In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to fix the black screen or screen of the death problem on POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G. Just like all Android phones, these phone also faces a few minor issues that can be resolved on your own. One of the main issues for all Android users is having a black screen of death problem. Don’t worry! This article will guide you to fix the POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G black screen issues.
The black screen is an error screen displayed by the operating system. Sometimes, it is very difficult to boot up the device after the black screen of death. If you have also run into the same situation, follow the below simple steps to fix the same.
- Steps to fix the POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G Black Screen issue
Steps to fix the POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G Black Screen issue
Here are a few steps to fix the black screen of death problem on the POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G.
Reboot Your Device:
If your POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G encounter a black screen of death, then it can be a reason due to software or hardware glitches. So to check how this occurs, the first simple troubleshooting guide is to soft reset your POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G and confirm if the problem arises again. To soft reset, simply follow our guide.
Method 1: Soft Reset
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds
- You will see the screen with the option to power off
- Choose Power Off and your device will turn off
- Now press and hold the power button
- You can release it when the phone screen is on.
Method 2: Force Reboot
When your device is stuck and unable to perform any task, this guide can come in handy.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until you see the phone starts restarting.
- That’s it! Your POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G will reboot.
Wait for the Battery to Run Out and Re-charge Your Phone
If you cannot reboot your device, you may have to wait for the device’s battery to exhaust fully. You can recharge your device and turn it on when the battery is drained completely. See if the problem is now resolved.
Wipe cache partition
To wipe the cache partition on your device, you must boot into recovery mode on POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G. If you clear the cache partition, your device problem can be resolved. Recovery Mode on any Android device is crucial in troubleshooting the device problem.
Perform a factory reset
If the problem persists even after following up on the first step, try to perform a factory reset on POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G. Follow our tutorial
Instructions for Hard Reset via Settings
If this method doesn’t work, you can try the next hard reset method via recovery mode.
- In your POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G device, Go to the Settings app
- Now Additional settings menu
- Tap on Backup and reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Here you will find 5 different options to select
- To clear all the data, select Erase All Content and Settings which will wipe off all the data from your POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G
- Enter your password if you have a password on your phone
- Once you enter the password, it will now show a confirmation to erase data, so hit erase data.
- That’s it! You have successfully performed a hard reset.
Instructions for Hard Factory Reset via Recovery
Want to hard reset your POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G? then enter the recovery mode first.
- First of all, Turn off your POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G.
- Now Press and hold the Volume Up key + Power Key on your POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G device simultaneously for a while
- Once you see the Xiaomi logo, you can release the button.
- Your phone has entered recovery mode, now you can select the language
- Now your device will enter the stock recovery mode
- You can select Wipe Data by just tapping on it
- Now select Wipe/Data to confirm and enter the verification code
- That’s it! Confirm and done!
I hope this guide was useful to hard reset your POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G.
If your device still has the black screen issue even after resetting your device, then you can try to check for a new software update or manually upgrade to new stock firmware on POCO M4 and M4 Pro 5G. It was announced that a software update will debug and resolve the issue users are facing.
This should work! By following the above steps the user should not get this situation henceforth. If you encounter the same issue again, it is better to visit the nearest store and inform them about it. Make sure you also let him know that you have followed the above steps so that the showroom staff can think of some new ideas.