, Google is gonna release the much-awaited Android 11 (R) official stable version, and some of the smartphone OEMs are still busy with pushing the Android 10 stable update to its eligible devices. The Chinese smartphone brand OPPO is one of them and it’s still rolling out the ColorOS 7 update to some of the pending devices including Oppo Reno 5G model. Yes, you heard it right. Oppo Reno 5G Android 10 (ColorOS 7) update has been started rolling now officially. Here you can find out all the necessary details along with the update changelog and firmware download link as well.
Though the handset was expected to receive the Android 10 update in June, due to the pandemic situation and the delay in software development, the Oppo R15 lineup and Oppo F15 model has received the update in July. Therefore, the Reno 5G model is receiving the update in this month e,g August 2020. Talking about the firmware update, it brings new Dark mode, navigation gesture 3.0, improved UI, optimized sidebar, improved screenshot, focus mode, quick settings, game space, Art+ wallpapers, and more.
Currently, the software update is rolling out in Europe via batches and it may take some time to arrive on all the units on region wise. The new firmware update bumps up a new software version CPH1921_11_C.26 for the Oppo Reno 5G (CPH1921) and can be downloaded from the link below. Now, let’s take a quick look at the update changelog below.
Table of Contents
Oppo Reno 5G Android 10 (ColorOS 7): Changelog
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe left or right at the bottom of the screen to switch between recently used apps.
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• You can now enable vibration for when you use Swipe gestures from both sides to go back to the previous screen.
• Optimised Google Assistant: When Swipe-up gestures (Back at both sides) or Swipe gestures from both sides is selected, you can call up Google Assistant by swiping inwards from either bottom corner of the screen.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and a quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
• Added Dual-Band Wi-Fi for faster and trouble-free connections.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports a fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
Check OTA Update
As the Oppo Reno 5G Android 10 OTA update is waving in a phased manner to region-wise initially, the update may take a while to hit all the units globally. However, the interested Oppo Reno 5G users can manually check for the OTA update via device Settings > System Updates. If the update not available for your handset, then you can manually install the Recovery OTA by following the guide below.
- CPH1921_11_C.26 (Android 10) – Recovery ROM (European Stable)
Now, let’s assume that you’ve successfully upgraded your Oppo Reno 5G device to the latest software version. Having any issues with the software update? Comment below.