Palworld is an exceptional and enticing game that is getting love from gamers all around the world. Built on the robust Unreal Engine 5, the game showcases a visually stunning world. Sadly the game is still in the early development stage so players often encounter some error messages that can disrupt their gaming experience. Users playing the game on PC have recently reported encountering a troublesome issue labeled as – Palworld Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION On PC error. Today in this guide, we will help you understand what this error is and how you can solve it easily.
This error majorly affects PC players and is accompanied by messages like A process has crashed UE-Pal Unhandled Exception EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000. Many gamers across multiple online forums have reported this issue. Many experts say that the early access nature of Palworld, coupled with the ongoing evolution of Unreal Engine 5, inevitably leads to occasional issues such as in-game crashes, startup crashes, or LowLevelFatalError. If you are also facing a similar situation, here are some troubleshooting ways to fix the same.
- How to Fix Palworld Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION On PC
- Method 1: Restart Palworld
- Method 2: Run Palworld As An Administrator
- Method 3: Turn Off Multiplayer Settings
- Method 4: Whitelist The Game In Adguard or Pi-Hole
- Method 5: Remove Peripherals
- Method 6: Delete DirectX Shader Cache
- Method 7: Update Graphics Drivers
- Method 8: Verify Palworld Game Files Integrity
- Method 9: Allow The Palworld Game Through Firewall
- Method 10: Uninstall And Reinstall Palworld
- Method 11: Contact Palworld Support
How to Fix Palworld Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION On PC
May PC players may encounter a summary error stating UE Pal Crashed – Exception Access Violation when experiencing gaming crashes. Despite the lack of an official fix at present, a potential workaround involves simply restarting the game after it crashes. While it is not officially fixed yet, here are some tried-and-tested troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and get you back to enjoying your Palworld experience without interruptions.
Method 1: Restart Palworld
Palworld Unhandled Exception occurs due to a technical glitch in the game software and its internal game files. Such errors are common for games that are not optimized to run on different chipsets and graphics configurations. The easiest way to fix this problem is to restart Palworld and see if the error is resolved. If necessary, try to restart your PC and then try to launch the game for better results.
Method 2: Run Palworld As An Administrator
Any game requires access to its internal game files to run properly. However, due to beta access of the game, the game doesn’t perform file handling operations very effectively and hence many users are encountering Palworld Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION On PC issue. This issue arises when the game does not have sufficient permissions to read or write game files. To fix this, run the game as administrator and see if it helps.
Method 3: Turn Off Multiplayer Settings
If you’re experiencing crashes, try turning off multiplayer settings in the world options. This step helps identify whether the issue is related to the multiplayer aspect of the game. Many players in the gaming community have shared that turning off the multiplayer mode fixes this issue permanently. Here is how you can do so:
- Open Palworld and access the main menu.
- Go to the Settings section and navigate to Multiplayer settings.
- Here, choose Disable to deactivate multiplayer features.
- Confirm any changes if required, and exit the settings.
- Restart Palworld and test in single-player mode to check for issue resolution.
Method 4: Whitelist The Game In Adguard or Pi-Hole
The Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error in Palworld can also be due to multiple adblock extensions or ad blockers installed on your computer. If you actively use such ad blockers, then make sure to unblock or whitelist “telemetry.palworldgame.com” to fix the problem.
Method 5: Remove Peripherals
Gamers frequently utilize various peripherals such as controllers or HOTAS for playing video games, as well as additional peripherals for various purposes. Unfortunately, these peripherals can sometimes disrupt the gaming experience, leading to an “Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION” error. It’s worth noting that Bluetooth devices are often a common culprit behind the Unhandled Exception error, and many PC users have successfully resolved the issue by removing Bluetooth devices such as headphones or wireless mice.
Method 6: Delete DirectX Shader Cache
DirectX is a requirement to run many games on the modern PC. DirectX helps the game in the preprocessing of graphics and other important components including the Shader cache in the game. However, due to some glitches, the shader cache of the game can get corrupted which may lead to several file-handling errors in the game. In order to fix this, you have to delete the DirectX Shader Cache as follows.
- Open Windows Settings and navigate to the system section.
- Here, go to Storage and then Temporary Files.
- Select DirectX Shader Cache from the list.
- Click on Remove Files to delete the shader cache.
Method 7: Update Graphics Drivers
Your computer graphics drivers are solely responsible for running and parsing the game graphics so you can enjoy the gameplay without a worry in the world. Most games are compatible with old graphic drivers, but many new games including Palworld as well. In order to fix the Palworld Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION On PC issue, you need to make sure to update the existing graphics drivers to the latest version. Here is how to do so:
- Go to the website of your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel).
- Find the driver download section and choose the right driver for your graphics card.
- Download the latest graphics card drivers.
- Run the installer you downloaded and follow on-screen instructions to install.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue with Palworld has been fixed.
Method 8: Verify Palworld Game Files Integrity
Game files are very important for a game to run properly. Since Palworld isn’t very optimized at the current stage, many files may get corrupted as you play the game. In order to fix this, you can verify and fix the existing game files using the Steam launcher. Here is how to do so:
- Open Steam and go to the Library section.
- Right-click on Palworld in your game library.
- Choose Properties and go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on the Verify integrity of game files button and wait for it to finish.
- After completion, attempt to launch the game again.
Method 9: Allow The Palworld Game Through Firewall
Palworld needs high-speed internet access to give you the best gaming experience. So, make sure to give Palworld all the necessary permissions through your firewall settings. Blocking the game’s access can lead to connectivity issues and trigger errors. Make sure Palworld is listed as an allowed application in your firewall settings. You can do it as follows:
- Access the Control Panel and navigate to System and Security.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the left panel, choose Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Change settings (ensure administrative privileges if required).
- Locate Palworld in the list and mark both Private and Public checkboxes.
- Save the changes by clicking OK and attempting to launch the game.
Method 10: Uninstall And Reinstall Palworld
Oftentimes, the issue is with the game installation itself which can only be fixed by a fresh install. This ensures a clean slate and can resolve persistent issues caused by corrupted installation files, including the UE-Pal Unhandled Exception EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000 error as well. First, uninstall the game, then download the game from the official website or directly from the Steam game store.
Method 11: Contact Palworld Support
If none of the above methods help you, then it’s best to connect with the game support team. Oftentimes, the issue is not with the game itself, but with your game account. The Palworld support team can provide personalized assistance based on your specific situation and system configuration and help solve the issue.
This brings us to the end of this guide for How to Fix Palworld Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION On PC. Please note that the Palworld game is still in the beta development stage and such issues are bound to happen. If you ever face this issue, please follow the above troubleshooting methods step by step to fix the same.